Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terms & Conditions 21:06 - Apr 26 with 5411 viewsAtThePeake

Just a reminder to everyone of the Terms & Conditions of the messageboard outlined on the page you can access at the bottom of the site.

By using this website you agree to the following:

When posting material to the site, please follow these rules:

Please respect your fellow posters and refrain from name calling and personal abuse
Referring to users or former users by their real names is not permitted without the permission of the user
Don't swear, post libellous, racist, homophobic, sexist, threatening or adult material or harass other users
Do not advertise without prior permission
We reserve the right to refuse access to the site to any user at our sole discretion
You grant us permission to use your material for on or offline purposes
Anyone that uses a VPN or other methods to hide their identity from us continually may be viewed as suspicious activity and have their accounts blocked
The content of this site is copyright and may not be copied and used in any form without prior permission from FansNetwork.

Please help us to moderate the site by reporting any abuse that is likely to offend. We cannot monitor the site 24/7 so we appreciate your help. Please use the tools provided on each message/post. (Please DM us directly to report a specific message rather than a whole thread).

This post has been edited by an administrator

Tangled up in blue.

Terms & Conditions on 22:04 - Apr 26 with 3813 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Thanks for reminding us of the T&Cs ATP. A lot of posters have been raising it, especially rule one concerning personal abuse, over the last two or three weeks and wondering when the T&Cs were going to be enforced. As a moderator you must have seen some of these abusive posts, why, given the T&Cs you have reminded us of, were they permitted?
[Post edited 26 Apr 2020 22:06]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Terms & Conditions on 22:17 - Apr 26 with 3792 views442Dale

A plea.

If it’s not possible to see the implications of meandering in a direction that has proven to be negative, then there’s a real danger this board will become unreadable.

Reiterating something said this morning, think how we can be better as individuals first and foremost. That’s what we can all control. It doesn’t mean agreeing with each other or the admins, but it shows a collective responsibility to wanting the forum to improve. Anything else, and like those fans down the road all these years, you know. You really know.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Terms & Conditions on 22:25 - Apr 26 with 3771 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Terms & Conditions on 22:17 - Apr 26 by 442Dale

A plea.

If it’s not possible to see the implications of meandering in a direction that has proven to be negative, then there’s a real danger this board will become unreadable.

Reiterating something said this morning, think how we can be better as individuals first and foremost. That’s what we can all control. It doesn’t mean agreeing with each other or the admins, but it shows a collective responsibility to wanting the forum to improve. Anything else, and like those fans down the road all these years, you know. You really know.

Totally agree and excellently put. Going forward the T&Cs should apply to everyone. That’s a basic starting point we must surely all be able to agree on?

Terms & Conditions on 23:56 - Apr 26 with 3709 viewsRochdale_Rangar

Trouble with the Tee’s and cee’s is they don’t seem to rule a lot in.
Terms & Conditions on 00:03 - Apr 27 with 3702 viewsAtThePeake

Terms & Conditions on 22:04 - Apr 26 by BigDaveMyCock

Thanks for reminding us of the T&Cs ATP. A lot of posters have been raising it, especially rule one concerning personal abuse, over the last two or three weeks and wondering when the T&Cs were going to be enforced. As a moderator you must have seen some of these abusive posts, why, given the T&Cs you have reminded us of, were they permitted?
[Post edited 26 Apr 2020 22:06]

No worries.

For what it's worth, we were always of the feeling that the forum could police itself for the most part and occasionally there are times when both me and Chaff struggle to spend the time necessary to check every post on the forum, as has been the case in the last few days in particular.

Obviously it's become clear recently that it's not really the case that the forum polices itself, so we'll do our best to be more stringent going forward in checking the board and making sure the above T&C's are adhered to.

When we first took over from Col, plenty of forum users requested that we maintained a degree of leniency as Col had done beforehand.

We've tried to do this as much as possible to the point where we've clearly allowed too much to slide and I hold my hands up and apologise for that. We're happy to change tact and be a bit stricter with the T&C's going forward as it seems that's what most forum users are now requesting.

Again, to help out when we aren't able to get on the site as much, we'd appreciate it if people could drop us a DM to report any abuse and that way we should be able to see it and respond quicker. We do get a message when abuse is reported through the tool on the site, but that shows the whole thread rather than the specific message, so a DM is better for us. That said, despite the complaints, we've still only had two messages for reported abuse through the on-site tool in the month of April so people do need to help us and report abuse when they see it.

