Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The end of Welsh pubs 13:37 - Dec 19 with 5821 viewspencoedjack

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-67748243
The end of Welsh pubs on 12:01 - Dec 24 with 1016 viewscontroversial_jack

The end of Welsh pubs on 11:58 - Dec 24 by SullutaCreturned

And on those Westminster threads how many of us say, ah, but the Senedd is worse? because we stick to topic.

Mow pubs, nt just Welsh pubs, they are dying out. Strangely though the alcohol problem is still there as people just stock up at the supermarket. Smoking was hit hard, no smoking indoors, no adverts, price rise after price rise but besides the price rises they haven't discouraged alcohol whch causes more problems than smoking.

Prohibition has never worked
The end of Welsh pubs on 12:07 - Dec 24 with 1008 viewsSullutaCreturned

The end of Welsh pubs on 12:01 - Dec 24 by controversial_jack

Prohibition has never worked

Who said anything about prohibition? They haven't prohibted smoking but they have discouraged it which is the word I used about alcohol!
The end of Welsh pubs on 12:32 - Dec 24 with 984 viewscontroversial_jack

The end of Welsh pubs on 12:07 - Dec 24 by SullutaCreturned

Who said anything about prohibition? They haven't prohibted smoking but they have discouraged it which is the word I used about alcohol!

Can't really discourage alcohol , it's part of our culture and raised millions in taxes and profits. Most ppl drink responsibly. The war on drugs, how has that worked out?
The end of Welsh pubs on 14:29 - Dec 24 with 937 viewsonehunglow

Many pubs were built in towns to quench the thirst of workers .
It also saw many relieved of much of their wages
It led to whole scale wife and kids abuse
Now,they are disappearing .
Good.
We have built a drinking culture and it needs to be culled.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The end of Welsh pubs on 17:04 - Dec 24 with 904 viewscontroversial_jack

The end of Welsh pubs on 14:29 - Dec 24 by onehunglow

Good.

You want the minority to dictate to the majority?
The end of Welsh pubs on 18:41 - Dec 24 with 888 viewsKilkennyjack

The end of Welsh pubs on 14:29 - Dec 24 by onehunglow

Good.

There is certainly some truth in this post OHL.

I am not sure i would say ‘good’ but it does need to be recognised and addressed.
Some people get in problems in drink that otherwise would not occur.

Beware of the Risen People

The end of Welsh pubs on 19:00 - Dec 24 with 886 viewsTogg

The end of Welsh pubs on 18:41 - Dec 24 by Kilkennyjack

I am not sure i would say ‘good’ but it does need to be recognised and addressed.

Now I like a nice beer and glass of red but I also try to Keep reasonably fit. Far from super fit but I have plenty of exercise . Also goodish diet. Every day we wake up we are in charge of our own health and safety. Nobody knows if life will throw you a curved ball but you try to be positive. There are guys who absolutely more or less live in the boozer. Many are skilled workers, however many so called professionals are hard drinkers. The law profession being one of the worst of them.
Anyway some fun pics from Wind Street yesterday.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12896995/They-said-Supper-good-clearly-
The end of Welsh pubs on 19:13 - Dec 24 with 881 viewsTogg

Now I like a nice beer and glass of red but I also try to Keep reasonably fit. Far from super fit but I have plenty of exercise . Also goodish diet. Every day we wake up we are in charge of our own health and safety. Nobody knows if life will throw you a curved ball but you try to be positive. There are guys who absolutely more or less live in the boozer. Many are skilled workers, however many so called professionals are hard drinkers. The law profession being one of the worst of them.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12896995/They-said-Supper-good-clearly-
Login to get fewer ads

The end of Welsh pubs on 19:36 - Dec 24 with 865 viewsangryjack

Just encourages drinking In the house,which is worse
The end of Welsh pubs on 20:05 - Dec 24 with 851 viewsKilkennyjack

The end of Welsh pubs on 19:36 - Dec 24 by angryjack

Just encourages drinking In the house,which is worse

Its all part of the picture, yes.

