Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do Middlesbrough need another striker? 13:15 - Oct 18 with 586 viewsPhilSpenc23

Ashley Fletcher's injury has posed a real problem for Neil Warnock.

Chuba Akpom and Britt Assombalonga are Middlesbrough's only fit forwards at present - something that poses a real risk with such an intense run of fixtures on the horizon.

So does Neil Warnock need to add another option into the mix? Have your say below!
Do Middlesbrough need another striker? on 15:51 - Oct 20 with 569 viewsjdjemm

In general, I would say absolutely yes, both from a squad depth and tactical perspective. However, now that our only option is to add free agents, having looked over a list of the players that are available, it seems like it's really slim pickings. Anyone who is available either seems to be injury prone (e.g. Watmore) or reaching the end of their career (e.g. Sakho, Diomande) or both. Having already seen the fitness issues when trying to sign Sanogo, you'd have to wonder how many potential free agents would have the same problem. Of players who know the championship, Gestede is genuinely one of the better options and I don't think anyone from the club would be keen to have him back, including Warnock after his lack of willingness to play into his extended contract. So I think the best option is to wait until January and see if a better option presents itself rather than to hand a contract to a potentially injury-prone unfit stop gap player. If Warnock believes there is someone good enough and signs them then I'll be happy but I cant see who it would be.
Do Middlesbrough need another striker? on 16:00 - Oct 20 with 567 viewsPhilSpenc23

Do Middlesbrough need another striker? on 15:51 - Oct 20 by jdjemm

In general, I would say absolutely yes, both from a squad depth and tactical perspective. However, now that our only option is to add free agents, having looked over a list of the players that are available, it seems like it's really slim pickings. Anyone who is available either seems to be injury prone (e.g. Watmore) or reaching the end of their career (e.g. Sakho, Diomande) or both. Having already seen the fitness issues when trying to sign Sanogo, you'd have to wonder how many potential free agents would have the same problem. Of players who know the championship, Gestede is genuinely one of the better options and I don't think anyone from the club would be keen to have him back, including Warnock after his lack of willingness to play into his extended contract. So I think the best option is to wait until January and see if a better option presents itself rather than to hand a contract to a potentially injury-prone unfit stop gap player. If Warnock believes there is someone good enough and signs them then I'll be happy but I cant see who it would be.

Can you imagine if Rudy Gestede came back?! I do agree with your point. With such limited options it would be a waste of money to bring someone in for the sake of it - unless it was financially worthwhile. Perhaps a pay-as-you-play deal for someone like Duncan Watmore could be the way forward!
Do Middlesbrough need another striker? on 16:03 - Mar 2 with 490 viewsBoroBlogger

I think that they still need a striker 😅😅
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024