Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele 15:50 - Jul 31 with 8080 viewsElijahK

Just found out for a pretty reliable source that saints have had a bid excepted by Lyon, and just have to sort out personal stuff with Dembele now (aka contracts and such), but it does seem like we’re just about to sign him!

This transfer market sure has shown of how this new owner sure is backing us and that we will finally get more investment in and won’t be having to sell our best players to buy new ones anymore! So nobody should be complaining about investment or such if this deal goes through, as it’s the most we’ve ever had, and by a long way too!

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 16:24 - Jul 31 with 5664 viewsTimSaint

Do you mean ACCEPTED ?

Could be a good signing, as we were severely lacking up front yesterday.

How do you know we don't have to sell players to fund these purchases ?

It is rumoured that a few may be on their way out before the window closes, including Che Adams, who perhaps didn't feature yesterday in case he got an injury that could scupper a move to Leeds.

TimSaint

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 16:45 - Jul 31 with 5575 viewsElijahK

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 16:24 - Jul 31 by TimSaint

Do you mean ACCEPTED ?

It is rumoured that a few may be on their way out before the window closes, including Che Adams, who perhaps didn't feature yesterday in case he got an injury that could scupper a move to Leeds.

Ok well let’s say we bought demebel for £20mill, that’s £70mill we’ve spent this transfer market meaning that even if we sold Adams for £10mill we’ve still got a net spend of -£60mill, so unless we sold the likes of Prowse before the market closes, have clearly had some investment for once.

And Adams wise, I don’t see him leaving as I’m doubtful that Leeds even want him anyway, and even if they did, we certainly would probably want more than just £10mill for him. And why would he wanna go there anyway? So nah I don’t see that one happening.

But yeah well let’s hope that we can get Dembele as if he signs and we can get just one more centre half, well I think I may actually be looking forward to next season for the first time in quite a while.

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 21:03 - Jul 31 with 5285 viewskingslandstand1

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 16:24 - Jul 31 by TimSaint

Do you mean ACCEPTED ?

Could have done with a CB as welll if possible ..........................................
Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 22:49 - Jul 31 with 5101 viewsdarthvader

Is this true? I mean do we have a chance with the likes of villa Chelsea wolves etc interested ?

keep the faith coyr

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 22:51 - Jul 31 with 5099 viewsdarthvader

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 22:49 - Jul 31 by darthvader

Is this true? I mean do we have a chance with the likes of villa Chelsea wolves etc interested ?

PS Che to stay imo as we need four strikers

keep the faith coyr

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 00:00 - Aug 1 with 5022 viewsElijahK

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 22:49 - Jul 31 by darthvader

No in all seriousness mate I was doing some work at staplwood recently and am getting to know a few people there, and someone who I know, who knows a guy who’s part of the first team squad (as in staff not player) has said that it’s pretty much certain (unless his mates lied to him, which never happens, as why would he do that?) and that we’ve just gotta agree personal terms with Dembele.

I mean I did also get some info and was one of the first to say about us getting a new owner back in December/January before anything happened, and was right with that situation.

As it makes sense as there were loads of rumours of us wanting him only a fortnight or so ago, and like many of the other signings we’ve made so far this season, they’ve all been very quite on the rumour side before anything was actually announced, so it makes sense why there’s very little being said around it, yet it is almost certainly true.

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 00:03 - Aug 1 with 5021 viewsElijahK

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 22:51 - Jul 31 by darthvader

PS Che to stay imo as we need four strikers

Well we’ve got 4 right now, and if Demebele signs then that’ll be 5. But I’d still want him to stay as we should have 2 upfront and if we have 5 then even when one’s injured or suspended l, we’ve still got a backup player for both spots upfront

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 08:56 - Aug 1 with 4779 viewsButty101

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 00:03 - Aug 1 by ElijahK

Well we’ve got 4 right now, and if Demebele signs then that’ll be 5. But I’d still want him to stay as we should have 2 upfront and if we have 5 then even when one’s injured or suspended l, we’ve still got a backup player for both spots upfront

Who is the 4 forwards we have at the moment? I make it 3 with about 15 goals a season between them.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Login to get fewer ads

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 09:28 - Aug 1 with 4717 viewsSonicBoom

If Dembele does come let's hope he has a good attitude. Some players in his situation might not see us as a step up from Lyon but might just fancy the money.
If he's motivated d wants to be here then that would be great.
Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 11:04 - Aug 1 with 4560 viewsElijahK

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 08:56 - Aug 1 by Butty101

Who is the 4 forwards we have at the moment? I make it 3 with about 15 goals a season between them.

yeah sorry your right, we’ve only got 3. But I know Ralph wants to play stir a bit further up front, but nah yeah we’ve only got 3 and if Dembele signs it’ll just be 4

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 21:37 - Aug 1 with 4158 viewsTimSaint

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 11:04 - Aug 1 by ElijahK

yeah sorry your right, we’ve only got 3. But I know Ralph wants to play stir a bit further up front, but nah yeah we’ve only got 3 and if Dembele signs it’ll just be 4

We've got Adams, A Armstrong and Mara

We also have the following who can(?) play that role, or have been experimentally played there !!

