Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prison Menus 17:06 - Oct 17 with 10374 viewsLord_Bony

Not too bad actually. I think a lot of homeless people would prefer to be inside with a couple of square meals a day and access to playstions,tv,books etc. Like being in a holiday camp for some.

But to be fair,hard-core violent prisoners don't have access to any of this.

Here's a typical menu from HM Prison Hull...

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/chicken-curry-pizz

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Prison Menus on 17:23 - Oct 17 with 7641 viewsWarwickHunt

I don’t fancy the “donor” pizza.
Prison Menus on 17:49 - Oct 17 with 7603 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Prison Menus on 17:23 - Oct 17 by WarwickHunt

I don’t fancy the “donor” pizza.

What about the donor kidney?
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 17:49]

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Prison Menus on 21:54 - Oct 17 with 7480 viewsSirjohnalot

Also the fact that a lot are locked up 22 plus hours a day in a small cell, face record levels of violence and and suicides.

Don’t believe all this holiday camp nonsense you read in the Daily Mail. It’s not true. I’ve just finished a inquest into a death of a prisoner in a local jail. Very grim.
Prison Menus on 22:25 - Oct 17 with 7439 viewsbuilthjack

How long were you in Hull prison Bony?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Prison Menus on 22:35 - Oct 17 with 7424 viewsmajorraglan

The pictures in the papers are almost certainly not HMP food, the cutlery is steel and in prison its almost certainly likely to be plastic, my guess is that the financial difficulties the prison service face the budget for food isn’t going to stretch very far.

Wouldn’t disagree about some having play stations and books and I dare say for some people who have literally been dragged up it could be a better than th3 existence they had outside. I reckon Sir John is on the money.
Prison Menus on 01:38 - Oct 18 with 7341 viewsLord_Bony

Well the article was written by a local Hull newspaper so there must be some credible evidence there. This is for the lower crime category of prisoners,but still not a bad life none the less.

"Inmates can choose between an "ordinary" diet, a Halal diet, a vegetarian diet, healthy options or vegan diet.

During a week in September, the most popular lunch items were a sausage or burger bap chosen by 440 inmates, a Halal roast chicken leg (407), and a halal chicken burger the choice for 403. "

A great choice of deserts and biscuits and tea at bed time ...sounds tempting.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Prison Menus on 13:25 - Oct 18 with 7193 viewsLeonWasGod

Prison Menus on 21:54 - Oct 17 by Sirjohnalot

Also the fact that a lot are locked up 22 plus hours a day in a small cell, face record levels of violence and and suicides.

Don’t believe all this holiday camp nonsense you read in the Daily Mail. It’s not true. I’ve just finished a inquest into a death of a prisoner in a local jail. Very grim.

I'm not sure the bit where women give birth alone in a cell and then the kid dies without any company or medical attention is really going to help sell these holiday camps either. Not easy to get a good quote or picture for the brochure out of that.
Prison Menus on 13:58 - Oct 18 with 7159 viewsSwanjaxs

Absolutely disgusting!

Why leave them out for two hours?

One hour should be ample 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Login to get fewer ads

Prison Menus on 14:03 - Oct 18 with 7153 viewsBatterseajack

If you like the look of the Roast Chicken in the prison article, you can find the recipe in the following link....using the same stock photo of a roast chicken dinner.

https://www.slimfast.co.uk/recipes/meat-recipes/roast-chicken
Prison Menus on 15:27 - Oct 18 with 7112 viewsGlyn1

Here's some pics of their meals that a fed-up prisoner sent to the papers.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/inmate-moans-prison-food-worse-14217022

On a serious point, the Prison Service has been under-funded for years, because no MP is going to benefit from trying to get more money for it.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2019 15:31]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Prison Menus on 15:41 - Oct 18 with 7100 viewsFlashberryjack

Poor little blighters...mind you it's hardly surprising that there are high levels of violence and suicides in prisons is it, seeing that a fair amount of inmates are there because they're violent, and quite a lot are suffering the effects of alcohol and drug abuse, some even both.

Edit
I was in singleton hospital overnight, in the morning for breakfast I was given cornflakes with hardly any milk as they'd run out, a not very fresh bread roll, a mini portion of margarine and one of strawberry jam.
I wondered what was for breakfast in HMP establishment down the road, the apologetic nurse was of the same opinion as myself.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2019 16:20]

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Prison Menus on 17:12 - Oct 18 with 7051 viewsJackfath

What should we be feeding inmates?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Prison Menus on 17:16 - Oct 18 with 7045 viewsSwanjaxs

Prison Menus on 17:12 - Oct 18 by Jackfath

What should we be feeding inmates?

Porridge 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Prison Menus on 17:18 - Oct 18 with 7043 viewsJackfath

Nothing else?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Prison Menus on 17:27 - Oct 18 with 7036 viewsSwanjaxs

Prison Menus on 17:18 - Oct 18 by Jackfath

Nothing else?

Perhaps a little stale bread...

That's all they deserve.

If they expect any different then obey the law of the land.

Simples 👍

Prison Menus on 18:27 - Oct 18 with 6994 viewsFlashberryjack

Prison Menus on 17:16 - Oct 18 by Swanjaxs

Porridge 👍

Cold.

