Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your Oyston Conspiracy Theories 09:54 - Apr 4 with 2406 views1953Original

This is the question I get asked by other fans more than any other. What is Oyston's objective now? What is in it for them? Let's face it the Premier league season was a freak and should never have happened but before then they must have had a plan for the club and where it would go. Were they just happy having a Championship club, using the land to help bring in money, the kudos of being football club owners and providing jobs for most of the family.

I just don't get what they're doing with it or where they will take it. Are they waiting for Owen to kick the bucket and then they'll flog it to the highest bidder, if so why hasn't Owen intervened at any point in the last two seasons to sort this mess out, are they just poor businessmen or is this part of a long term strategy?

I have never been able to supply an answer to the question. My theory? They use it as a play thing, got lucky with the Prem season and now things are going wrong haven't a clue how to put it right. Be interested to hear what others think.

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

Your Oyston Conspiracy Theories on 11:02 - Apr 4 with 2396 viewsbig_bloomers

TBH 53 I think it's giving them too much credit to think they ever had a plan for growth, for the Premier League or now for an exit strategy! They are just a bunch of clueless opportunists who had a bit of luck financially in the 80's and wanted to improve their standing, bought a football club which turned out to be the goose that lay the golden egg to help prop up their flailing companies (thus the loans) and are now back to square one. They'll never be 'football people' and just don't understand that a football club is like no other business. No conspiracy theories - just a bunch of clueless t***s!

Poll: Protesting or Not Protesting - Official Poll

Your Oyston Conspiracy Theories on 12:08 - Apr 4 with 2390 viewsPoolman

Your Oyston Conspiracy Theories on 11:02 - Apr 4 by big_bloomers

TBH 53 I think it's giving them too much credit to think they ever had a plan for growth, for the Premier League or now for an exit strategy! They are just a bunch of clueless opportunists who had a bit of luck financially in the 80's and wanted to improve their standing, bought a football club which turned out to be the goose that lay the golden egg to help prop up their flailing companies (thus the loans) and are now back to square one. They'll never be 'football people' and just don't understand that a football club is like no other business. No conspiracy theories - just a bunch of clueless t***s!

It's an interesting thread and nice to see it being discussed in an adult way. I think the O's are small time/town businessmen who got the Premier League season horribly wrong in so many ways. At that point we should have introduced a proper structure in to the club from top to bottom. It was a chance to really shape the club for the next decade and would have given us the personnel and infrastructure to have avoided the debacle of last season and this.

Is there a conspiracy theory? Doubt it. I think they are your classic lottery winners who blow their fortune rather than invest it wisely. Not for any financial reasons but the fact they are clueless as businessmen this is why the club has no future with the O's in charge until they relinquish control and had it to someone who knows how to run a football club - Karl hasn't the faintest idea.

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

Your Oyston Conspiracy Theories on 12:16 - Apr 4 with 2388 viewsTwoPhillips

Your Oyston Conspiracy Theories on 12:08 - Apr 4 by Poolman

It's an interesting thread and nice to see it being discussed in an adult way. I think the O's are small time/town businessmen who got the Premier League season horribly wrong in so many ways. At that point we should have introduced a proper structure in to the club from top to bottom. It was a chance to really shape the club for the next decade and would have given us the personnel and infrastructure to have avoided the debacle of last season and this.

Is there a conspiracy theory? Doubt it. I think they are your classic lottery winners who blow their fortune rather than invest it wisely. Not for any financial reasons but the fact they are clueless as businessmen this is why the club has no future with the O's in charge until they relinquish control and had it to someone who knows how to run a football club - Karl hasn't the faintest idea.

Most conspiracy theories are unfounded and turn out to be nothing but hear'say or speculation. The only way to get rid of conspiracy theories is to be transparent and honest and I don't think fans will ever trust the Oyston's again. There has been a lot of nonsense written about clubs wanting to be relegated or not wanting to be promoted which is just ridiculous. The O's - especially Karl - got it all horribly wrong as soon as Appleton went. It was their first test of leadership since Hendry and they just didn't know what to do. Ince was wrong, Ferguson was wrong, Riga was wrong, for me Clark is wrong.

They have made bad decision after bad decision and that is where it has all gone wrong. No need to look for a conspiracy theory - judge them on utter incompetence, total disregard for their customers and an arrogance which they will pay for for years to come. The Oyston name won't ever be trusted in Blackpool again and quite rightly so.

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

Your Oyston Conspiracy Theories on 14:08 - Apr 4 with 2373 viewsseasider13

These Chancers got lucky, how they ever convinced Belekon to get on board with them heaven knows,

Lady luck is a fickle thing, and now that it has run out and the Oystons have to make some huge decisions they have been found wanting.

Fans are in revolt, Belekon has made it very clear what he thinks, point a light at almost any department in the BFC empire and its a shambles.

Under the current conditions another relegation season would not surprise me,we need to clean house and start all over.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Your Oyston Conspiracy Theories on 17:24 - Apr 4 with 2364 viewscatinstalbans

They got lucky.
Since then the plan has been to take the money and run.
Downgrade every part of the football side.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Your Oyston Conspiracy Theories on 13:58 - Apr 5 with 2320 viewsWronga

Your Oyston Conspiracy Theories on 17:24 - Apr 4 by catinstalbans

They got lucky.
Since then the plan has been to take the money and run.
Downgrade every part of the football side.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Personally I agree with most on here. They got lucky, didn't have a clue what to do when we reach the Promised Land and have been on a downward spiral ever since. Wish Owen would realise that most of this could have been avoided had he have placed a decent Chairman/Chief Executive in place.

Poll: Graham Westley or Neil McDonald

Your Oyston Conspiracy Theories on 14:22 - Apr 5 with 2313 viewsPNENIL

Your Oyston Conspiracy Theories on 13:58 - Apr 5 by Wronga

Personally I agree with most on here. They got lucky, didn't have a clue what to do when we reach the Promised Land and have been on a downward spiral ever since. Wish Owen would realise that most of this could have been avoided had he have placed a decent Chairman/Chief Executive in place.

I think they have driven themselves into a position that this is going to start costing them money soon which they wont like . To balance against that is that they are naturally stubborn and I think genuinely like the attention of owning a football club and being the pantomime villains . Lets be honest , they sell and they will disappear from the limelight .
Who knows how it will all end .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024