Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity 18:37 - Jan 12 with 27489 viewsnumptydumpty

Next to Glenn Hoddle in queue at Tescos other day

Amazingly mate mine recognised Brian Hanrahan in Moon pub in Shepherd's Bush. 30 years after his famous Falkland BBC news

Saw Tony Meo next to Steve Davis, and randomly only recognised Tony Meo and Mr Steve heard my recognition of his mate as opposed to him !!!

Another friend randomly recognised Statto at Royal Ascot of Skinner and Baddiel fame.

Was sat next Steve Rider at Bracknell rugby game. Of Grandstand 'fame"

Few very z list celebs indeed

Anyone randomly bumped into any mega stars

Remember seeing Alan Ball pop into bookies in Portsmouth to check out his loser. No one said anything.

Saw Colin Jackson 100 metre hurdler in his GB kit at an airport in Milan, looked ridiculously healthy and fit.

Anyone had an exchange with a celeb....

I must be bored !!!! 😴
[Post edited 12 Jan 2023 18:38]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 12:15 - Jan 13 with 3253 viewsted_hendrix

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 10:22 - Jan 13 by TheChef

Oooh you lucky so and so - Mel C is gorgeous and fit as fck (and probably the only Spice Girl who can properly sing).

Ageing like a fine wine.

I wasn't aware that any of the Spice Girls could sing, I was always under the impression that they were poorly manufactured droids created to take over and rule the World firstly by killing the Worlds human population with their wailing noise (loosely called singing) and then killing all animal life by performing their poorly choreographed dance routines in front of the Worlds animals.
That's how I saw It anyway.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 12:28 - Jan 13 with 3231 viewsCateLeBonR

Jo Brand presenting a competition outside the Lifeboat centre in Pett Level, East Sussex.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 12:30 - Jan 13 with 3230 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I was having a conversation with someone about Georsge Best and Rodney Marsh playing for Fulham and Noel Fielding walked over said he'd overheard and mentioned his dad was Fulham so we had a little chat about Football.

I worked on about 150 'Later with Jools' so have had a fair few chats with musicians, holding a door open for Robert Plant was pretty cool.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 13:55 - Jan 13 with 3158 viewsenfieldargh

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 11:44 - Jan 13 by themodfather

i can add barry mcguigan, emma thompson, rick buckler, bruce foxton, martin freeman, garry cooper ( from quadrophenia) most of the singers the nolans, one of their husbands is a qpr fan sits in SAR , mcik jones/clash , russ tamblyn ( west side story) i gave mel c an england balloon on st george's day lol

Hope it didnt burst and bring a smile to your face

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 16:09 - Jan 13 with 3087 viewsMrSheen

I saw Ed Balls having a pint outside a pub in Waterloo this lunchtime.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 16:29 - Jan 13 with 3048 viewspragueranger

When I lived in West Hampstead me and my flatmate used to have a celeb spot game classified by quality of celeb (A-C), and level engagement (interactive or not), and activity (ironic, mundane). For example, Bob Hoskins holding the door of a newsagent open for you; Interactive mundane B.

Over the years I saw Rachel Stevens of S-Club 7 filling up her car on Finchley Road, Baby Spice locking eyes with me (unintentionally) on Hampstead High Street, Liam Gallagher and Nicole from All Saints in the chippy on West End Lane, Steven Fry at the carwash by the West Hampstead tube station in his black cab, Jamie Oliver at the Bar in the Holly Bush pub.

Favorite (non-interactive) brush with celeb was in Greenwich Village, New York on a Sunday afternoon around 1998. Waiting for the green light to cross the street and David Bowie and Iman were on the opposite side. When it turned green they crossed the road and nobody on our side moved - we all just stared.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 16:57 - Jan 13 with 3014 viewsnumptydumpty

My dad's mate was discussing why on earth Paul Parker was playing for England in game he was watching in local pub and how crap he was.

People on next table said what were his qualifications to say such a thing, he kind of laid it on thick until they said we represent various members of Paul Parkers family !!!!
[Post edited 13 Jan 2023 16:59]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 17:15 - Jan 13 with 2987 viewsacricketer

Sat on a plane once next to Captain Mark Phillips from Melbourne to London.

Saw Robert De niro in Paris walking past the cafe I was drinking outside

Nearly set up a business with Kris Akabussi.

