Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
players pay stance 18:43 - Jul 22 with 2752 viewsdodgycurry

my views on the pompey players pay stance.

http://portus-eg.blogspot.co.uk/
players pay stance on 20:05 - Jul 23 with 2728 viewsRick_Pumpkin

Wise words, but isn't it a fact that if the players hang on and the club is liquidated, then they are football creditors whose monies owed is paid out of the sale of the assets of PFC?

The day after the club is liquidated they can move to anyone who wants them, minus a transfer fee, and are still owed their money from the ruins of PFC.

Even if they don't get 100% of the outstanding wages/bonuses, it'll still be a damned site more than if they were to transfer whilst PFC still exists, agreeing to relinquish a claim for that cash. Plus of course if the buying club then becomes the signing club (i.e. they don't have to pay a transfer fee), you'd expect the player moving would benefit by receiving a larger salary and/or signing on bonus.

There's a reason those few are going through the motions at Eastleigh every day.
players pay stance on 20:54 - Jul 23 with 2723 viewsdodgycurry

players pay stance on 20:05 - Jul 23 by Rick_Pumpkin

Wise words, but isn't it a fact that if the players hang on and the club is liquidated, then they are football creditors whose monies owed is paid out of the sale of the assets of PFC?

The day after the club is liquidated they can move to anyone who wants them, minus a transfer fee, and are still owed their money from the ruins of PFC.

Even if they don't get 100% of the outstanding wages/bonuses, it'll still be a damned site more than if they were to transfer whilst PFC still exists, agreeing to relinquish a claim for that cash. Plus of course if the buying club then becomes the signing club (i.e. they don't have to pay a transfer fee), you'd expect the player moving would benefit by receiving a larger salary and/or signing on bonus.

There's a reason those few are going through the motions at Eastleigh every day.

hi rick, thanks for looking at my blog.

if the club is liquidated, the para payments go back to the PL so no money there for players as the PL rules say for now. It might be the players get some slick lawyer to fight for their cut out of the para payments but it would be a test case, never done before, bit risky and expensive to try.

Also, the meagre assets PFC has will be sold after liquidation, mainly the sale of FP itself. In liquidation it might fetch £2 to 2.5m. Out of that comes PKF fees of about a £million which takes precedence, leaving £1.5m or thereabouts to be divided between the 8 players, chainrai and hundreds of the other creditors.

They will get more if they accept a compromise deal in instalments. They will get nothing if they insist on being paid cash up front now, no one has that kind of available cash to pay them off.
players pay stance on 11:13 - Jul 24 with 2702 viewsSJMaskell

players pay stance on 20:54 - Jul 23 by dodgycurry

hi rick, thanks for looking at my blog.

if the club is liquidated, the para payments go back to the PL so no money there for players as the PL rules say for now. It might be the players get some slick lawyer to fight for their cut out of the para payments but it would be a test case, never done before, bit risky and expensive to try.

Also, the meagre assets PFC has will be sold after liquidation, mainly the sale of FP itself. In liquidation it might fetch £2 to 2.5m. Out of that comes PKF fees of about a £million which takes precedence, leaving £1.5m or thereabouts to be divided between the 8 players, chainrai and hundreds of the other creditors.

They will get more if they accept a compromise deal in instalments. They will get nothing if they insist on being paid cash up front now, no one has that kind of available cash to pay them off.

Bottom line is - Chainrai wants to pay players back over four years. PP run out after two.

Would you trust a four year pay out plan from Chainrai?

And Chainrai's is still the only bid that is being negotiated on.
players pay stance on 12:34 - Jul 24 with 2700 viewsdodgycurry

totally agree SJ, see my blog, I do refer to that very thing.

The para payments are key to chainrai but also to the trust. one wants to spirit them away in a falcondronesque manner, one wants to use them as they should have been used for in the first place - to help the club pay its way on the road to stability.

The poker game continues.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024