Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grimes 00:37 - Dec 11 with 2963 viewsBadlands

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50735310

Matt Grimes: Swansea City midfielder says captaincy is not affecting his game

Anyone agree?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Grimes on 07:41 - Dec 11 with 2843 viewsYossarian

What is HIS reason for him being so poor then? The captaincy is saving him at the moment. If he wasn’t skipper he’d have been dropped weeks ago.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Grimes on 07:57 - Dec 11 with 2816 viewsFireboy2

Grimes on 07:41 - Dec 11 by Yossarian

What is HIS reason for him being so poor then? The captaincy is saving him at the moment. If he wasn’t skipper he’d have been dropped weeks ago.

An interview full of cliches.

Sorry Matt you are wrong.
Grimes on 08:03 - Dec 11 with 2801 views34dfgdf54

He's got the armband on, but he does nothing as captain.

It's not affecting his game, he's just nowhere near as good as people on here say he is.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 8:04]
Grimes on 10:17 - Dec 11 with 2674 viewsoldcob

Everyone has the right to a poor game now and then, but he's abusing the privilege.
Grimes on 10:40 - Dec 11 with 2640 viewsLeonWasGod

I don't think it is - I'm fairly sure he'd be no diffferent without the armband.

It's not an individual player issue for me, I don't think it can be as they are ALL down on their games. It's the collective that isn't working as well as last year. Half decent players don't become rubbish overnight, and we've seen enough over recent years to know that when the teamwork and understanding isn't right on the pitch anyone can look bad.
Grimes on 11:07 - Dec 11 with 2594 viewsYossarian

Grimes on 10:40 - Dec 11 by LeonWasGod

I don't think it is - I'm fairly sure he'd be no diffferent without the armband.

It's not an individual player issue for me, I don't think it can be as they are ALL down on their games. It's the collective that isn't working as well as last year. Half decent players don't become rubbish overnight, and we've seen enough over recent years to know that when the teamwork and understanding isn't right on the pitch anyone can look bad.

So that implies that Cooper is the problem? I’m starting to think that might well be a factor. Perhaps the players don’t rate him. Cooper is a bit too hasty to say he has no complaints over attitude and commitment. I’m begining to wonder if they are actually playing for him now.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Grimes on 11:25 - Dec 11 with 2553 viewsLeonWasGod

Grimes on 11:07 - Dec 11 by Yossarian

So that implies that Cooper is the problem? I’m starting to think that might well be a factor. Perhaps the players don’t rate him. Cooper is a bit too hasty to say he has no complaints over attitude and commitment. I’m begining to wonder if they are actually playing for him now.

Yeah, I think it comes down to Cooper and his team. We seem to be losing the understanding between the players on the pitch. Surely that has to come from the training pitch? Committment, who knows? If we can't play around teams we're in trouble, because even fully committed there aren't many in this team who can win a physical battle (or even want to try in a few cases).

I'm not sure what's going on, but key players like Celina are a shadow of their former selves. We can't afford that- we need players like him and Grimes and VdH to be making the difference.

Cooper's young and in his first senior coaching job, so hopefully he can steady this mini slide and learn and improve. It just highlights how good Potter was imo.
Grimes on 19:45 - Dec 11 with 2322 viewsicecoldjack

Watching the players warming up earlier, only a snippet so may be stuff I didn't see but no fast one touch passing in a circle, two 3 touch and pass, that says a bit for me, passing drills dont seem high on the agenda and it shows in our games.

I'm not there so understand if there were other passing drills.
Login to get fewer ads

Grimes on 22:09 - Dec 11 with 2061 viewsOldjack

He's no Robbie James that's for sure ,poor and lazy spring to mind ,loves a sideway and backward pass

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Grimes on 23:01 - Dec 11 with 1883 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Grimes on 22:09 - Dec 11 by Oldjack

He's no Robbie James that's for sure ,poor and lazy spring to mind ,loves a sideway and backward pass

I’d take Robbie James on 1 leg ahead of our midfield this season
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 23:01]

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Grimes on 00:59 - Dec 12 with 1751 viewsMagicDaps

It's not like he's established himself over several years.

Nobody rated him at all at the start of last season, and he was our best player overall last season. It was only the one season though, working under clearly a very good manager, it's not the biggest surprise that he's dropped off.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Grimes on 05:04 - Dec 12 with 1675 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Grimes on 00:59 - Dec 12 by MagicDaps

It's not like he's established himself over several years.

Nobody rated him at all at the start of last season, and he was our best player overall last season. It was only the one season though, working under clearly a very good manager, it's not the biggest surprise that he's dropped off.

And being made captain he’s clearly not going to be dropped.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024