Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Gallen has left Charlton 19:40 - Aug 2 with 19936 viewsBakes

It’s happening..

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 17:59 - Sep 9 with 1072 viewsdaveB

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 10:07 - Sep 9 by DejR_vu

I would imagine the owners would be looking at the last one and thinking, ‘what was the point of that?’, and they’ll see if they think GA does a better job.

FWIW, I think we need a DoF, especially with these owners. But, like almost everything else, they’re incapable of doing it right and making the right appointment. A bad appointment is as bad, or even worse, than not making one at all. The fact is, we had a DoF for eight or nine years, and look at the state he left the club in.

We've had a DOF or someone in a similar role for the last 20 years. Les wasn't the first one
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 19:13 - Sep 9 with 947 viewsCateLeBonR

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 17:06 - Sep 9 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't think we do, Cate.

Ainsworth has said that he's in charge of transfers. Hoos, naturally, has no experience in recuitment. That's fine, but imagine he gets sacked and Redknapp is appointed in the morning. Who in Rangers has the knowledge to stop him stripping us again?

It's a difficult decision for the club I think Brian. I think ideally we need to look within and I know you say Hoos has no recruitment experience but he's worked alongside a DOF (or similar) here and in his previous jobs (I think) so must know a lot about it. It's very easy to pigeonhole people, not that I'm suggesting you are.

I do agree about the need for a fallback if things go bad. The question is if not Les then who? Or what?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024