Hello

Prison Menus on 19:15 - Oct 18 with 6964 viewsSirjohnalot

Prison Menus on 17:27 - Oct 18 by Swanjaxs

Perhaps a little stale bread...

That's all they deserve.

If they expect any different then obey the law of the land.

Simples 👍

I defended a chap who was charged with murder.

He was in bed and his house was broken into. There were two of them, one said his mate had his wife and daughter downstairs and were going to rape them. He fought this guy and in doing so, killed him with a knife from the house.

My client was arrested for murder and remanded for a trial which took place around 9 months later.....what type of food should he have had ?
Prison Menus on 19:20 - Oct 18 with 6950 viewsSwanjaxs

Prison Menus on 19:15 - Oct 18 by Sirjohnalot

He was in bed and his house was broken into. There were two of them, one said his mate had his wife and daughter downstairs and were going to rape them. He fought this guy and in doing so, killed him with a knife from the house.

My client was arrested for murder and remanded for a trial which took place around 9 months later.....what type of food should he have had ?

Do you think it's a good idea coming on a public forum and discussing one of your past clients?

To answer your question...

Basic prison food

Prison Menus on 19:25 - Oct 18 with 6941 viewsFlashberryjack

Prison Menus on 19:15 - Oct 18 by Sirjohnalot

Caviar, Fillet steak, Salmon washed down with the best champagne.
His cell should have a bed of the highest quality, a full screen TV with Sky sports, free fags and beer if he wants, in fact he should receive a f*cking medal as well.

As for the judge who remanded him in custody, he should be arrested, and fed bread and water for nine months, whilst receiving a huge and severe daily boot up the ar*e for being such a prize tw*t.

Hello

Prison Menus on 19:33 - Oct 18 with 6930 viewsSirjohnalot

Prison Menus on 19:25 - Oct 18 by Flashberryjack

Caviar, Fillet steak, Salmon washed down with the best champagne.
His cell should have a bed of the highest quality, a full screen TV with Sky sports, free fags and beer if he wants, in fact he should receive a f*cking medal as well.

As for the judge who remanded him in custody, he should be arrested, and fed bread and water for nine months, whilst receiving a huge and severe daily boot up the ar*e for being such a prize tw*t.

He was unanimously found not guilty.

Only reason I raised this case was because of the comments about people obeying the law. It’s not always as straight forward as that. There many people inside who should never be there, mental health problems eg. Also, if someone is serving life, what’s the point in givIng them basic rations ? Just inhumane.

My chap was remanded, partly for own safety due to threats from burglar’s family. When he was acquitted, he was given a new identity and location.
Prison Menus on 19:41 - Oct 18 with 6916 viewsFlashberryjack

Prison Menus on 19:33 - Oct 18 by Sirjohnalot

He was unanimously found not guilty.

Only reason I raised this case was because of the comments about people obeying the law. It’s not always as straight forward as that. There many people inside who should never be there, mental health problems eg. Also, if someone is serving life, what’s the point in givIng them basic rations ? Just inhumane.

My chap was remanded, partly for own safety due to threats from burglar’s family. When he was acquitted, he was given a new identity and location.

Awful story that...as I, and probably most men would have done exactly the same thing as the guy remanded did.
But to imprison an innocent man for his own safety is an absolute ridiculous state of affairs.

As for your point of giving basic rations to a person serving life being inhuman, would you still consider it inhuman if he'd murdered or raped one of your family ?

Hello

Prison Menus on 19:45 - Oct 18 with 6910 viewsSirjohnalot

Prison Menus on 19:41 - Oct 18 by Flashberryjack

Awful story that...as I, and probably most men would have done exactly the same thing as the guy remanded did.
But to imprison an innocent man for his own safety is an absolute ridiculous state of affairs.

As for your point of giving basic rations to a person serving life being inhuman, would you still consider it inhuman if he'd murdered or raped one of your family ?

Absolutely not. I’d want to kill the bastard, which is why I have to think objectively as opposed to emotionally.
Prison Menus on 19:48 - Oct 18 with 6896 viewsFlashberryjack

Prison Menus on 19:45 - Oct 18 by Sirjohnalot

Absolutely not. I’d want to kill the bastard, which is why I have to think objectively as opposed to emotionally.

Good answer

Hello

Prison Menus on 20:06 - Oct 18 with 6873 viewsSirjohnalot

Prison Menus on 19:48 - Oct 18 by Flashberryjack

Good answer

That’s sometimes the hard thing about when you defend. It’s not your job to question if he has done it or not, you represent him according to instructions and put forward his case. After all, even if the evidence is overwhelming, no one actually knows what’s happened till the evidence is tested.

It’s different, of course, if he tells you he’s done it. Changes things completely
Prison Menus on 20:40 - Oct 18 with 6846 viewsFlashberryjack

Prison Menus on 20:06 - Oct 18 by Sirjohnalot

That’s sometimes the hard thing about when you defend. It’s not your job to question if he has done it or not, you represent him according to instructions and put forward his case. After all, even if the evidence is overwhelming, no one actually knows what’s happened till the evidence is tested.

It’s different, of course, if he tells you he’s done it. Changes things completely

If I may ask, if he/she admits to committing a serious crime, but wants you to plead his/her innocence, how would that change things ?

Hello

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024