Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity 18:37 - Jan 12 with 27208 viewsnumptydumpty

Next to Glenn Hoddle in queue at Tescos other day

Amazingly mate mine recognised Brian Hanrahan in Moon pub in Shepherd's Bush. 30 years after his famous Falkland BBC news

Saw Tony Meo next to Steve Davis, and randomly only recognised Tony Meo and Mr Steve heard my recognition of his mate as opposed to him !!!

Another friend randomly recognised Statto at Royal Ascot of Skinner and Baddiel fame.

Was sat next Steve Rider at Bracknell rugby game. Of Grandstand 'fame"

Few very z list celebs indeed

Anyone randomly bumped into any mega stars

Remember seeing Alan Ball pop into bookies in Portsmouth to check out his loser. No one said anything.

Saw Colin Jackson 100 metre hurdler in his GB kit at an airport in Milan, looked ridiculously healthy and fit.

Anyone had an exchange with a celeb....

I must be bored !!!! 😴
[Post edited 12 Jan 2023 18:38]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 10:50 - Sep 5 with 2641 viewsguitarzan

Bumped into Ian Dowie in toilets at Waterloo Station . He wasn’t convinced that Beale was right choice of manager for us. Introduced to Sam Neil at a do and asked him what part of Australia he was from. He is from New Zealand. Conversation went downhill from there. Emerging from toilets in Nero Covent Garden, Ian Wright said ..have you just been to the toilet. I said yes and pointed him in the direction of them. He said thanks. Walked past Roddys bar in Ealing and Stan was outside having a fag. Never felt so star struck. A smashing bloke
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 10:52 - Sep 5 with 2622 viewsDaBurgh

Early eighties, walked past Joanna Lumley on the Strand, she had a plaster on her face, sort of ruined it.
Worked in a cocktail bar off Tottenham court road, Bootleggers, again early eighties, was always full of petty east end criminal types, served Diana Dors.
Walked past David Suchet near Kew bridge, gave him a smile and a nod when our eyes met, got a cheeky little Poiret grin in return.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 11:25 - Sep 5 with 2540 viewsBoston

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 10:52 - Sep 5 by DaBurgh

Early eighties, walked past Joanna Lumley on the Strand, she had a plaster on her face, sort of ruined it.
Worked in a cocktail bar off Tottenham court road, Bootleggers, again early eighties, was always full of petty east end criminal types, served Diana Dors.
Walked past David Suchet near Kew bridge, gave him a smile and a nod when our eyes met, got a cheeky little Poiret grin in return.

You were working as a waitress in a cocktail bar, when I met you...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 11:26 - Sep 5 with 2544 viewsPaddyhoops

Went On our honeymoon to Amsterdam about 20 years ago and on the flight back to London a certain neared children’s entertainer/ artist from Australia who was partial to a bit didgeridoo playing was on the flight.
Can you guess who it is yet?
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 11:45 - Sep 5 with 2493 viewsDaBurgh

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 11:25 - Sep 5 by Boston

You were working as a waitress in a cocktail bar, when I met you...

Not with my legs.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 11:50 - Sep 5 with 2455 viewsAntti_Heinola

I saw Clive once

Bare bones.

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 11:52 - Sep 5 with 2446 viewsLongsufferingR

I bumped into Roy Keane on Sunday. Next thing I know I've got bloody Micah Richards pinning me up against a wall!
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 12:58 - Sep 5 with 2338 viewskensalriser

If you frequent central London you do tend to see known faces from time to time. Funniest for me (admittedly nowhere near as funny as Hubble's Imbruglia imbroglios) was walking past Bob Mortimer in D'Arblay St opposite Black Market Records. I was just thinking hey, that looks just like...when he leaned into an entry phone and said 'it's Bob Mortimer'.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 13:04 - Sep 5 with 2323 viewsNewYorkRanger

Bumped into Suggs with his Mum and Max Beasley a few years ago at the French House in Soho. They'd clearly had a few by the time they got there - I think Suggs and Max had been filming something.
Got chatting to them and had a right laugh - bought each other a few rounds etc.
Suggs' Mum can swear like a trooper. Think I learned a few new swear words that day. All 3 of them were great value though.
Was great for me as I was a massive Madness fan as a kid.

