Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research 04:11 - Apr 17 with 2113 viewstheacademic

Hi all,

I am involved in a research study looking at fans' views of sex and gender classification in sport and I am hoping you can spare a few minutes of your time to share your thoughts in an online survey: https://teesside.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/transgender-and-sport

Thanks in advance.
Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 10:36 - Apr 17 with 2060 viewsHighjack

There has to be rules stopping people who have grown up as men competing against people born as women. It’s not fair on those women who train hard all their life and can’t naturally reach the same physicality levels.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 11:08 - Apr 17 with 2039 viewsDarran

Paul Dickov could not be reached for comment.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 11:29 - Apr 17 with 2031 viewsHighjack

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 11:08 - Apr 17 by Darran

Paul Dickov could not be reached for comment.

Neither could the Russian shotput champion Ivor Haddmibolloksov

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 12:36 - Apr 17 with 2004 viewshobo

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 10:36 - Apr 17 by Highjack

There has to be rules stopping people who have grown up as men competing against people born as women. It’s not fair on those women who train hard all their life and can’t naturally reach the same physicality levels.

Are you saying women are weaker than men?
Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 13:00 - Apr 17 with 1994 viewsPacemaker

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 12:36 - Apr 17 by hobo

Generally men are physically stronger than women, that doesn’t mean that women could not compete competitively against men, some sports are already mixed teams.

However as Highjack states if I was to suddenly change gender after fifty odd years of physical training/ working I would have a distinct advantage over women of my age and background.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 13:48 - Apr 17 with 1964 viewshobo

Let's get rid of divisive men and women competitions and have them all compete against each other. Problem solved, and a victory for equality
Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 14:00 - Apr 17 with 1946 viewsLohengrin

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 13:48 - Apr 17 by hobo

Let's get rid of divisive men and women competitions and have them all compete against each other. Problem solved, and a victory for equality

Put me down for a mathematics contest with Diane Abbott. I’ll not need to limber up much less train for the bout.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 14:02 - Apr 17 with 1940 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Mixed sex naked Twister is a good game.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 14:08 - Apr 17 with 1936 viewsHighjack

Yes in general but especially at elite athletic events. For example, Serena Williams is freakishly strong for a woman, she’s definitely stronger than me and dominates most women physically on the court, but she would not be able to compete physically with the likes of Novak Djokovic or most other men on the court. Especially over five sets. She’s admitted this herself.

The women’s world record in the 100m sprint that has stood for 30 odd years would not be fast enough to even qualify for the men’s Olympic event.

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 14:25 - Apr 17 with 1923 viewsCountyJim

Yet women can compete and beat men on a horse and do at Olympics

Makes you wonder why at sports like snooker darts etc they really struggle against men on most occasions
Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 14:30 - Apr 17 with 1918 viewsLohengrin

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 14:25 - Apr 17 by CountyJim

Yet women can compete and beat men on a horse and do at Olympics

Makes you wonder why at sports like snooker darts etc they really struggle against men on most occasions

Darts? Not enough of them drink pints or can do the math in their heads?

Snooker? Nowhere near enough attention paid to the balls...

I know, Lisa, I know...

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 14:39 - Apr 17 with 1910 viewsunion_jack

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 14:30 - Apr 17 by Lohengrin

I know, Lisa, I know...

MathS😉

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 14:40 - Apr 17 with 1907 viewsLohengrin

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 14:39 - Apr 17 by union_jack

MathS😉

I’ve decided to be an American for ten minutes. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking with it.

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 15:12 - Apr 17 with 1884 viewsunion_jack

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 14:40 - Apr 17 by Lohengrin

I’ve decided to be an American for ten minutes. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking with it.

Back to normal yet? My sympathies by the way.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 15:32 - Apr 17 with 1871 viewslondonlisa2001

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 14:30 - Apr 17 by Lohengrin

I know, Lisa, I know...

I can’t imagine many women getting irate at the thought they don’t pay much attention to darts or snooker.
Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 15:43 - Apr 17 with 1851 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Your survey appears to be far more professional and well thought out than most of the embarrassing efforts we get pestered with.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 15:55 - Apr 17 with 1843 viewsLohengrin

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 15:32 - Apr 17 by londonlisa2001

I can’t imagine many women getting irate at the thought they don’t pay much attention to darts or snooker.

The gals down at The Dockers’ don’t share your enthusiasm for Bridge mind, Lis.

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 16:52 - Apr 17 with 1815 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 15:43 - Apr 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Your survey appears to be far more professional and well thought out than most of the embarrassing efforts we get pestered with.

Agree.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 17:00 - Apr 17 with 1812 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The issue is irreversible changes at adolescence principally due to testosterone. If you change gender these physical advantages remain.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 20:17 - Apr 17 with 1773 viewslondonlisa2001

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 17:00 - Apr 17 by JACKMANANDBOY

The issue is irreversible changes at adolescence principally due to testosterone. If you change gender these physical advantages remain.

Agreed.

The research that Martina Navratilova carried out is both fascinating and comprehensive.

The training advantages and certain physical advantages gained by trans women before they transition are not reversed post transition, so they will always have an advantage over cis women irrespective of testosterone suppression at a later date.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024