Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favourite Boo Boy 19:45 - Jul 24 with 3136 viewsfelly1

Well we certainly have 3 or 4 current squad players that raise the heckles.
Can you recall back in the good old or not so old days players that got their fair share of stick.
I remember back in the mid 80s stood at the back Milton with all the tough 15 year olds screaming abuse at the hapless stand in right back Steve Baker.
I've always had a soft spot these hapless heroes.
Favourite Boo Boy on 20:10 - Jul 24 with 2071 viewscocklebreath

Early days of his career poor old Franny Benali got some stick, obviously turned it round. These days as soon as I see McCarthy and his dead goat eyes I start yelling abuse

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Favourite Boo Boy on 20:52 - Jul 24 with 2017 viewspjt50

Worst for me was the stick that Alan Ball got towards the end of his playing career. If that can happen to a legend — who had such an enormous influence on Saints — then nobody's safe.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Favourite Boo Boy on 21:02 - Jul 24 with 2002 viewsSaintsforeverj

Bruce Grobbelaar. He got a lot of stick from where I sat in the West stand.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2022 21:06]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Favourite Boo Boy on 21:11 - Jul 24 with 1985 viewsSaintNick

Favourite Boo Boy on 21:02 - Jul 24 by Saintsforeverj

Bruce Grobbelaar. He got a lot of stick from where I sat in the West stand.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2022 21:06]

When I first started going Hugh Fisher came in for a lot of stick and then Lew Chatterley, the stick Ball got in his final few days was not good.

On the other hand the same people seem to make idols out of people like Steve De Ridder as they like players who run around a lot but produce little.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Favourite Boo Boy on 21:14 - Jul 24 with 1981 viewskingslandstand1

Favourite Boo Boy on 20:10 - Jul 24 by cocklebreath

Early days of his career poor old Franny Benali got some stick, obviously turned it round. These days as soon as I see McCarthy and his dead goat eyes I start yelling abuse

Talking of full backs, never really knew why as i was a mere sprog, but Joe Kirkup from what what i remember was a bit of a kicking boy?
Dirk may be able to follow that one up
Favourite Boo Boy on 21:15 - Jul 24 with 1974 viewsPatfromPoole

The only players I can remember being booed when their names were read out at the start of games were Jason Euell and Jermaine Wright.

Euell was a particularly awful player, I recall.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Favourite Boo Boy on 21:18 - Jul 24 with 1966 viewskingslandstand1

Favourite Boo Boy on 21:11 - Jul 24 by SaintNick

When I first started going Hugh Fisher came in for a lot of stick and then Lew Chatterley, the stick Ball got in his final few days was not good.

On the other hand the same people seem to make idols out of people like Steve De Ridder as they like players who run around a lot but produce little.

Do you mean Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve

And on the basis of run around and not really produce, surely Ch****n George Lawrence comes in to that category. If it wasn't for the wall at the enof the pitch he'd have kept going right down Milton Road!
Favourite Boo Boy on 21:20 - Jul 24 with 1948 viewsBuggalugs

I was brought up on Franny getting regularly slated and Glenn Cockerill being referred to as Captain Crap.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Login to get fewer ads

Favourite Boo Boy on 21:27 - Jul 24 with 1954 viewsSaintsforeverj

Paul Telfer got a quite of bit of stick too, when Strachan kept playing him instead of Wayne Brigade wasn't it, can't remember but Telfer kept being played. And ofcourse Ian Dowie.

Favourite Boo Boy on 22:10 - Jul 24 with 1917 viewsButty101

Favourite Boo Boy on 21:11 - Jul 24 by SaintNick

Run around and produce little…. That sounds like an Irish striker that we have recently let go

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Favourite Boo Boy on 22:16 - Jul 24 with 1911 viewsSaintNick

Favourite Boo Boy on 22:10 - Jul 24 by Butty101

Run around and produce little…. That sounds like an Irish striker that we have recently let go

Another booed boy pointed out, no consideration given for the years he gave us when he was a genuine first teamer, just give him stick for the twilight of his career

Favourite Boo Boy on 22:18 - Jul 24 with 1904 viewsSaintsforeverj

Favourite Boo Boy on 22:16 - Jul 24 by SaintNick

Another booed boy pointed out, no consideration given for the years he gave us when he was a genuine first teamer, just give him stick for the twilight of his career

Shane Long was adored by the fans. When he scored the second goal in a PL game, St Mary's roared louder than I have ever heard.

Favourite Boo Boy on 22:21 - Jul 24 with 1898 viewsSaintNick

Favourite Boo Boy on 22:18 - Jul 24 by Saintsforeverj

Shane Long was adored by the fans. When he scored the second goal in a PL game, St Mary's roared louder than I have ever heard.

You are right, it just goes to show how sometimes it seems like our entire fanbase hates most of our players, Ralph Hasenhuttl and the club, then you go to a game and its all positive

Favourite Boo Boy on 07:19 - Jul 25 with 1773 viewsBerber

Favourite Boo Boy on 22:21 - Jul 24 by SaintNick

You are right, it just goes to show how sometimes it seems like our entire fanbase hates most of our players, Ralph Hasenhuttl and the club, then you go to a game and its all positive

But this IS The Ugly Inside isn’t it?
Favourite Boo Boy on 07:19 - Jul 25 with 1768 viewssaintwizzler

Hassenhüttl has to take the rough with the smooth.
When we went top of the league and beating Liverpool, he got praise. Was being touted for the Spurs and Man Utd job.

After the West Ham cup win when we went to shit fans stuck behind him during games until the shitshow at Brentford when there were some songs aimed at him. If he or any player takes any notice of what’s written on social media then more fool them.