Glory hunter, me

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 13:07 - Sep 5 with 2316 viewsTheChef

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 09:50 - Sep 5 by ngbqpr

Paul Weller, Victoria Station, 1979. I was a massive Jam fan - followed him and his then gf Jill for about half an hour in and out of various shops but didn't get up the nerve to speak.

Andrew Marr on the tube - very short indeed.

Tony Blair literally spilt my pint in a lakeside Scottish pub.

John Cleese at the next table in a Notting Hill restaurant.

Paul Merton shopping in Clapham.

Barack Obama and entourage / security in a fleet of limos in Manhattan.

Brian Clough on several occasions as his 'other son' runs the newsagents near me

Having been lucky enough to work in dance music for many years, I have met many heroes of the Frankie thread...but music celebs beyond the club scene I met:

- Kylie at the water cooler (she was recording in the studios downstairs from our office)
- John Thompson (Fast Show / Cold Feet) at the Brits - shared a pint, top bloke, niiiice
- Tony Wilson and then Feargal Sharkey when working on the former's In the City music conference
- Cliff Richard on my one visit to TOTP

But MOST IMPORTANTLY OF ALL...had a chat with GK coach Gavin Ward at Wetherby Services last Saturday!

Also saw Andrew Marr on the Northern line the other week (I'm assuming he lives around Hampstead/Belsize).

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 14:31 - Sep 5 with 2205 viewsheadhoops

Have been very lucky and in some cases not so lucky to meet in no particular order:
Tony Blair
Shinzo Abe
Laskmi Mittel
Flavio Briatore
Bernie Ecclestone
Prince Edward
Sir Les
Jim Gregory
Eric Bristow
Paul Weller
Brian O'Driscoll
Andy Farrell
Sit Trevor McDonald
Baldrick
Michael Caine (not many people know that)
Boy George
Timothy Spall
Martin Chivers
Ayrton Senna
Michael Schumacher
Damon Hill
Topper Headon
Norman Watt Roy
David Weir
Bryan Cranston
Sir Geoff Hurst
Numerous QPR players, Danny Shittu among the nicest.
Few more I forget and a ecletic bunch.

Finally one person I never want to meet again. Stood on my own watching my son playing cricket and he gets to bowl the final over. Group of parents from the oppostion standing in awe as Gary Lineaker plays court. He very loudly says to the group, watch this, my son George will cream this kid. My lad clean bowls him so I couldnt resist calling out, well bowled son, lucky the Lineakers are better at football. Horrible arrogant person.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 14:38 - Sep 5 with 2183 viewsMrSheen

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 13:07 - Sep 5 by TheChef

Also saw Andrew Marr on the Northern line the other week (I'm assuming he lives around Hampstead/Belsize).

About a decade ago he lived in Sheen (before his divorce?) and I spent more than an hour looking at the back of his head queueing for Christmas turkeys. As exciting as it sounds. He had a hideous light tan leather jacket on.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 16:33 - Sep 5 with 2078 viewsYorkshirehoop

Sat in the barbers in St Alban's at the top of hollywell hill.
Looking in the mirror but not staring at the man next to me as you don't as a rule.
I finished my hair cut at exactly the same time as the man next to me.
Both stood up, it was the boxer Steve Collins in a scruffy green t shirt and jeans.
Let me tell you the man had killer eyes and the most ripped physique I've ever seen.
I'm not scared of much but that man scared the shit out of me.
The second one was John egg Prescott at Euston station when me and my mate were doing nights.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 16:47 - Sep 5 with 2022 viewsPeterHucker

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 10:50 - Sep 5 by guitarzan

Bumped into Ian Dowie in toilets at Waterloo Station . He wasn’t convinced that Beale was right choice of manager for us. Introduced to Sam Neil at a do and asked him what part of Australia he was from. He is from New Zealand. Conversation went downhill from there. Emerging from toilets in Nero Covent Garden, Ian Wright said ..have you just been to the toilet. I said yes and pointed him in the direction of them. He said thanks. Walked past Roddys bar in Ealing and Stan was outside having a fag. Never felt so star struck. A smashing bloke

talking of Ian Wright.....