Drink responsibly and enjoy it.
But make sure you control the drink, rather than the other way around.

Beware of the Risen People

The end of Welsh pubs on 20:40 - Dec 24 with 845 viewsonehunglow

The end of Welsh pubs on 20:05 - Dec 24 by Kilkennyjack

Its all part of the picture, yes.

Drink responsibly and enjoy it.
But make sure you control the drink, rather than the other way around.

Yep.
Drink is a crutch,a distraction from pain,frustration ,loss and yearning .
What angered me was seeing the Alcohol and tobacco industry kill millions.
Successive Conservative governments refused to increase significantly excise duties purely to con the “ plebs” into believing they were doing them a favour. Their putrid line of giving the working man a bit of pleasure . Pleasure by lung cancer and any number of drink related illnesses.
Throw in whole scale wife abuse and there you have it.

Tax increases don’t help I read.
Warlocks.

Fags should be double what they are . Pint of beer £10 ( not 5) and whisky £ 50 a bottle . Scotch whisky industry wiped out? Tough. Coal,iron,steel,shipbuilding,cotton,wool weaving all wiped out so why not them?
Answer, it’s governments way of keeping its populace sweet .

The end of Welsh pubs on 20:57 - Dec 24 with 844 viewsDr_Winston

Got to love a puritanical rant from Perchy. God forbid anyone indulge in something that gives them a little pleasure. I note he says nothing of hiking the price of red wine. Just the stuff that the little people enjoy.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The end of Welsh pubs on 21:01 - Dec 24 with 841 viewsonehunglow

The end of Welsh pubs on 20:57 - Dec 24 by Dr_Winston

Got to love a puritanical rant from Perchy. God forbid anyone indulge in something that gives them a little pleasure. I note he says nothing of hiking the price of red wine. Just the stuff that the little people enjoy.

Jobs mun
I know your mum was in the trade so you will have a different perspective but try to see an alternative view.
It’s like you referring to fans ,who don’t believe as you do, as simpletons.
We don’t need this and you’re better than this .
I stand by every word .
If you want to discuss ,engage with some respect then be my guest but save me the perchy shyte because there is no need anymore . The Wirral winker is still mentioned regularly on your site so it proves it’s possible to live rent free in the minds of the terminally bitter .
And in wishing you the compliments of the season too,give me some credit for not mentioning Kyle Naughton ,de Guzman or the seagull killer .
[Post edited 24 Dec 2023 21:03]

The end of Welsh pubs on 00:19 - Dec 25 with 810 viewsRobbie

Play Devils Advocate here , how can Class A drug drug like charlie be so easy to get .
Some punters in boozers and alas my local Leisure Centre gym appear hyper active .

Pointing the finger at somebody having a quiet pint and a chat , maybe their lifeline .
The end of Welsh pubs on 10:22 - Dec 25 with 771 viewsonehunglow

The end of Welsh pubs on 00:19 - Dec 25 by Robbie

Play Devils Advocate here , how can Class A drug drug like charlie be so easy to get .
Some punters in boozers and alas my local Leisure Centre gym appear hyper active .

Pointing the finger at somebody having a quiet pint and a chat , maybe their lifeline .

Lucifer gets everywhere

The end of Welsh pubs on 11:59 - Dec 25 with 732 viewsSullutaCreturned

The end of Welsh pubs on 00:19 - Dec 25 by Robbie

I used to spend far too much time in pubs, I drank far too much for far too long. These days I hardly go in a pub, pretty much its our home games and a few times a year when old friends get together so it doesn't even amount to once a week and even then I rarely have more than 2/3 beers.

That is all I need and I enjoy it far more now than when I was a dipso. My lifeline is a small group of friends who get together every 2-3 weeks for a game of poker and a chat.
The end of Welsh pubs on 09:59 - Dec 26 with 682 viewsonehunglow

The end of Welsh pubs on 20:57 - Dec 24 by Dr_Winston

Note this then Champ.id make even a basic bottle of plonk a tenner .
You prove my point perfectly in that a debate or discussion on this subject becomes unpleasant or personal,.
“ a little pleasure”.
For too many, “ pleasure or joy cannot be found without a good drink.
It is genuinely staggering we feel like this .