Tangled up in blue.

Terms & Conditions on 00:04 - Apr 27 with 3700 viewsAtThePeake

Terms & Conditions on 23:56 - Apr 26 by Rochdale_Rangar

Trouble with the Tee’s and cee’s is they don’t seem to rule a lot in.

The majority of posters do seem to manage to adhere to them.

Tangled up in blue.

Terms & Conditions on 08:14 - Apr 27 with 3598 viewsnordenblue

Terms & Conditions on 00:03 - Apr 27 by AtThePeake

No worries.

For what it's worth, we were always of the feeling that the forum could police itself for the most part and occasionally there are times when both me and Chaff struggle to spend the time necessary to check every post on the forum, as has been the case in the last few days in particular.

Obviously it's become clear recently that it's not really the case that the forum polices itself, so we'll do our best to be more stringent going forward in checking the board and making sure the above T&C's are adhered to.

When we first took over from Col, plenty of forum users requested that we maintained a degree of leniency as Col had done beforehand.

We've tried to do this as much as possible to the point where we've clearly allowed too much to slide and I hold my hands up and apologise for that. We're happy to change tact and be a bit stricter with the T&C's going forward as it seems that's what most forum users are now requesting.

Again, to help out when we aren't able to get on the site as much, we'd appreciate it if people could drop us a DM to report any abuse and that way we should be able to see it and respond quicker. We do get a message when abuse is reported through the tool on the site, but that shows the whole thread rather than the specific message, so a DM is better for us. That said, despite the complaints, we've still only had two messages for reported abuse through the on-site tool in the month of April so people do need to help us and report abuse when they see it.

Not a criticism of either you or Chaff as I like the stuff you both do and the content, but if by your own admission you dont have the time would it not be beneficial to get others involved too who may have more time,to help monitor if required? Keep up the great work gents
Terms & Conditions on 08:37 - Apr 27 with 3584 viewsColDale

Terms & Conditions on 22:17 - Apr 26 by 442Dale

A plea.

This (as the kids like to say).

it's dead simple, just don't act on here the way you wouldn't act in real life. I know things are a little different know with no football to talk about but its bringing out the worst in some which is making most people not bother with the forum.

This isn't PMQ's. There's no need to try and get the final word in every single thread. There's no need to argue back just because a particular poster has posted one thing. We're not deep rooted political adversaries, we're fans of the same club who might have differing opinions and that's it. And no amount of whataboutery will justify anything else. If your sole purpose of posting is to have a dig at someone else or to claim faux outrage, what's the point?

Self policing is always the answer rather than looking to upgrade moderation to 24/7. Easier for me to say it now I'm not admin, but posting on here is a priviledge not a right, and it's worth remembering that at all times. If someone went to a pub with the only intention being to antagonise others, they'd be barred.

(and yes I deserve a ban for the avatar - no idea where its come from and I've tried to change it repeatedly)
Login to get fewer ads

Terms & Conditions on 08:46 - Apr 27 with 3571 viewsRochdale_Rangar

Let the board become the Sam smith pub of the message board world and let’s only discuss footballing matters. Don’t joke incase someone gets offended and don’t give an opinion incase someone gets offended. Plenty of other forums out there for political and current affairs should you need them during these stir crazy boring times.
Terms & Conditions on 08:51 - Apr 27 with 3567 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Terms & Conditions on 00:03 - Apr 27 by AtThePeake

No worries.

Thanks for the response ATP and for your honesty, it is genuinely appreciated.
Although I am concerned that there is a reluctance to deal with the ‘real’ problem. In the three threads that were deleted yesterday there were only a handful of posts that contained personal abuse (most of these dated back a fortnight or so). Why not just delete those posts? The vast vast majority of posts were in accordance with the Ts&Cs. Why do they have to be deleted? Going forward, are entire threads going to be deleted because nobody wants to deal with the actual individuals giving personal abuse?
[Post edited 27 Apr 2020 9:00]

Terms & Conditions on 09:03 - Apr 27 with 3548 viewsRochdale_Rangar

Terms & Conditions on 08:51 - Apr 27 by BigDaveMyCock

Although I am concerned that there is a reluctance to deal with the ‘real’ problem. In the three threads that were deleted yesterday there were only a handful of posts that contained personal abuse (most of these dated back a fortnight or so). Why not just delete those posts? The vast vast majority of posts were in accordance with the Ts&Cs. Why do they have to be deleted? Going forward, are entire threads going to be deleted because nobody wants to deal with the actual individuals giving personal abuse?