I was drinking outside The Cow in Westbourne Park about 20 years ago.
My mate who's a motorcycle nut starts talking to these 2 blokes outside about the motorbike they just pulled up on. I'm pretty much ignoring them until I realise one of them is Ian Wright.
My mate had no clue because he's not into football. I didn't waste much time before telling him I was a QPR fan and we had a good laugh about the time he was fined for giving us the V sign. We also had a few laughs about a game at the end of his career when he missed a penalty against at Forest. Really nice fella.

Pity about his bloody useless mercenary son Shaun Shite-Phillips!
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 17:07 - Sep 5 with 1998 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 16:47 - Sep 5 by PeterHucker

talking of Ian Wright.....

I was drinking outside The Cow in Westbourne Park about 20 years ago.
My mate who's a motorcycle nut starts talking to these 2 blokes outside about the motorbike they just pulled up on. I'm pretty much ignoring them until I realise one of them is Ian Wright.
My mate had no clue because he's not into football. I didn't waste much time before telling him I was a QPR fan and we had a good laugh about the time he was fined for giving us the V sign. We also had a few laughs about a game at the end of his career when he missed a penalty against at Forest. Really nice fella.

Pity about his bloody useless mercenary son Shaun Shite-Phillips!

I know this is genuine, but this reads slightly like Wrighty might have gone home and said: 'Met some bloke outside the Cow tonight. You know I was Arsenal's leading goalscorer, played for England and have had a really successful media career. Know what he wanted to talk about? The time I got pi$$ed off at QPR fans abusing my son and the about the only effing time I missed a penalty.'
(I know he wouldn't as he's a lovely bloke!)

Bare bones.

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 17:25 - Sep 5 with 1951 viewsplasmahoop

I once bumped into Richard Briers in Chiswick. Unfortunately it was when he wasn't that well and I couldn't think of anything good to say and he said good morning and that was that
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 18:38 - Sep 5 with 1840 viewsRebalhoop

Living not far from Pinewood,there was always a lot of filming going on nearby,all the Carry on films,Robin Hood,Spice Girls..etc
Was watching the Carry on camping filming,and wanted to try and get Sid James autograph,was concentrating on following him,and walked straight past Bernard Breslaw, who made a comment along the lines of that always happens,so we stopped (I was with my aunt)and had quite a chat,great and funny man.
PS. got Sid’s autograph as well.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 18:38 - Sep 5 with 1840 viewsPeterHucker

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 17:07 - Sep 5 by Antti_Heinola

I know this is genuine, but this reads slightly like Wrighty might have gone home and said: 'Met some bloke outside the Cow tonight. You know I was Arsenal's leading goalscorer, played for England and have had a really successful media career. Know what he wanted to talk about? The time I got pi$$ed off at QPR fans abusing my son and the about the only effing time I missed a penalty.'
(I know he wouldn't as he's a lovely bloke!)

Just to be clear it was 20 years ago (as I already mentioned)

So I didn't discuss his successful media career because he didn't have one at that point.
I also didn't discuss his son's dreadful QPR career because it hadn't happened yet.

Having seen him play for England at Wembley many times, as well as many times against QPR for Palace, Arsenal & others I'm sure we probably did discuss some of that too.

The run-in with QPR fans I referred to was nothing to do with his son.
When he was an Arsenal player he was fined for giving QPR fans the V sign & if I remember rightly, some kind of altercation with a steward in the same match??

Around the same time he was also fined for calling 1 particular referee "a muppet" which he later said was "the best 500 quid I ever spent"
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 20:36 - Sep 5 with 1704 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 18:38 - Sep 5 by PeterHucker

Just to be clear it was 20 years ago (as I already mentioned)

So I didn't discuss his successful media career because he didn't have one at that point.
I also didn't discuss his son's dreadful QPR career because it hadn't happened yet.

Having seen him play for England at Wembley many times, as well as many times against QPR for Palace, Arsenal & others I'm sure we probably did discuss some of that too.

The run-in with QPR fans I referred to was nothing to do with his son.
When he was an Arsenal player he was fined for giving QPR fans the V sign & if I remember rightly, some kind of altercation with a steward in the same match??