My daughter and I played mini golf with Johnny Vaughan and his daughter after meeting on a ferry to Shelter Island in the Hamptons LI

Played cricket with Chris Hollins.

Family waved at Sir Vivian Richards while waiting for a taxi at JFK as he drove by and got a big smile and wave back.

Saw Claudia Schiffer and Scott Bakula while waiting at the Four Seasons Hotel reception in NYC

Many more ....
Login to get fewer ads

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 17:22 - Jan 13 with 2981 viewssupahoopsa

Bumped into Neil Kinnock back in the 80's at a motor show, I hadn't seen him, but I was soon surrounded by his protection guys.

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 17:29 - Jan 13 with 2971 viewsqpr_1968

one day in 2015, luton airport, having a coffee , sat back to back with rio ferdinand and two friends, they were very loud.

on the flight to knock airport later, rob brydon comes bouncing down the aisle.
tiny little man.

and much later on in penneys, ballina , stood behind gerry adams in the queue.
most staff were star struck and followed him round the store like the pied piper.

hatrick.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 17:47 - Jan 13 with 2948 viewsellersliehoop

Saw Kevin Gallen at the gym on Wednesday.....
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 20:02 - Jan 13 with 2851 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Walked past John Inverdale in Richmond Park about 10 years ago. Stood in front of Ed Balls in a queue for the theatre, and served John Salako a pint in the Financier and Firkin in Kingston about 25 years ago.
Salako was with a load of people, I asked if he was who I thought he was which resulted in them getting a bit grumpy with me until i explained my Dad was his personal financial advisor! He was very nice, bought me a beer even though it was his birthday. And his wife was stunning!
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 20:34 - Jan 13 with 2814 viewsDrewster

Sat 2 rows behind Carl Cox on a flight to Cyprus last September. Saw him in the baggage hall and had a chat and photo. Lovely guy, he was playing at a festival down the beach from our hotel that night. Bloody racket kept me awake all night.

Was dining at La Casa in Weybridge the day after our wedding last April and Eamon Holmes and his wife were in there, regulars apparently. Moved my chair out the way when he was hobbling to the loos whilst on crutches. He said ‘cheers mate’.

Walked past Michael Sheen in 7 Dials a few years back.
Stood next to Robert Elms while having a pee at LR.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 20:42 - Jan 13 with 2793 viewsSimonD

Gerry Francis at Victoria - he had a shocking purple jacket on!

Shaun Derry in the toilets at Clacket Lane service station.

My mate's wife and kids went to this "World of the Worlds Immersive Experience" recently. I'm still not entirely sure what it is, but apparently you get split into groups of 10 or fewer to do it. They got to go around with Peter Kay and his family!
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 20:57 - Jan 13 with 2762 viewsQPRSteve

One I forgot.

Was stunned one day to pass Randy California in Highbury & islington tube station.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 22:50 - Jan 13 with 2670 viewsPinnerPaul

My Mum had a nice chat with Glenn Roeder and Clive Allen once, waiting for a tube on Greenford station!
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 23:54 - Jan 13 with 2624 viewsCiderwithRsie

I would never know, I'm cr*p at recognising celebs. I once chatted on a station bench with Miriam Margolyes for about 10 minutes (very nice, never swore once) with no bloody idea who she was until after we all got on the train and my wife told me.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 08:31 - Jan 14 with 2567 viewsFrankRightguard

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 12:03 - Jan 13 by Galileo

Ian Holloway down the driving range with his kids.

Sat opposite Mick Talbot and on another occasion Rachel Sterling on the tube.

Chris Eubank walking through the Lanes in Brighton.

Ben Miller strolling through Robin Hood Bay with his family.

My wife once pointed out Vernon Kay and his awful wife in a park in Marlow.

Last summer Ross Kemp had to wait for me to be served before him in a pub in Cookham.

Also saw Chris Eubank in Brighton dressed in full country gent get up driving his big American truck!
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 09:02 - Jan 14 with 2532 viewsdistortR

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 08:31 - Jan 14 by FrankRightguard

Also saw Chris Eubank in Brighton dressed in full country gent get up driving his big American truck!

Not in the Lanes, I hope.

Used to see, and chat, to him in Brighton, he was a local hero.

