Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DAVE BOWERS: Bally's Boys of '87 - now that's what I call a special team... 16:54 - Jun 15 with 2786 viewsPompey_Fans_CF

Latest from pompey-fans.com
I can’t recall when I first visited Fratton Park; it would have been either ’69 or ’70. I was very young. I do, however, remember that from the time I started going until the tail end of the ‘70s Pompey were, not to put too fine a point on it … shit http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/portsmouth/fb_news.php?storyid=17295&title
Fri 15th Jun 2012 16:45
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Play up Pompey!

DAVE BOWERS: Bally's Boys of '87 - now that's what I call a special team... on 18:15 - Jun 15 with 2776 viewsblueshark

Dave, just to point out something Mate. We went up in 2nd place in 87. Derby won the league.
Liked that editorial, brought some memories of Bally's "mongrels" as he called them.
Particularly upset when we flogged Yosser & Cally before the top flight season though. Deacon really ripped the guts out of that team by flogging Kennedy in Jan 88.
DAVE BOWERS: Bally's Boys of '87 - now that's what I call a special team... on 20:48 - Jun 19 with 2746 viewsRick_Pumpkin

Still got that copy of On The Ball and also had a copy of the cover framed on my office wall. Well I did until a Brum fan nicked it.

They were great days and arguably the happiest times I spent watching Pompey, although the Frank Burrows days came a very close second. Years after he left us I met Scully whilst he was at Chesterfield, following a game against Walsall. I mentioned the singing on the Guildhall steps and the whole promotion season and his response after a brief pause was "best days of my life". He didn't need to say any more than that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024