Around the same time he was also fined for calling 1 particular referee "a muppet" which he later said was "the best 500 quid I ever spent"

Sorry mate, honestly wasn't supposed to be a dig! I misread the SWP bit, apols (I thought it was about the time SWP played for City and they beat us 3-0 and there was trouble between Wright in the crowd and our fans - just got mixed up there!). Think I was there that day he flicked the Vs at us!
[Post edited 5 Sep 2023 20:39]

Bare bones.

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 21:57 - Sep 5 with 1549 viewsdixiedean

Never saw Stan in Roddy’s ( my office is about 100 yards away) - the guvnor Richard is an Rs fan . Did often see Stanley in the Brentford pubs though eg The Griffin . OP asks about walking past a celeb, but presumably running also counts. A few months ago on my Sunday morning run near Beaconsfield I was overtaken by Sophie Raworth in the middle of nowhere. No shame in that as she’s a very good runner and runs a mean marathon.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 10:29 - Sep 6 with 1357 viewswombat

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 21:57 - Sep 5 by dixiedean

Never saw Stan in Roddy’s ( my office is about 100 yards away) - the guvnor Richard is an Rs fan . Did often see Stanley in the Brentford pubs though eg The Griffin . OP asks about walking past a celeb, but presumably running also counts. A few months ago on my Sunday morning run near Beaconsfield I was overtaken by Sophie Raworth in the middle of nowhere. No shame in that as she’s a very good runner and runs a mean marathon.

couple more to add recently

david walliams was on the same flight back recently after the BGT hassle he had spent about 20 mins talking to him as he waited for his bags at heathrow , really nice guy

at a gig in brighton few weeks ago john simm from life on mars fame was in the bar with us nice guy , fairly short though totally missed his missus ex dream team actress kate mcgowan whos still damn fit now .

was also drinking with the chief exec of kilrmarnock FC who said i quote micky beales a lovely guy , i quickly corrected her on that fact as in a nice but forceful manner

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 11:42 - Sep 6 with 1263 viewsHayesender

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 16:33 - Sep 5 by Yorkshirehoop

Sat in the barbers in St Alban's at the top of hollywell hill.
Looking in the mirror but not staring at the man next to me as you don't as a rule.
I finished my hair cut at exactly the same time as the man next to me.
Both stood up, it was the boxer Steve Collins in a scruffy green t shirt and jeans.
Let me tell you the man had killer eyes and the most ripped physique I've ever seen.
I'm not scared of much but that man scared the shit out of me.
The second one was John egg Prescott at Euston station when me and my mate were doing nights.

We bumped into John Prescott at Doncaster Station coming back from Hull. Think De Canio was manager at the time.

Someone shouted at him something about sucking on Tony's cock as he scuttled past us. Few days later he came out as having an eating disorder.

Coincidence? I think not

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 11:44 - Sep 6 with 1261 viewsHayesender

Oh yeah, and I was sat outside a bar in Benidorm in March. Recognised the fella sat at the table next to us, but couldn't remember his name.

It was Spencer Oliver, the former boxer

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 12:36 - Sep 6 with 1165 viewskensalriser

That reminds of the time I saw the actor who played Harry Cross in Brookside playing pool in a resort bar in the Algarve. The funny thing was, he seemed to be in character - same glasses, same posture, the whole thing - at which point I realised the actor and character were essentially one and the same.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 13:40 - Sep 6 with 1057 viewsSuperhoop83

I once met Matt Berry in the Rose & Crown in Clapham Old Town.

I don't normally say hello to strangers, but I was a huge fan of Garth Merenghi's Darkplace which was on TV at the time and told him so when we were both getting drinks. He was very friendly and told me that he was doing an ever better show called The Mighty Boosh (hmm).

This happened the evening before the 3-1 win at Sheffield Wednesday in May 2004 and I was due to watch the beam back at Loftus Road the next day. Sadly, I got so drunk that night that I had to get off the train at Wimbledon and head home on the Saturday lunchtime and get my wife to pick me up from our local station in a state of some distress.

I'll always regret missing the beam back but at least I got to meet Dr Lucien Sanchez MD.

Suffering since 1978.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024