Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January loans 16:32 - Dec 22 with 6988 viewsBadlands

Just some speculative ramblings

It seems less and less likely we'll make any purchases but are hoping for more of Coopers old (youth) players on loan.

Striker.
If Brewster turns up does it mean Surridge has been recalled? Bournemouth have been concerned about his lack of game time and although he's contributed a few goals I'm not convinced he suits what Cooper is trying.
I can't see Brewster and Surridge both being at the club.

CB
Marc Guehi linked for a loan - highly though of at Chelsea.
If true does that points to MVdH or Rodon leaving or Wilmot being recalled.

No mention of a DCB but maybe Cooper's persistence with Grimes and Byers will continue through the season with Fulton and Carroll making some appearances.

Personally I think we need another winger or mediocre midfelder.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

January loans on 16:35 - Dec 22 with 5226 views34dfgdf54

Brewster coming in means Borja is off I reckon.

To be honest I rate Wilmot highly but we have plenty of cover at centre half, if he went and we were then able to bring it that Curtis Jones fella from Liverpool I think it will be a good window. Liverpool fans I know seem to think he’s a top, top midfield player in the making.
January loans on 16:56 - Dec 22 with 5157 viewsOneill_77

Expecting:
- two junior loanees, Brewster and Jones esp would make a big impact to our CM
- Wilmot a remainer to season's end
- Asoro returnee - (but poss March)
All of which part of the longer term development plan
January loans on 17:23 - Dec 22 with 5092 viewsSwanjaxs

There's a young striker scoring regularly for Rockspurs this season but it's unlikely the purse strings will be loosened enough for a loan singing...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

January loans on 17:29 - Dec 22 with 5073 views34dfgdf54

January loans on 16:56 - Dec 22 by Oneill_77

Expecting:
- two junior loanees, Brewster and Jones esp would make a big impact to our CM
- Wilmot a remainer to season's end
- Asoro returnee - (but poss March)
All of which part of the longer term development plan

We can’t have another loanee unless one of our originals leave, I’m assuming you think Surridge is off?
January loans on 18:24 - Dec 22 with 4974 viewsBadlands

January loans on 17:29 - Dec 22 by 34dfgdf54

We can’t have another loanee unless one of our originals leave, I’m assuming you think Surridge is off?

(From an item the Nottingham Express)

How many loan players can a club sign?

According to the EFL's lengthy list of regulations - section 54.4 to be precise - there are no limits on the total number of loan players a club can sign.

How many loan players can play at once?

This is where the limits come in, as a maximum of five loan players can be included on the 18-man teamsheet for any one match. Should a team bring in an emergency goalkeeper this is reduced to four players.

How many loan players can you sign from one club?

In order to stop the system being abused, there are also limits regarding the number of players you can sign on loan from one club.

Only four players from a single side can be brought in, of which no more than two are allowed to be over the age of 23.

January loans on 18:32 - Dec 22 with 4944 views34dfgdf54

January loans on 18:24 - Dec 22 by Badlands

According to the EFL's lengthy list of regulations - section 54.4 to be precise - there are no limits on the total number of loan players a club can sign.

This is where the limits come in, as a maximum of five loan players can be included on the 18-man teamsheet for any one match. Should a team bring in an emergency goalkeeper this is reduced to four players.

In order to stop the system being abused, there are also limits regarding the number of players you can sign on loan from one club.

Only four players from a single side can be brought in, of which no more than two are allowed to be over the age of 23.

Fair enough, must have misread the WOL article the other day.
January loans on 18:36 - Dec 22 with 4927 viewslonglostjack

January loans on 18:24 - Dec 22 by Badlands

Appreciate the info but I’d get rid of the loan system altogether. Just benefits the teams higher up in the pecking order. Teams should also name 25 players at start of season and no transfer possibilities until following season. Time to re-balance the loaded dice.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

January loans on 18:59 - Dec 22 with 4875 viewsQJumpingJack

It will be interesting to see what names Andy Scott has come up with.
And will the American owners allow new signings/loans?
Login to get fewer ads

January loans on 20:06 - Dec 22 with 4760 viewsjasper_T

Won't mourn losing Surridge. There's a lot of competition over Brewster (if anything his stock shot up during his long injury layoffs) so it won't be cheap and assurances will be made over game time. Which hasn't always gone down well in the past.