[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 10:00]

The end of Welsh pubs on 11:13 - Dec 26 with 651 viewscontroversial_jack

The end of Welsh pubs on 09:59 - Dec 26 by onehunglow

Note this then Champ.id make even a basic bottle of plonk a tenner .
You prove my point perfectly in that a debate or discussion on this subject becomes unpleasant or personal,.
“ a little pleasure”.
For too many, “ pleasure or joy cannot be found without a good drink.
It is genuinely staggering we feel like this .

[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 10:00]

Millions of ppl worldwide enjoy a drink without any problems whatssoever
The end of Welsh pubs on 12:44 - Dec 26 with 631 viewsTogg

The end of Welsh pubs on 11:13 - Dec 26 by controversial_jack

Millions of ppl worldwide enjoy a drink without any problems whatssoever

Agree most of us drink, enjoy and don't generally cause problems. It's interesting though that countries like France Italy and Spain where alcohol is generally a lot cheaper have a I believe a more responsible attitude to drinking.
The end of Welsh pubs on 12:52 - Dec 26 with 622 viewsonehunglow

The end of Welsh pubs on 12:44 - Dec 26 by Togg

Agree most of us drink, enjoy and don't generally cause problems. It's interesting though that countries like France Italy and Spain where alcohol is generally a lot cheaper have a I believe a more responsible attitude to drinking.

It’s a matter of culture Toggy.
Being drink is not really culturally as acceptable in Spain as here. In Italy ,Greece,,it is social suicide. Anyone ever remember any any Italian or Greek girl,knickers askew,helpless in the gutter unknowing where she lives even.
And this is played out every weekend in the UK.
It makes us look a nation of shite .

We revel in getting rataesed and then wonder why so much violence ensues .
But hey ho,as long as we have “ a little fun”

Men still pride themselves on how much they can put away and girls now following suit

Yeah, I stand by every word even if I am the only poster to see matters this way .

The end of Welsh pubs on 13:29 - Dec 26 with 610 viewslifelong

The days of drink only pubs have been numbered for quite a few years, the only ones that seem to be flourishing are those serving food and good food at that.
The end of Welsh pubs on 13:33 - Dec 26 with 605 viewsonehunglow

The end of Welsh pubs on 13:29 - Dec 26 by lifelong

The days of drink only pubs have been numbered for quite a few years, the only ones that seem to be flourishing are those serving food and good food at that.

Food in pubs basically the same as restaurants .
Some bemoan the non food days of ours,save fir crisps,Kip nuts and pork scratchings.

The end of Welsh pubs on 20:56 - Dec 26 with 563 viewsBoundy

It'll be sad day if and when the last pub closes, what's left for the average person who wants to relax and un wind ,conversing with sometimes strangers ,what will be left libraries if you're lucky.If you inclined to excess what ever it maybe then you' don't need a pub to practice .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The end of Welsh pubs on 17:54 - Dec 27 with 484 viewsAnotherJohn

The end of Welsh pubs on 19:13 - Dec 24 by Togg

I'm not sure whether the attention given to Wind Street is a good thing or bad thing, but Swansea featured in quite a few national newspapers, along with photos from Newcastle, Birmingham and London. Part of me is pleased that we are on the map, but I suppose that can be attributed to my inner "lager lout" self from days gone by. The city's prominence is probably down to the photographic skills of Dimitris Legakis/ Athena Pictures, who is apparently one of Swansea City's accredited photographers. Particular praise has been heaped on the artistic composition of his image of a drunk being held down by 3 police officers, while a reveller takes a selfie in the foreground, and a blond with tongue out giving a V-sign, and a bystander holding a police helmet, are in the background. Authentic Wind Street! Great work, Dimitris!
The end of Welsh pubs on 20:05 - Dec 27 with 451 viewsbuilthjack

The local real ale pub has put its prices up from £3.60 to £3.80 a pint.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024