Before he became really famous, he won a 'title' for the best boxer outside the world top 10, or something similar. He had 'world champion' etc all over his car.
He used to go to this cafe, Browns, quite a lot, I was working opposite on the renovation of this old church.
So I'm watching the world go by from the scaffold one day, and this traffic warden comes bumbling along. Eubank is on double yellows. As the warden gets his book out, I come off the scaffold and ask him, "Do you know whose car that is?". The bloke looks at me, and says "No". It's literally plastered all over the car, 'Chris Eubank -world champion'. I say, "It's Chris Eubank's, mate".
"Who is that?"
"Middle weight boxing champion of the world. Says it on the car"
He looks at me. "Some things aren't worth it, are they"
"No"
He walks off. Eubank comes out the cafe "What the f'ck he want?"
"I sorted it"
We had a chat, he gave me some promo posters. But after that, walking to different sites I'd occasionally bump into him out running, and he always made time to stop and say hello and have a quick word. Nice bloke.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 09:41 - Jan 14 with 2486 viewsDavieQPR

Suppose a cheat but I worked at the Palladium and lived in the ATV estate in Borehamwood in the mid 60's so met people from the Beatles and Stones to John Wayne. Tarbuck used to give me a lift to work. one week with Tom Jones.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 10:44 - Jan 14 with 2430 viewsNewYorkRanger

Was at the French House in Soho one summer afternoon a few years back. Suggs, his mum and Max Beasley rocked up and sat next to us. We chatted and brought a few rounds for each other. Suggs and Max had been filming something and Suggs mum was along for the ride. They’d obviously been on it for a good while before they got to the French. We had a good laugh, they’d see good fun and Mother Suggs taught me a few new swear words

Glory hunter, me

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 11:24 - Jan 14 with 2384 viewshubble

I've worked in both the film and the music business, so I've met and hung out with plenty of names, but my favourite story was a completely chance encounter. Mid noughties a good mate was a member of Soho House and we often went to the Electric in Portobello for a bev or three.

One night, already half-cut, we decided we'd go into the little snug which was down a couple of steps adjacent to the upstairs bar. However as our eyes adjusted to the the gloom we realised it was already occupied by a group of about five people, women and men, all hanging on the word of a bloke sat at the far end of the table. I decided to sit down anyway, and beckoned to my mate to do the same, but he hung back. The talk stopped immediately, and in the deathly silence, the bloke at the end, in a voice of velvet, said 'this is a private party darling.'
At that moment I realised it was Patrick Stewart, but his friends were all glaring at me, so I thought fcuk 'em, I ain't moving, but my mate was already pulling my arm, so as I got up I made the Spok sign with my left hand and said, 'yeah, alright mate, live long and prosper.'
As soon as we were back in the main bar my mate hissed at me furiously, 'you know who that was, don't you?'
Before I could answer, he said 'Ben Kingsley.'

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 14:26 - Jan 14 with 2280 viewsthemodfather

of the "celebs" i have met the biggest tw@t was STEFAN DENNIS, from neighbours, he was surly and refused an autograph for my mates nan, she asked nicely, he just rushed by.
marti pellow was really nice, got me a signed pic for another mates' mum.
martin kemp was top notch. had a few chats with him.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 11:06 - Jan 15 with 2130 viewsTHEBUSH

Oswald Mosley, yes I am that old.

He was walking past Norland Square, W11 and I was going to my favourite pub, The Crown..

I still remember to this day, he was a tall man, quite impressive and had a dark grey pin striped suit on.

As the OP says, we randomly walked past each other and he gave me a type of Mona Lisa smile.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2023 11:11]
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 11:37 - Jan 15 with 2089 viewsSuperhoop83

I once met Matt Berry in the Rose & Crown in Clapham old town.

It was Friday 7th May 2004 and I had a brief word with him at the bar as I was a massive fan of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. He was very nice and told me that he was going to be in a new show called The Mighty Boosh.

The rest of the evening descended into alcoholic mayhem, to such an extent that the next day I had to get off the train at Wimbledon and head home as I felt so rough. As a result I missed the beam back of Sheffield Wednesday 1 QPR 3.

I listened to the match on the radio and my drunk mates rang me from the pitch at Loftus Road afterwards. The result improved my hangover, but not by much. I didn't learn much from that hangover as we all got smashed at the promotion party in Hammersmith a few days later.

My wife's claim to fame is that Ludek Miklosko pinched her arse in a nightclub in Romford.

Suffering since 1978.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024