Hope we can send a few of the u23s out if there's no sign of progress for them here. Jack Evans is ready to be playing football. Dhanda needs games as well, not sure being in limbo between squads is good for him or the club, really.
January loans on 20:15 - Dec 22 with 4709 viewsOneill_77

January loans on 20:06 - Dec 22 by jasper_T

Won't mourn losing Surridge. There's a lot of competition over Brewster (if anything his stock shot up during his long injury layoffs) so it won't be cheap and assurances will be made over game time. Which hasn't always gone down well in the past.

Hope we can send a few of the u23s out if there's no sign of progress for them here. Jack Evans is ready to be playing football. Dhanda needs games as well, not sure being in limbo between squads is good for him or the club, really.

Jack is a jewel, nurtured and protected.
Has many of the attributes we need in CM.
Do you think he's nearing competitive 1st team action ?
January loans on 20:27 - Dec 22 with 4648 viewsDr_Winston

Wouldn't rule out either Baston or Wilmot heading off/back. Baston going would certainly explain the links to Brewster.

I'm not sure that we need major surgery, but we desperately need steel and skill in the middle of the park. If we've got money in the budget for two loanees, then both of them need to be midfielders.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

January loans on 20:34 - Dec 22 with 4620 viewsjasper_T

January loans on 20:15 - Dec 22 by Oneill_77

Jack is a jewel, nurtured and protected.
Has many of the attributes we need in CM.
Do you think he's nearing competitive 1st team action ?

He should be, given how the other options have been playing this season. He's the type fans always claim we're lacking - defensive brain, gets his foot in, enough coolness and quality on the ball to keep things ticking over while the Byers-types express themselves.

Needed time after his long absence to get back up to speed but he's had that now with the u23s and Wales u21s.
January loans on 20:36 - Dec 22 with 4590 views34dfgdf54

January loans on 20:34 - Dec 22 by jasper_T

He should be, given how the other options have been playing this season. He's the type fans always claim we're lacking - defensive brain, gets his foot in, enough coolness and quality on the ball to keep things ticking over while the Byers-types express themselves.

Needed time after his long absence to get back up to speed but he's had that now with the u23s and Wales u21s.

Surprised he hasn’t had minutes.

Only seen limited amounts of him through the live streams of the u23 games but looks to have the attributes needed to improve us. Also glad to see Brandon Cooper in the squad yesterday. Good player.
January loans on 20:38 - Dec 22 with 4573 viewsFlashberryjack

January loans on 20:27 - Dec 22 by Dr_Winston

Wouldn't rule out either Baston or Wilmot heading off/back. Baston going would certainly explain the links to Brewster.

I'm not sure that we need major surgery, but we desperately need steel and skill in the middle of the park. If we've got money in the budget for two loanees, then both of them need to be midfielders.

Where might Baston be going ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

January loans on 20:44 - Dec 22 with 4538 viewsOneill_77

January loans on 20:34 - Dec 22 by jasper_T

He should be and could well be, right now.

Encouragingly when he and Tom played together they forged a clever relationship, with Jack sitting deep and Tom connecting further up-field. Well balanced, neat steely and effective.
January loans on 20:44 - Dec 22 with 4539 viewsDr_Winston

January loans on 20:38 - Dec 22 by Flashberryjack

Nothing solid. Just pondering that given his recent lack of game time another loan until the end of his contract might be in the club's thinking, especially given the links to another striker of a very different style.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

January loans on 20:49 - Dec 22 with 4499 viewsSwanjaxs

January loans on 20:38 - Dec 22 by Flashberryjack

Absolutely nowhere is the correct answer

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

January loans on 21:06 - Dec 22 with 4409 viewsFlashberryjack

January loans on 20:44 - Dec 22 by Dr_Winston

Nothing solid. Just pondering that given his recent lack of game time another loan until the end of his contract might be in the club's thinking, especially given the links to another striker of a very different style.

Don't know what money he's on, but other than agreeing to pay half or all his wages in a loan deal, I can't see any half tidy club wanting him.

