Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Research on Sexuality in Football 05:52 - Mar 27 with 1496 viewstheacademic

Dear all,

I am involved in some university research that is looking at sexuality in football and I would appreciate a few minutes of your time to share your thoughts on this subject. The survey is anonymous and can be found here:

https://doit.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5d4gVVLc7wZUS57

Thanks in advance for your time.
Research on Sexuality in Football on 07:29 - Mar 27 with 1479 viewsGasGiant

To what end? What is your hypothesis?
Research on Sexuality in Football on 11:24 - Mar 27 with 1434 viewssolent_toffee

You’ve come to the right place. Thus is the most homo-erotic fan site in football.
Research on Sexuality in Football on 11:38 - Mar 27 with 1415 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

I think you should first start asking older footballers why they didn't come out. ie Garth Crooks, Kevin Keegan etc

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Research on Sexuality in Football on 11:41 - Mar 27 with 1415 viewsGasGiant

Research on Sexuality in Football on 11:38 - Mar 27 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

I think you should first start asking older footballers why they didn't come out. ie Garth Crooks, Kevin Keegan etc

Seriously?
Research on Sexuality in Football on 11:45 - Mar 27 with 1411 viewsBison

Good shout 130 , Matty Taylor should tell all about his orgy with Will Young.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Research on Sexuality in Football on 11:45 - Mar 27 with 1402 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Research on Sexuality in Football on 11:41 - Mar 27 by GasGiant

Seriously?

Of course, if you can find an old footballer who admits to being gay or bi, it would be a great way to start their research, I am sure there are footballers in Europe who have come out completely after they retired.

Research on Sexuality in Football on 11:46 - Mar 27 with 1399 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Research on Sexuality in Football on 11:45 - Mar 27 by Bison

Good shout 130 , Matty Taylor should tell all about his orgy with Will Young.

Is that a bit of fun, or is there some serious rumours in your rumour?

Research on Sexuality in Football on 11:50 - Mar 27 with 1400 viewsBison

Research on Sexuality in Football on 11:46 - Mar 27 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Is that a bit of fun, or is there some serious rumours in your rumour?

Matt Taylor Based on what we're reading above, Matt Taylor gets 3 to 1 odds as being one of the gay footballers involved in this salacious orgy. Some months ago rumours were posted on the net that Will Young was in a relationship with footballer Matt Taylor. Sources say this is unlikely, but what seems to be the case � and Honeytom has spoken to those closely associated with Taylor�s employers � is that the Portsmouth left-back wanted to use this opportunity of his moment under the limelight to become the first footballer to out himself since Justin Fashanu in 1990.

You were obviously hoping to get a bite with Keegan so what goes around comes around. Personally I have no issues but I do remember you being a touch homophobic by claiming porstsmouth had no gay clubs.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 11:53]

Login to get fewer ads

Research on Sexuality in Football on 11:58 - Mar 27 with 1369 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Research on Sexuality in Football on 11:50 - Mar 27 by Bison

Matt Taylor Based on what we're reading above, Matt Taylor gets 3 to 1 odds as being one of the gay footballers involved in this salacious orgy. Some months ago rumours were posted on the net that Will Young was in a relationship with footballer Matt Taylor. Sources say this is unlikely, but what seems to be the case � and Honeytom has spoken to those closely associated with Taylor�s employers � is that the Portsmouth left-back wanted to use this opportunity of his moment under the limelight to become the first footballer to out himself since Justin Fashanu in 1990.

You were obviously hoping to get a bite with Keegan so what goes around comes around. Personally I have no issues but I do remember you being a touch homophobic by claiming porstsmouth had no gay clubs.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 11:53]

I can't believe you are going for tit for tat, I'm just trying to help out the OP.

On rumours, there was never any at Portsmouth about Matty Taylor, unlike Newcastle where there was lots about Keegan, and a fair bit from inside the BBC with Crooks.

EDIT: What I said was that I thought that there were no gay clubs in Portsmouth, but someone on here was convinced there were.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 12:02]

Research on Sexuality in Football on 12:00 - Mar 27 with 1370 viewsBison

Research on Sexuality in Football on 11:58 - Mar 27 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

I can't believe you are going for tit for tat, I'm just trying to help out the OP.

On rumours, there was never any at Portsmouth about Matty Taylor, unlike Newcastle where there was lots about Keegan, and a fair bit from inside the BBC with Crooks.

EDIT: What I said was that I thought that there were no gay clubs in Portsmouth, but someone on here was convinced there were.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 12:02]

You started it

Edit: was Matty with you at the same time as Sol Campbell ?
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 12:04]

Research on Sexuality in Football on 12:04 - Mar 27 with 1356 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Research on Sexuality in Football on 12:00 - Mar 27 by Bison

You started it

Edit: was Matty with you at the same time as Sol Campbell ?
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 12:04]

I wouldn't have used that emoji on this thread.

Edit: Sol never gave Matty a naked massage
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 12:11]

Research on Sexuality in Football on 12:34 - Mar 27 with 1329 viewssolent_toffee

There’s a very good book called The Natural by Ross Raison, that is based on a young player making his way into the game in the lower leagues who is gay. It’s fictional but the author thanks an unnamed footballer for their support in writing it.

It’s a good interesting and insightful read at this time when people have time on their hands.
Research on Sexuality in Football on 12:59 - Mar 27 with 1301 viewsSaintsforeverj

There has to be gay players but maybe they just want to keep it private. Football is just not a comfortable place for a player to announce they are gay. Maybe it should be but there will always be idiots whatever we say or do and they will take the p in the stands or even team mates. So players are unlikely to ever come out in football.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Research on Sexuality in Football on 13:26 - Mar 27 with 1284 viewsthis_charming_man

Why does anyone care? Seriously, its boring.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024