Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tohack 10:56 - Mar 18 with 5529 viewsBadlands

Doing better than I expected ... ad giving Swans some praise.

The local Cyprus paper certainly concurs. When Toshack took over in December, Pafos were described as a team with 'no start, no middle and no end'. Now, after a run of five wins and 15 goals in seven games, they are 'the apotheosis of creation'. Or in blunter terms, playing attractive, attacking football.

'It's based on the old Swansea core principle of possession football,' explains Toshack,

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8123739/Cameron-Toshack-left-

Would you have him back?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Tohack on 12:31 - Mar 18 with 3296 viewsairedale

Could still do a job.
Tohack on 13:40 - Mar 18 with 3239 viewsCatullus

Yes, I would have been happy for him to get the job before Cooper. Him and Waggy are a good team and it would have been continuity. Oh well.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Tohack on 14:13 - Mar 18 with 3214 viewsTimTtam

To answer your 'would you have him back' question - absolutely. He's been around the club for years and has slowly learned his trade. It could be viewed that he's going out on loan to manage in a smaller league, and will come back with years of senior managerial experience.

He'll likely manage Pafos into next season, but when Cooper is eventually given the sack, or perhaps once the manager after Cooper is sacked, he would be a great option to bring back.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Tohack on 17:38 - Mar 18 with 3057 viewsKilkennyjack

I am not convinced that another Academy coach is what we need next.

It might suit the club though to appoint known people who wont rock the club boat too much...?

I would wish him well if he gets his chance.
Hopefully he will be as good as his dad.

I might prefer Coleman or Hartson ..... 🏃‍♂️

Beware of the Risen People

Tohack on 18:50 - Mar 18 with 2999 viewsWhiterockin

Tohack on 17:38 - Mar 18 by Kilkennyjack

It might suit the club though to appoint known people who wont rock the club boat too much...?

So you wouldn't go with a highly qualified tried and trusted coach who knows the Swansea set up inside out and has proven results, but would appoint Hartson.
Tohack on 18:58 - Mar 18 with 2989 viewsJacket

Perhaps dismissing him out of hand as Potter's replacement was a mistake.
Tohack on 20:14 - Mar 18 with 2940 viewsKilkennyjack

Tohack on 18:50 - Mar 18 by Whiterockin

So you wouldn't go with a highly qualified tried and trusted coach who knows the Swansea set up inside out and has proven results, but would appoint Hartson.

So you wouldn’t go with a highly decorated premier league and international footballer who actually supports our club. Has played for Arsenal, West Ham, Coventry, Baggies, Celtic, and Wimbledon - with 51 welsh caps. But you would appoint an Academy coach who has never played at top level ?

To be clear, i would wish Toshack well.

Tohack on 20:23 - Mar 18 with 2932 viewssP7qupUf

Tohack on 20:14 - Mar 18 by Kilkennyjack

So you wouldn’t go with a highly decorated premier league and international footballer who actually supports our club. Has played for Arsenal, West Ham, Coventry, Baggies, Celtic, and Wimbledon - with 51 welsh caps. But you would appoint an Academy coach who has never played at top level ?

Gary Neville, Bobby Charlton, Nobby Stiles and many more..... fantastic playing careers but awful managers.
Login to get fewer ads

Tohack on 20:38 - Mar 18 with 2914 viewsWhiterockin

No and yes.
Tohack on 20:40 - Mar 18 with 2912 viewsNeath_Jack

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Tohack on 21:16 - Mar 18 with 2874 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Well that’s what we got anyways

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Tohack on 21:24 - Mar 18 with 2868 viewsKilkennyjack

Tohack on 20:40 - Mar 18 by Neath_Jack

Come on then big boy ... you tell us how you are so certain that an untried Academy manager who never played at top level ... and our own club did not feel able to appoint twice - is sooooo much better than (a) wales’s most successful manager ever and Swansea boy, and (b) a 51 cap premier league standard player who is also a Swansea boy.

Be great if you could enlighten us with your superior football knowledge.

Tohack on 21:35 - Mar 18 with 2851 viewsNeath_Jack

Tohack on 21:24 - Mar 18 by Kilkennyjack

Come on then big boy ... you tell us how you are so certain that an untried Academy manager who never played at top level ... and our own club did not feel able to appoint twice - is sooooo much better than (a) wales’s most successful manager ever and Swansea boy, and (b) a 51 cap premier league standard player who is also a Swansea boy.

Pull your frilly knickers up you twp.