Makes you wonder how the f*ck we spunked all that money on him....his agent must have done well out of the deal, probably others as well.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

January loans on 22:01 - Dec 22 with 4181 viewsBadlands

January loans on 21:06 - Dec 22 by Flashberryjack

Don't know what money he's on, but other than agreeing to pay half or all his wages in a loan deal, I can't see any half tidy club wanting him.

Makes you wonder how the f*ck we spunked all that money on him....his agent must have done well out of the deal, probably others as well.

A few weeks ago there were noises about a move to Malaga but we'd be paying a chunk of his wages.
Probably just terrace musings.
But if he isn't going to get picked off picked but not supported it would make sense to off-load and pay part of his wage if the saving covered the loan agreement of a goal scorer who plays.

The only downside is the cost of he loans which could be expensive. Sanches cost €8million PLUS his wages. Abraham reported to be around the same.
Loan doesn't mean free.

January loans on 22:12 - Dec 22 with 4114 viewsmonmouth

January loans on 20:44 - Dec 22 by Oneill_77

He should be and could well be, right now.

Encouragingly when he and Tom played together they forged a clever relationship, with Jack sitting deep and Tom connecting further up-field. Well balanced, neat steely and effective.

Tell Cooper, boys mun, or get Sgorio to drop Leon a line.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

January loans on 22:55 - Dec 22 with 3931 viewsCatullus

What if Baston, Surridge AND Ayew all leave? Then MVdH? Cooper could have a worrying time.
So many rumours are flying around and I wouldn't miss Baston or Surridge too much but the other 2 will be hard to replace with the quality and experience we need.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

January loans on 00:41 - Dec 23 with 3722 viewsNotLoyal

We could easily return surrudge and not miss him, same for Baston if sold. The other two VDH and Ayew would be the end of this seasons hopes of getting anywhere.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

January loans on 00:49 - Dec 23 with 3708 viewsdobjack2

January loans on 21:06 - Dec 22 by Flashberryjack

On paper his stats were excellent- 50 in his previous 108 games for deportivo and Zaragoza in the second division and Eibar in the premier. A proven goalscorer. However had we scouted him properly? British football is littered with big money striker signings that scored for fun in other leagues but couldn’t hit the proverbial with a banjo over here.

I.e. did a football person reckon he could handle the physical element of British football from his play? Could he play with his back to goal and hold the ball up or did he need to be facing the opposition goal i.e. onto through balls or coming onto crosses or cut backs? Was he used as a lone striker or one of a front 2? Did he fit into the pattern of play our manager wanted to play ? Did our manager have any input into the signing? What was he like as a person? Was he outgoing or likely not to mix? What about family? So many things.

I don’t know the answers but by the time we signed him our recruitment arm was pathetic. Highlights clips, a FIFa rating and panic were probably the major factors in the decision. With panic leading to the size of the transfer fee and wages.
January loans on 04:04 - Dec 23 with 3546 viewsTimTtam

No-one will buy Borja. If he leaves it will be on loan, while we pay a huge chunk of his wages (pointless).

Surridge will be off. Bournemouth are struggling and could be in a relegation battle, so they need reinforcements.

Watford need to decide if they think they are a chance to escape relegation. After watching a few of their recent games, I think they can survive with a bit of luck. If they think they're relegation certainties, they should keep Wilmot with us in preparation for their Championship campaign.

There are articles everywhere saying we are in the box seat for Brewster. Liverpool want regular game time, and PL clubs + Leeds can't offer that. The links Cooper has with him make it ominous.

Birch and Cooper said at the fans forum that Cullen is a good chance to be sent out on loan. He's a good prospect, and I hope he gets game time at a L2 team. Jack Evans should be sent out on loan as well if he's not going to get any game time in the first team. We should prepare for next season, where many of our U23s players will be in contention for the first team.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2019 4:06]

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

January loans on 04:12 - Dec 23 with 3543 viewsangryjack

January loans on 00:41 - Dec 23 by NotLoyal

We could easily return surrudge and not miss him, same for Baston if sold. The other two VDH and Ayew would be the end of this seasons hopes of getting anywhere.

Disagree think sturridge is quality makes lovely intelligent runs just got mediocre playing behind him not feeding him the ball his movement is quality
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024