This is where the problem lies. You’ve referred to people on here who voted for brexit as “numb as fook” now personally it’s a bit distasteful but as grown men I think that’s a statement we can all take. we wouldn’t after all bat an eyelid if someone called bury supporters numb as fook. It’s just an opinion.

But then at the other end of the spectrum people have come on here and mentioned the fact that you have had negative dealings with them in person and threatened you. We’ve also had one guy on here constantly going after a guy that works for trust in an obvious attempt to smear him and get him the sack. Rather then being the fun police and stifling debate those are the kind of people that need to be banned rather than deleting full threads.
Terms & Conditions on 09:08 - Apr 27 with 3537 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Terms & Conditions on 09:03 - Apr 27 by Rochdale_Rangar

This is where the problem lies. You’ve referred to people on here who voted for brexit as “numb as fook” now personally it’s a bit distasteful but as grown men I think that’s a statement we can all take. we wouldn’t after all bat an eyelid if someone called bury supporters numb as fook. It’s just an opinion.

But then at the other end of the spectrum people have come on here and mentioned the fact that you have had negative dealings with them in person and threatened you. We’ve also had one guy on here constantly going after a guy that works for trust in an obvious attempt to smear him and get him the sack. Rather then being the fun police and stifling debate those are the kind of people that need to be banned rather than deleting full threads.

Point taken. To be fair the now infamous numb as fook reference was in respect to people I’d specifically spoken to and was not aimed at anyone particular on here. That said, I absolutely take your point and it was distasteful.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2020 9:10]

Terms & Conditions on 09:19 - Apr 27 with 3523 viewsRochdale_Rangar

Terms & Conditions on 09:08 - Apr 27 by BigDaveMyCock

Point taken. To be fair the now infamous numb as fook reference was in respect to people I’d specifically spoken to and was not aimed at anyone particular on here. That said, I absolutely take your point and it was distasteful.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2020 9:10]

It’s not a criticism. Whether you think some brexit voters or all brexit voters are as numb as a piss stone it’s a valid opinion whether you agree with it or not and it’s not a personal attack. Of course it could have been conveyed in a much more gentler way but do we really all want to become the stepford wives.

Contrast that with people who are coming on here with an axe to grind. I’m sure your mate could have texted you with regards to his season ticket and he didn’t need to call you a “lying bastard” over this message board and as much as it gave me a chuckle was anybody on here that interested. Same with the guy who is trying to get roccydaleian bulleted off the trust. Those are the people who need to go.
Terms & Conditions on 09:37 - Apr 27 with 3496 viewsflyerdale

Terms & Conditions on 09:03 - Apr 27 by Rochdale_Rangar

Constantly? Hang on a minute it looks like you are trying to fuel the fires here again when there has been a plea to stop all this. I'd suggest you pipe down
Terms & Conditions on 09:39 - Apr 27 with 3495 viewskiwidale

Deal with the problem which is personal abuse or are we going to continue to delete 12 page threads that were ongoing and important because a few people cant behave themselves.

This is not the time for bickering.

Terms & Conditions on 09:42 - Apr 27 with 3489 viewsflyerdale

Terms & Conditions on 09:19 - Apr 27 by Rochdale_Rangar

It’s not a criticism. Whether you think some brexit voters or all brexit voters are as numb as a piss stone it’s a valid opinion whether you agree with it or not and it’s not a personal attack. Of course it could have been conveyed in a much more gentler way but do we really all want to become the stepford wives.

Contrast that with people who are coming on here with an axe to grind. I’m sure your mate could have texted you with regards to his season ticket and he didn’t need to call you a “lying bastard” over this message board and as much as it gave me a chuckle was anybody on here that interested. Same with the guy who is trying to get roccydaleian bulleted off the trust. Those are the people who need to go.

Nobody is trying to get anybody thrown off the trust believe me. Here you are again trying to fuel fires trying to put words in people's mouths. I was pointing out about behaviour on forums and in particular one person. Everyone was OK to move on from this but you obviously want to try and carry things on. I'm done with this forum I've been here in some guise or other since the late 1990's. I bid you all the best. Up the Dale
Terms & Conditions on 09:50 - Apr 27 with 3472 views442Dale

Seriously, look at ourselves instead of others. It couldn’t be any easier.

