Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? 22:00 - Jun 8 with 5551 viewsPompey_Fans_CF

Walsall at home in the League Cup - September 1970. Won 1-0. Norman Piper scored?

Play up Pompey!

It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 22:04 - Jun 8 with 4025 viewsdickiereynolds

Versus QPR, September 1969. 1-3 reverse,Hiron scored. Venebles and Marsh played. QPR keeper broke his leg-challenged by Pointer. Proper football!!!
It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 22:11 - Jun 8 with 4018 viewsPompey_Fans_CF

It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 22:04 - Jun 8 by dickiereynolds

Versus QPR, September 1969. 1-3 reverse,Hiron scored. Venebles and Marsh played. QPR keeper broke his leg-challenged by Pointer. Proper football!!!

Proper Pompey. We even manage to crock the opposition keeper with no subs either and still lose...
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Play up Pompey!

It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 22:13 - Jun 8 with 4000 viewsPissTake_peg

Some time in 1899. Clapham I think it was.

Quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 22:14 - Jun 8 with 3999 viewscanute

Boro cup game 1-1, still get confused about offside. I'm considerably younger than you.

Heaven's Light Our Guide

It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 22:15 - Jun 8 with 4000 viewsdickiereynolds

It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 22:11 - Jun 8 by Pompey_Fans_CF

Proper Pompey. We even manage to crock the opposition keeper with no subs either and still lose...
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

No plastic fans. Standing on terraces. With hindsight I wished we had never visited the Premier League.
It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 22:19 - Jun 8 with 3989 viewsPompey_Fans_CF

It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 22:14 - Jun 8 by canute

Boro cup game 1-1, still get confused about offside. I'm considerably younger than you.

What a game that was. Jeff Hemmerman will always be a legend to me, but that goal would have made him immortal... Robbed.

Play up Pompey!

It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 00:27 - Jun 9 with 3978 viewsKT4Blue

August 1975 1-1 v Nottingham Forest
It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 09:55 - Jun 9 with 3967 viewstarby

It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 00:27 - Jun 9 by KT4Blue

August 1975 1-1 v Nottingham Forest

Bristol City 73/74ish
1-1
Loads of aggro, no arrests just clipped ears from coppers. Proper football
Login to get fewer ads

It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 11:28 - Jun 9 with 3955 viewspompeychris

It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 09:55 - Jun 9 by tarby

Bristol City 73/74ish
1-1
Loads of aggro, no arrests just clipped ears from coppers. Proper football

1998 Vs Grimsby lost 0-1
It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 11:40 - Jun 9 with 3953 viewsaberdeenpompey

It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 11:28 - Jun 9 by pompeychris

1998 Vs Grimsby lost 0-1

Was very young at the time, so can't be sure, but think it was the Newport FA Cup game, early 70's. I seem to recall a player getting stretchered off with a broken leg.
It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 13:01 - Jun 9 with 3943 viewsMick_Stainsby

!962 or thereabouts v Rotherham 1-1.
It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 13:13 - Jun 9 with 3939 viewsexmanager

1st game Fulham away 68 cup match
1st home game - the replay, 44,050
It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 13:13 - Jun 9 with 3937 viewsDeepBlue

Home to Bury 7th May 1966. Won 4-0. Lewis, Portwood, McCann & McClelland scored and I remember a young amateur right back called Derek Gamblin played his one and only game for the club.
It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 14:08 - Jun 9 with 3928 viewsblueshark

It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 13:13 - Jun 9 by DeepBlue

Home to Bury 7th May 1966. Won 4-0. Lewis, Portwood, McCann & McClelland scored and I remember a young amateur right back called Derek Gamblin played his one and only game for the club.

4-0 win v Norwich around 66/67.
It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 15:09 - Jun 9 with 3925 viewsDeepBlue

It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 13:13 - Jun 9 by exmanager

1st game Fulham away 68 cup match
1st home game - the replay, 44,050

That Fulham cup tie was my first ever away game.

Some bastards nicked my brand new scarf on Putney Bridge and threw it in the water. They were Chelsea though, which is just as well cos it would have been really hard to hate Fulham all these years.
It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 15:40 - Jun 9 with 3921 viewsAlbanBlue

My first game was Villa on 15/3/1958
1-0....A. Govan scored
Pompey played Villa on 15/3/2008 exactlly 50 years later and won 2-0, which until this last season, was my last game at FP
It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 16:07 - Jun 9 with 3915 viewsColossos

Not sure cos I was five.

I do remember Playing Cardiff City in 1967 when John Toshack was making a name for himself. I clearly remember aksing me Dad why the Fratton End were singing 'Toshack is a Fairy'

Happy dayz
It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 16:37 - Jun 9 with 3906 viewsRick_Pumpkin

It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 22:04 - Jun 8 by dickiereynolds

1-1 at home to Millwall on September 25th, 1971. Bloke in a blue shirt scored for us but that's all I can remember.
It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 18:38 - Jun 9 with 3891 viewsstumpypfc

It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 16:37 - Jun 9 by Rick_Pumpkin

1-1 at home to Millwall on September 25th, 1971. Bloke in a blue shirt scored for us but that's all I can remember.

Albies testimonial.
73 I think?
It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 18:40 - Jun 9 with 3889 viewsAxel_Foley

It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 16:37 - Jun 9 by Rick_Pumpkin

Pompey 4 Bradford 0 on Saturday 3rd May 1986.

I ain't fallin' for no banana in the tailpipe...!

It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 22:38 - Jun 9 with 3850 viewsPompey_Fans_CF

It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 11:40 - Jun 9 by aberdeenpompey

Was very young at the time, so can't be sure, but think it was the Newport FA Cup game, early 70's. I seem to recall a player getting stretchered off with a broken leg.

That would be the league game against Newport in October 1979. We lost 2-0. Howard someone or another was he bloke stretchered off. We beat Newport 1-0 in the Cup the following month.

Play up Pompey!

It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 22:41 - Jun 9 with 3848 viewsPompey_Fans_CF

It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 15:40 - Jun 9 by AlbanBlue

My first game was Villa on 15/3/1958
1-0....A. Govan scored
Pompey played Villa on 15/3/2008 exactlly 50 years later and won 2-0, which until this last season, was my last game at FP

Alban! Long time no see in these parts...

Tu vas bien?

Play up Pompey!

It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 23:07 - Jun 9 with 3845 viewsPFC_GStanB

v Everton 1987... Lost 1-0 and Kevin Dillon & Mick Kennedy got sent off ffs.

Poll: What routine is more "Southampton"?

It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 23:10 - Jun 9 with 3844 viewsPFCBill

Coventry 1967 lost 0-2
It's an old one, but in honour of the new board: What's your first Pompey game? on 09:54 - Jun 10 with 3820 viewsBlueEspana

Sept 1977 at home to Colchester, a midweek game in the old div 3, 0-0 and seem to recall a missed pernalty, think it was Colin Garwood ...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024