Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strikers in January 13:38 - Nov 9 with 1177 viewsBadlands

McBurnie is going nowhere but Wilf?
I can'r see us keeping him if he's fit just because his wages are so much out of kilter with the club and other players. Shame, especially as he would be good (IMO) and he and his family genuinely love the area.

So who would partner, push, test Oli?

Gossip around Tottenham suggests Llorente will be given a transfer or loan out - should we consider having back on loan if the £££s are in keeping with our pay policies?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Strikers in January on 13:46 - Nov 9 with 1161 viewsjack247

I wouldn’t be so sure on Bony. Looking at it from another clubs point of view he’s on massive wages and has a very concerning injury record. Unless it’s a heavily subsidised loan, or he takes a big pay cut to get a long contract somewhere, he may well see the season out.
Strikers in January on 13:58 - Nov 9 with 1138 viewsairedale

Yeah, I can’t see another club taking him on in January. They’d have to match his wages or, offer him something tasty like 4 years on say £40k per week.
Strikers in January on 14:11 - Nov 9 with 1111 viewsLeonWasGod

Courtney Baker-Richardson

Seriously. I can't see us splashing the cash after Huw's seen him have one good home game. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. He looked pretty bright and was a big part of our success against QPR, but then was promptly dropped. He would be more fitting to the way we're going about things than bringing in an over-the-hill, over-paid has been. A gamble for goals though., but we all know Ollie can play to the side of a big striker - he did it well enough last season on loan and was still banging in the goals.
Strikers in January on 22:44 - Nov 9 with 896 viewsjackrmee

Strikers in January on 14:11 - Nov 9 by LeonWasGod

Courtney Baker-Richardson

Seriously. I can't see us splashing the cash after Huw's seen him have one good home game. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. He looked pretty bright and was a big part of our success against QPR, but then was promptly dropped. He would be more fitting to the way we're going about things than bringing in an over-the-hill, over-paid has been. A gamble for goals though., but we all know Ollie can play to the side of a big striker - he did it well enough last season on loan and was still banging in the goals.

If Wilf goes we will get someone in. Either a cheapy like that Shankland geezer (who I'd take a gamble on), a youngster, or someone on loan.

I think CBR is definitely worth keeping, but I think GP would like someone else.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Strikers in January on 00:08 - Nov 10 with 832 viewsmajorraglan

Strikers in January on 22:44 - Nov 9 by jackrmee

If Wilf goes we will get someone in. Either a cheapy like that Shankland geezer (who I'd take a gamble on), a youngster, or someone on loan.

I think CBR is definitely worth keeping, but I think GP would like someone else.

Agreed, if Wilf goes there is a good chance someone will come in, but I am not convinced he will go. He has a pretty poor injury record at the moment and in my opinion a lot of clubs will steer well clear of him. He is a quality player when fit, but I don’t think clubs will risk a punt on him. Secondly, it is rumoured that Man City are subsidising his wages, if he leaves will Man City carry on paying the next club a similar amount of the wages or will the arrangement end when he leaves Swansea? I would have thought it’s the latter, so its possible the club will have to pay him almost as much to move as they are paying to retain him.
Strikers in January on 03:19 - Nov 10 with 768 viewsLoyal

Strikers in January on 13:46 - Nov 9 by jack247

I wouldn’t be so sure on Bony. Looking at it from another clubs point of view he’s on massive wages and has a very concerning injury record. Unless it’s a heavily subsidised loan, or he takes a big pay cut to get a long contract somewhere, he may well see the season out.

Bony needs to lower his expectations wages wise just as much as we have had to lower ours every time he kicks a ball for Swansea.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Strikers in January on 03:35 - Nov 10 with 761 viewsjack247

Strikers in January on 03:19 - Nov 10 by Loyal

Bony needs to lower his expectations wages wise just as much as we have had to lower ours every time he kicks a ball for Swansea.

No shit. I’m sure he’s perfectly aware that he’s never going to get another deal like he’s on now, unless he ends up in China or the desert. It’s why I wouldn’t be surprised if he sits out his contract.
Strikers in January on 07:54 - Nov 10 with 692 viewsjackrmee

Strikers in January on 00:08 - Nov 10 by majorraglan

Agreed, if Wilf goes there is a good chance someone will come in, but I am not convinced he will go. He has a pretty poor injury record at the moment and in my opinion a lot of clubs will steer well clear of him. He is a quality player when fit, but I don’t think clubs will risk a punt on him. Secondly, it is rumoured that Man City are subsidising his wages, if he leaves will Man City carry on paying the next club a similar amount of the wages or will the arrangement end when he leaves Swansea? I would have thought it’s the latter, so its possible the club will have to pay him almost as much to move as they are paying to retain him.

I'm not bothered if he doesn't go tbh. Actually would be really happy to see him getting back to fitness under Potter. Couldn't be a better manager to manage his recovery I think.

I don't think it matters if his wages are subsidised, as his contract is up at the end of the season, so he doesn't get paid then. The club won't have to pay him to move, as it will be on a 'Bosman'.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024