S Armstrong, Tella, Redmond, Djenepo, Walcott, Aribo and Elyounoussi

We need a 15 goal a season striker, but obviously they are hard to find at the price we are willing to pay.

TimSaint

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 21:50 - Aug 1 with 4130 viewsSaintNick

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 21:37 - Aug 1 by TimSaint

We also have the following who can(?) play that role, or have been experimentally played there !!

We need a 15 goal a season striker, but obviously they are hard to find at the price we are willing to pay.

They are hard to find at the price that most of the bottom half of the Premier league can pay

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 08:37 - Aug 2 with 3864 viewssaint22

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 21:37 - Aug 1 by TimSaint

we NEED a centre back
No good having a 15 goal a season if you ship shed loads of soft goals
Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 10:07 - Aug 2 with 3745 viewsSonicBoom

Nick's point is a good one.
It would be easier and probably cheaper to find a decent defender to reduce our goals conceded, than to find a striker that can score 15-20 goals.
Seems like a no brainer.
Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 10:12 - Aug 2 with 3735 viewssaints__fan__73

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 21:50 - Aug 1 by SaintNick

They are hard to find at the price that most of the bottom half of the Premier league can pay

Shame we couldn't have kept the one we already had then. I assume if we had used a portion of the wages we are spunking up against the wall on Theo we could have bettered what Villa were offering, even if his life-long ambition was to play for them...

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 13:35 - Aug 2 with 3544 viewsSpringhill_old_boy

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 09:28 - Aug 1 by SonicBoom

If Dembele does come let's hope he has a good attitude. Some players in his situation might not see us as a step up from Lyon but might just fancy the money.
If he's motivated d wants to be here then that would be great.

Might be a bit controversial here but "Some players in his situation might not see us as a step up from Lyon" as much as we love our club .. can you really claim that a move to Saints is a step up from a team playing regularly in the Champions League and if PSG were not Qataris plaything would be a contender to win the French league??
Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 13:48 - Aug 2 with 3525 viewsSonicBoom

The PL is the big attraction, not us.
It's why players leave Celtic and Rangers to join us.
Plus is it that big a deal to "play" in the Champions League. Most teams get a few group matches and that's it.
Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 22:46 - Aug 2 with 3318 viewscocklebreath

This isn’t happening

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 23:13 - Aug 2 with 3283 viewsElijahK

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 22:46 - Aug 2 by cocklebreath

This isn’t happening

And why do you say that? As half our transfers this season came from nothing (as in nothing being said around … joining us), and there were loads of rumours of us going for him only a fortnight ago or so. But I know it’s a reliable source, so as long as can agree person terms with Demebele then he’ll be signing for us

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 23:38 - Aug 2 with 3258 viewsChesham_Saint

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 23:13 - Aug 2 by ElijahK

And why do you say that? As half our transfers this season came from nothing (as in nothing being said around … joining us), and there were loads of rumours of us going for him only a fortnight ago or so. But I know it’s a reliable source, so as long as can agree person terms with Demebele then he’ll be signing for us

Sorry Elijah, but I’m sure I read an article somewhere a couple of weeks back where the player said he wasn’t at all interested in Saints as we weren’t big enough. I thought he sounded way too arrogant for us, I mean, Lyon?

In short, if he’s got that attitude we don’t need him.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 00:16 - Aug 3 with 3233 viewsElijahK

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 23:38 - Aug 2 by Chesham_Saint

Sorry Elijah, but I’m sure I read an article somewhere a couple of weeks back where the player said he wasn’t at all interested in Saints as we weren’t big enough. I thought he sounded way too arrogant for us, I mean, Lyon?

I wouldn’t necessarily say that some article is the most reliable of sources, but well if he does join us well ether it’ll of been the usual medias BS or he’s changed his mind. As even if he does have a bit of an attitude, if he can get us the goals we need then I won’t be complaining too much

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 07:27 - Aug 3 with 3088 viewsBuggalugs

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 00:16 - Aug 3 by ElijahK

I wouldn’t necessarily say that some article is the most reliable of sources, but well if he does join us well ether it’ll of been the usual medias BS or he’s changed his mind. As even if he does have a bit of an attitude, if he can get us the goals we need then I won’t be complaining too much

Quite right and your original post is far more reliable I’m sure.

Keep up the good work pal.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 07:58 - Aug 3 with 3051 viewsSadoldgit

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 23:38 - Aug 2 by Chesham_Saint

You believe everything you read Chesh? 🤔
Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 19:16 - Aug 4 with 2630 viewsElijahK

I do wonder what’s taking soo long/why it’s been soo very quiet.
As even nicks said that he’s heard this rumour from many others as well, but as each day passes and nothings said it sure does make you wonder what’s happening, or whether it was all a load of BS in the first place…

Lyon except southamptons bid for Dembele on 19:31 - Aug 4 with 2597 viewsdwayne_dibley

if he is not interested then bollux to him

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024