Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity 18:37 - Jan 12 with 27621 viewsnumptydumpty

Next to Glenn Hoddle in queue at Tescos other day

Amazingly mate mine recognised Brian Hanrahan in Moon pub in Shepherd's Bush. 30 years after his famous Falkland BBC news

Saw Tony Meo next to Steve Davis, and randomly only recognised Tony Meo and Mr Steve heard my recognition of his mate as opposed to him !!!

Another friend randomly recognised Statto at Royal Ascot of Skinner and Baddiel fame.

Was sat next Steve Rider at Bracknell rugby game. Of Grandstand 'fame"

Few very z list celebs indeed

Anyone randomly bumped into any mega stars

Remember seeing Alan Ball pop into bookies in Portsmouth to check out his loser. No one said anything.

Saw Colin Jackson 100 metre hurdler in his GB kit at an airport in Milan, looked ridiculously healthy and fit.

Anyone had an exchange with a celeb....

I must be bored !!!! 😴
[Post edited 12 Jan 2023 18:38]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 13:50 - Sep 6 with 1108 viewsBostonR

Bon Scott of AC/DC in 1978 on the Powerage tour. A good school mate of mine worked at the Odeon and he got me in backstage. I watched them soundcheck Riff Raff and then Bon stopped to say hi to everyone.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 14:01 - Sep 6 with 1076 viewsHayesender

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 14:31 - Sep 5 by headhoops

Have been very lucky and in some cases not so lucky to meet in no particular order:
Tony Blair
Shinzo Abe
Laskmi Mittel
Flavio Briatore
Bernie Ecclestone
Prince Edward
Sir Les
Jim Gregory
Eric Bristow
Paul Weller
Brian O'Driscoll
Andy Farrell
Sit Trevor McDonald
Baldrick
Michael Caine (not many people know that)
Boy George
Timothy Spall
Martin Chivers
Ayrton Senna
Michael Schumacher
Damon Hill
Topper Headon
Norman Watt Roy
David Weir
Bryan Cranston
Sir Geoff Hurst
Numerous QPR players, Danny Shittu among the nicest.
Few more I forget and a ecletic bunch.

Finally one person I never want to meet again. Stood on my own watching my son playing cricket and he gets to bowl the final over. Group of parents from the oppostion standing in awe as Gary Lineaker plays court. He very loudly says to the group, watch this, my son George will cream this kid. My lad clean bowls him so I couldnt resist calling out, well bowled son, lucky the Lineakers are better at football. Horrible arrogant person.

That doesn't surprise me in the least about Lineker. Read a lot of stories over the years that he is an arrogant so and so.

And the least said about his brother the better

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 14:01 - Sep 6 with 1074 viewscolinallcars

On a slight tangent - I read this morning that the blue plaque scheme is going nationwide instead of just London.
I've always found them interesting.
Some in West London - Noel Coward, James Hunt, Hitchcock, Frank Whittle the jet engine man, Mahatma Ghandi ( yes, really ), Sid James, a few Gustav Holsts.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 15:11 - Sep 6 with 985 viewsCateLeBonR

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 14:01 - Sep 6 by colinallcars

On a slight tangent - I read this morning that the blue plaque scheme is going nationwide instead of just London.
I've always found them interesting.
Some in West London - Noel Coward, James Hunt, Hitchcock, Frank Whittle the jet engine man, Mahatma Ghandi ( yes, really ), Sid James, a few Gustav Holsts.

They may not be as widespread but I’m fairly sure that there are already blue plaques outside London? I certainly saw one for ‘Woodes Rogers - Great Seaman’ in Bristol years ago and apparently ABBA have one in Brighton. There’s quite a few I think.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 16:09 - Sep 6 with 870 viewsqueensparker

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 15:11 - Sep 6 by CateLeBonR

They may not be as widespread but I’m fairly sure that there are already blue plaques outside London? I certainly saw one for ‘Woodes Rogers - Great Seaman’ in Bristol years ago and apparently ABBA have one in Brighton. There’s quite a few I think.

We've got one on our flat in Brighton for an author Edward Carpenter. I really should read one of his books one day
[Post edited 6 Sep 2023 16:13]
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 16:11 - Sep 6 with 867 viewsTheChef

Yeah strange I'm fairly sure I've seen them outside of London.

Mandela Effect??

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 16:13 - Sep 6 with 859 viewscolinallcars

Just checked the story in the Times, they definitely say London only.
I seem to remember though that there is a sort of less official blue plaque that maybe can be seen around the country. To qualify for the London blue plaque:

Must be dead for at least twenty years
Not a fictional character
Must have lived in London

Stop press….just seen that there are 34 plaques outside London that were fitted between 2000 and 2005 but then reverted to London only.
Can't have these provincials having blue plaques donchaknow old bean.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024