It’s a results based business.
Credit to the club for sticking with him after two nine nil hammerings, nearly three, but Chelsea took their foot off the gas and woeful runs of form.

But if he keeps the club in the league then that’s his job done.
He’s here until it looks like we are in real relegation trouble.
And if that’s all what the new owners want (to stay up) then so be it.

Unless they put some serious money in then the days of European jollies are long gone and it’s looking to finish top half at max.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Favourite Boo Boy on 07:52 - Jul 25 with 1749 viewsJimmyMeliaPhD

I used to get my (un)fair share!
Favourite Boo Boy on 08:30 - Jul 25 with 1691 viewsButty101

Favourite Boo Boy on 22:16 - Jul 24 by SaintNick

Lets be honest he has stole a living for the last 3 years.

I just find it ironic that you lord one headless chicken and deride another. Long was great in his heyday, but that was a errrr long time ago

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Favourite Boo Boy on 08:34 - Jul 25 with 1688 viewskernow

Favourite Boo Boy on 07:52 - Jul 25 by JimmyMeliaPhD

I used to get my (un)fair share!

That's because the ball slid off your brylcreem every time you went to head it.
Favourite Boo Boy on 09:38 - Jul 25 with 1608 viewsSaintNick

Favourite Boo Boy on 08:30 - Jul 25 by Butty101

Lets be honest he has stole a living for the last 3 years.

I just find it ironic that you lord one headless chicken and deride another. Long was great in his heyday, but that was a errrr long time ago

Its a squad game now. not every player in the squad can be a genuine first team starter unless you are Manchester City etc.

In the last few seasons you are right his role has diminished , but he came off the bench and got us over the line on a number of occasions, notably Everton at home.

Personally I would rather have Shane Long coming off the bench than say Dan N'Lundulu as was the case in the tail end of 2020/21 when Long was on loan at Bournemouth.

I have never held up Long as our saviour, only as a player that can come on and give you a vital 10 minutes at the end of a game, trouble is for some it is all about goals as he is a striker, but his job was to break up the play stop the opposition building from the back and closing them down.

He did that well

Favourite Boo Boy on 09:59 - Jul 25 with 1582 viewsfelly1

A few others that come to mind.
Guly Do Prado. We all loved the classic "ole ole ole ole Guly guly!"
But we also like to hurl abuse at our rather languid and inconsistent Brazilian.
David Mcgoldrick got plenty of stick if I remember rightly.
It was the year we went down from the Championship playing "total football" with the kids.
I think he still scored something like 14 goals?
Danny Fox. Poor full back.
Oh no Mick Mills.
As Pat says Jermaine Wright. That was the dawning realisation of what it meant to have a Championship standard player. Not a popular bunny.
Jason Euell was pretty crap as well. Ex Prem player in cruise control.
Favourite Boo Boy on 10:25 - Jul 25 with 1560 viewsSadoldgit

I’ve never booed a Saints player during a match. Whoever they are I just want everyone out there to do well and I don’t think slagging them off whilst playing helps. However, I used to despair every time I saw Frannie’s name on the team sheet. To be fair though towards the end of his career he did become a half decent footballer. I couldn’t wait for Terry Hurlock to leave. All he seemed to do was amble around kicking people in the games I saw him play. There have been SO many disappointments though. Alan McLoughlin, Stuart Ripley, Dixon and Speedie, Frank Saul… I had better stop there as I could be here all day.
Favourite Boo Boy on 10:53 - Jul 25 with 1523 viewsNewdawn2014

Favourite Boo Boy on 22:21 - Jul 24 by SaintNick

we are all entitled to our opinion but sometimes the vitriol aimed as some players is shocking .
Favourite Boo Boy on 11:19 - Jul 25 with 1508 viewsSaintNick

Favourite Boo Boy on 09:59 - Jul 25 by felly1

A few others that come to mind.
Guly Do Prado. We all loved the classic "ole ole ole ole Guly guly!"
But we also like to hurl abuse at our rather languid and inconsistent Brazilian.
David Mcgoldrick got plenty of stick if I remember rightly.
It was the year we went down from the Championship playing "total football" with the kids.
I think he still scored something like 14 goals?
Danny Fox. Poor full back.
Oh no Mick Mills.
As Pat says Jermaine Wright. That was the dawning realisation of what it meant to have a Championship standard player. Not a popular bunny.
Jason Euell was pretty crap as well. Ex Prem player in cruise control.

Danny Fox was a decent Championship level left back who provided many crosses and free kicks for Rickie Lambert, interestingly many preferred the other Dan he replaced , Harding who did little but harangue ball boys, but he did run around a lot.

Favourite Boo Boy on 12:43 - Jul 25 with 1478 viewsfelly1

Favourite Boo Boy on 11:19 - Jul 25 by SaintNick

Danny Fox was a decent Championship level left back who provided many crosses and free kicks for Rickie Lambert, interestingly many preferred the other Dan he replaced , Harding who did little but harangue ball boys, but he did run around a lot.

I liked Dan Harding. Good League 1 fullback and was Pardews first signing, at what was the new dawn of Saints rise to where we are now. I likes his marauding runs down the left wing.
He got the crowd going.
Let's not remember to complete meltdown he had at Carlisle away though shall we!
Favourite Boo Boy on 12:50 - Jul 25 with 1463 viewsSaintNick

Favourite Boo Boy on 12:43 - Jul 25 by felly1

I liked Dan Harding. Good League 1 fullback and was Pardews first signing, at what was the new dawn of Saints rise to where we are now. I likes his marauding runs down the left wing.
He got the crowd going.
Let's not remember to complete meltdown he had at Carlisle away though shall we!

He was a good League 1 fullback , Fox was a step up and then Shaw a step further

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024