Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oldham 23:16 - Jul 31 with 3795 viewsmacro

sack their manager, the 7th to go since 2018!
Oldham on 23:26 - Jul 31 with 3760 viewsTVOS1907

And seem set to replace him with Harry Kewell.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Oldham on 23:31 - Jul 31 with 3757 viewsLAClues

Oldham on 23:26 - Jul 31 by TVOS1907

And seem set to replace him with Harry Kewell.

Good trade.
Oldham on 00:58 - Aug 1 with 3688 viewsboromat

And their 24th manager since 2004 apparently.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Oldham on 18:39 - Aug 2 with 3124 viewsD_Dale

And Kewell has already made two signings:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers

Maybe BBM will be jumping into the market this coming week, but best not hold our collective breath.
Oldham on 18:50 - Aug 2 with 3103 viewsboromat

Oldham on 18:39 - Aug 2 by D_Dale

Maybe BBM will be jumping into the market this coming week, but best not hold our collective breath.

I doubt they're Kewell's signings.

Oldham on 18:55 - Aug 2 with 3079 viewsAtThePeake

Oldham on 18:50 - Aug 2 by boromat

Both decent signings at L2 level, on paper at least.

Tangled up in blue.

Oldham on 18:57 - Aug 2 with 3072 viewsBigKindo

Oldham on 18:39 - Aug 2 by D_Dale

They will have to order extra 'I's' for the replica shirts.
Oldham on 19:36 - Aug 2 with 3011 viewsD_Dale

Oldham on 18:50 - Aug 2 by boromat

The BBC site does say:

"Defenders Sido Jombati and Carl Piergianni have joined Oldham Athletic, becoming Harry Kewell's first signings since taking charge. ... News of the two arrivals come the day after former Liverpool and Leeds United winger Kewell was confirmed as Oldham head coach following Dino Maamria's departure."

Still, behind the scenes of most football clubs there's a tangled web or two (even at Spotland - and my hope is that BBM in the last few weeks has been more involved in football schemes than in attending his garden).
Login to get fewer ads

Oldham on 20:30 - Aug 2 with 2949 viewsChaffRAFC

Oldham on 19:36 - Aug 2 by D_Dale

The BBC site does say:

"Defenders Sido Jombati and Carl Piergianni have joined Oldham Athletic, becoming Harry Kewell's first signings since taking charge. ... News of the two arrivals come the day after former Liverpool and Leeds United winger Kewell was confirmed as Oldham head coach following Dino Maamria's departure."

Still, behind the scenes of most football clubs there's a tangled web or two (even at Spotland - and my hope is that BBM in the last few weeks has been more involved in football schemes than in attending his garden).

Guy appears more in OK magazine than our club these days, and is his girlfriend not due to give birth very soon as well?

Two weeks ago I would have said it's not quite time to panic. If we don't start making tracks soon, with the rebuilding job we have on our hands to even stand a chance, I'm going to be worried.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Oldham on 20:38 - Aug 2 with 2933 viewsonedalefan

The BBC site does say:

Would have thought that the one person who wouldn't have been furloughed was the manager. IF BBM has been furloughed, he would not be allowed to do anything that impacted the finances of the club ie. sorting out new signings.
Oldham on 20:57 - Aug 2 with 2900 viewsboromat

The BBC site does say:

The owner is a football agent and seems to enjoy playing football manager. Is what I was getting at.

Oldham on 13:11 - Aug 3 with 2682 viewsupthedale

Oldham on 20:38 - Aug 2 by onedalefan

Would have thought that the one person who wouldn't have been furloughed was the manager. IF BBM has been furloughed, he would not be allowed to do anything that impacted the finances of the club ie. sorting out new signings.

He could still be furloughed and part-time now, perhaps? It would be very hard to govern what hours a football manager was actually working - any time scouting players could be classed as work or leisure.
Oldham on 13:21 - Aug 3 with 2659 viewsmingthemerciless

I wonder if he'll last longer than David Dunn ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024