Stop now and think.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Terms & Conditions on 09:50 - Apr 27 with 3472 viewskiwidale

Terms & Conditions on 09:42 - Apr 27 by flyerdale

Nobody is trying to get anybody thrown off the trust believe me. Here you are again trying to fuel fires trying to put words in people's mouths. I was pointing out about behaviour on forums and in particular one person. Everyone was OK to move on from this but you obviously want to try and carry things on. I'm done with this forum I've been here in some guise or other since the late 1990's. I bid you all the best. Up the Dale

Stand your ground Flyer don't over react otherwise they win.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2020 9:57]

Terms & Conditions on 10:07 - Apr 27 with 3445 viewsD_Alien

There's another option that people could adopt in order to stop some of the worst of what we've seen recently

Don't get involved in other people's arguments - unless you have a vested interest, or "skin in the game" or whatever other crap phrase springs to mind that means it's relevant to you personally

That would instantly stop the fuel being poured onto fires that would almost certainly die out of their own accord. It would also include several posts in this thread already

Just look back at what you've posted and have a think about that

That applies to me too, going forward

[Post edited 27 Apr 2020 10:08]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Terms & Conditions on 10:17 - Apr 27 with 3411 viewsjonahwhereru

There have been many occasions I have bemoaned living 250 miles away from Rochdale, but without doubt it is beneficial in as much as I have no idea who is grinding an axe against who and why on this board.
Why any one would want to “take it outside” on this forum is beyond me. If you have something to say do it in person, or by phone. People seem more emboldened in front of a keyboard rather than a person.
We all have enough shite to deal with right now. Is it possible that some hatchets could buried and the football forum can flourish again.

The moderators of this board have my full support in whatever action they choose to take, because I won’t be sticking my hand up to take over. Thanks for the work you do lads.
Terms & Conditions on 10:21 - Apr 27 with 3397 viewskiwidale

Terms & Conditions on 10:07 - Apr 27 by D_Alien

There's another option that people could adopt in order to stop some of the worst of what we've seen recently

Don't get involved in other people's arguments - unless you have a vested interest, or "skin in the game" or whatever other crap phrase springs to mind that means it's relevant to you personally

That would instantly stop the fuel being poured onto fires that would almost certainly die out of their own accord. It would also include several posts in this thread already

Just look back at what you've posted and have a think about that

That applies to me too, going forward

[Post edited 27 Apr 2020 10:08]

Good post D_A but calls for self control will only work if people know how to behave and while most do some don't including from time to time good people who get annoyed in the heat of debate we can all regret something posted in haste. I am the last person that wants a sanitised board its often at its best most entertaining when things kick off, its the personal spiteful comments that needs to stop and I believe that will take moderator intervention but please no more deleting threads.

Terms & Conditions on 10:24 - Apr 27 with 3383 viewsAtThePeake

On this particular occasion, we'd clearly missed quite a bit on each of the threads and felt it would be better to delete the threads altogether rather than go through each post and appraise each one separately. I'd rather not delete whole threads going forward, no.

Tangled up in blue.

Terms & Conditions on 10:25 - Apr 27 with 3381 viewsRochdale_Rangar

Terms & Conditions on 09:42 - Apr 27 by flyerdale

Then why did you feel the need to reference his role at the trust when pointing out his behaviour on this forum? I’m not fanning any fires I’m just trying to have an honest conversation about what does constitute personal abuse and what doesn’t.
Terms & Conditions on 10:44 - Apr 27 with 3337 viewsD_Alien

I think we all recognise personal abuse when we see it. It goes beyond mere "leg-pulling" and is intended to inflict hurt, damage to reputation or even to try to drive someone off the board. If anyone feels the need to have greater clarity, they'd simply be better off not posting anything they think might infringe the above

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Terms & Conditions on 10:46 - Apr 27 with 3330 viewsNigeriamark

Terms & Conditions on 10:24 - Apr 27 by AtThePeake

On this particular occasion, we'd clearly missed quite a bit on each of the threads and felt it would be better to delete the threads altogether rather than go through each post and appraise each one separately. I'd rather not delete whole threads going forward, no.

Can you bar someone from a thread rather than permanently. If someone insults someone, can't you just bar them from participating in that particular thread rather than the whole board
Like a few other people, i participate in some very interesting threads ( football or non football related). However once a couple of people start the name calling just because someone disagrees with them, then most of the time I stop posting because the original message gets hijacked. Just delete the offensive comments, bar the guilty from just that post & perhaps the rest of us can carry one with the original topic
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024