You've just assumed that i think all that, you complete and utter f*ckwit.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Tohack on 21:39 - Mar 18 with 2837 viewslonglostjack

Tohack on 21:24 - Mar 18 by Kilkennyjack

Toshack will be back one day. Mark my words Kilk.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Tohack on 21:39 - Mar 18 with 2835 viewsDarran

Tohack on 21:35 - Mar 18 by Neath_Jack

You’re very angry lately.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Tohack on 21:39 - Mar 18 with 2835 viewsladyjack

I would not have somebody back from managing a little Cypriot team straight to managing Swansea City no way.
Tohack on 21:39 - Mar 18 with 2835 viewsKilkennyjack

Tohack on 21:35 - Mar 18 by Neath_Jack

Yes - facts innit.

Anyway thanks for the support.

Nobody can be sure - and i would wish Toshack well if he had the chance.
My point is really that there are options.

I just wish it was his dad in his younger days.

Tohack on 21:55 - Mar 18 with 2815 viewsjasper_T

Tohack on 21:39 - Mar 18 by ladyjack

I would not have somebody back from managing a little Cypriot team straight to managing Swansea City no way.

If Toshack had been Liverpool's u23s manager with the same exact track record for players developed and trophies won you'd all have been creaming yourselves over him. He's had to go abroad because senior job offers are hard to come by when you've only got little old Swansea on the CV - even at Swansea.

I wasn't always the biggest fan of his tactics but he and Gary got it right more often than wrong. That trend looks to be continuing.
Tohack on 23:08 - Mar 18 with 2757 viewsladyjack

Tohack on 21:55 - Mar 18 by jasper_T

If Toshack had been Liverpool's u23s manager with the same exact track record for players developed and trophies won you'd all have been creaming yourselves over him. He's had to go abroad because senior job offers are hard to come by when you've only got little old Swansea on the CV - even at Swansea.

I wasn't always the biggest fan of his tactics but he and Gary got it right more often than wrong. That trend looks to be continuing.

Could Pafos beat a mid table Welsh league team ?, their top teams have improved over the years but rest of their top league might well be a similar standard to their equivalent Welsh league teams.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 23:09]
Tohack on 23:45 - Mar 18 with 2731 viewsNotLoyal

Hartson has clearly no idea on management of people and players, he has no track record, he holds little or no merit as a coach if he has ever been one at all.

I would rather have Cooper all day long.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Tohack on 00:05 - Mar 19 with 2716 viewsjasper_T

Tohack on 23:08 - Mar 18 by ladyjack

Could Pafos beat a mid table Welsh league team ?, their top teams have improved over the years but rest of their top league might well be a similar standard to their equivalent Welsh league teams.

Have you looked at the players they've got? Jason Puncheon, Adam Nemec, Danny Williams... They'd murder Welsh Prem sides.
Tohack on 00:15 - Mar 19 with 2711 viewsTimTtam

Tohack on 23:08 - Mar 18 by ladyjack

Managing isn't about the squad you have. Heck, I could manage Man City and they would still finish in the top 4. It's about how you can best utilise the players you have and implement a successful game style. Pafos weren't doing too well, Toshack turned up and they lost a few more, but now they've turned it around in a big way. The ability to stop a winless run and instead go on an unbeaten run is underrated.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Tohack on 07:16 - Mar 19 with 2647 viewsglanmORJa_k

Good to see Toshack and Richards doing well at Pafos but what a disappointment to see that there was no mention of Waggy in the newspaper article. But having said that, for those that can remember, it was no different to so many about Tosh senior when he was our manager. Me, me, me.
Those that actually watch live U23 matches at Landore know and value the input Waggy had in the nurturing and success of the U23's while the lack of reference to Waggy's contribution from Toshack in the article was poor to the extreme and smacked of the same arrogance portrayed so often by his father.
Tohack on 07:35 - Mar 19 with 2631 viewsKilkennyjack

Tohack on 07:16 - Mar 19 by glanmORJa_k

Good to see Toshack and Richards doing well at Pafos but what a disappointment to see that there was no mention of Waggy in the newspaper article. But having said that, for those that can remember, it was no different to so many about Tosh senior when he was our manager. Me, me, me.
Those that actually watch live U23 matches at Landore know and value the input Waggy had in the nurturing and success of the U23's while the lack of reference to Waggy's contribution from Toshack in the article was poor to the extreme and smacked of the same arrogance portrayed so often by his father.

Well ..... the flip is that when they had a 6 game winless run then Toshack took all the flack and responsibility. Nobody mentioned Richards then.

I guess they feel comfortable as a pair ?

Hi Waggy 👋🏿 .....😂.... and don't forget the sun block mate .... 🇨🇾 ☀️

Tohack on 09:25 - Mar 19 with 2575 viewsladyjack

Tohack on 00:05 - Mar 19 by jasper_T

Have you looked at the players they've got? Jason Puncheon, Adam Nemec, Danny Williams... They'd murder Welsh Prem sides.

Rubbish those three are all well into their 30's.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024