Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goodbye old friend 21:06 - Oct 20 with 4332 viewsPureRockFury

We've had some good times over the years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24580130

Even the bad times were good.

Goodbye old friend on 21:10 - Oct 20 with 4320 viewsJackfath

Wonder what everyone will use now?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Goodbye old friend on 21:12 - Oct 20 with 4310 viewsC_jack

Right pain in the bum, going to have to find a new site now.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Goodbye old friend on 21:15 - Oct 20 with 4293 viewsBLAZE

http://watchseries.lt/

I use streams now, saves the hassle of downloading
Goodbye old friend on 21:18 - Oct 20 with 4279 viewsJackfath

Goodbye old friend on 21:15 - Oct 20 by BLAZE

I like the look of that old blazey bonce. Nice one.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Goodbye old friend on 21:20 - Oct 20 with 4272 viewsPureRockFury

Not sure, I've used IsoHunt for the best part of 7 years, never needed any other sites.

To be fair, some parts of the legit industry have got their act together and I use Netflix and Spotify for more and more stuff these days, and both sites mean I use torrents less and less.

In terms of music especially, the cost of buying legit downloads is getting much more realistic - I've bought new albums for just a few quid, and am happy to do so. It was when music companies were charging £15.99 for new albums that people laughed in their face and took to the torrent sites.

Goodbye old friend on 21:26 - Oct 20 with 4253 viewsjack_lord

Isohunt is still working (apparantly).

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Goodbye old friend on 21:29 - Oct 20 with 4232 viewsC_jack

Goodbye old friend on 21:20 - Oct 20 by PureRockFury

Not sure, I've used IsoHunt for the best part of 7 years, never needed any other sites.

To be fair, some parts of the legit industry have got their act together and I use Netflix and Spotify for more and more stuff these days, and both sites mean I use torrents less and less.

In terms of music especially, the cost of buying legit downloads is getting much more realistic - I've bought new albums for just a few quid, and am happy to do so. It was when music companies were charging £15.99 for new albums that people laughed in their face and took to the torrent sites.

Yeah I don't mind paying £5 a month for Netflix, especially if you download something that gets you the US version as well. Never really bothered with Spotify, is there a limit to the amount of music you can access?

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Goodbye old friend on 21:42 - Oct 20 with 4214 viewsPureRockFury

Goodbye old friend on 21:29 - Oct 20 by C_jack

Yeah I don't mind paying £5 a month for Netflix, especially if you download something that gets you the US version as well. Never really bothered with Spotify, is there a limit to the amount of music you can access?

I pay a tenner a month for the full-fat Spotify so I can access everything on my phone as well, so there aren't any restrictions apart from what they have in their catalogue. I think the free version has limits of sorts, but mainly just the odd annoying advert every few songs you listen to and a limit on the number of times you listen to a particular song.

Not all artists/labels are signed up to Spotify though and so there are gaps in the catalogue that may be a deal-breaker for some, but I find most stuff that I want is on there, including some very obscure bands and niche classical music, and I've found so many great new bands on there through browsing the related artists of bands I like and using the various apps on there. I can't imagine doing without it - or a similar service - ever again.

Login to get fewer ads

Goodbye old friend on 00:04 - Oct 21 with 4144 viewsrob

Pah! I've been using newsgroups for 15 years, they will never be stopped.
Goodbye old friend on 07:09 - Oct 21 with 4106 viewsDr_Winston

Goodbye old friend on 21:15 - Oct 20 by BLAZE

That's a handy link. I used to use the streaming facility on XBMC but that just went tits up so this is helpful.

You got one that does movies too?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Goodbye old friend on 10:33 - Oct 21 with 4050 viewsBLAZE

I do on my home computer ye, I'll post a link later. The problem with streams is that it can sometimes take 3 or 4 minutes to find one that actually works from their list. But I can't remember not finding one eventually.

Kiss Ass Torrents a good site for torrents too. The site is regularly shut down but pops up again with a new domain

http://proxykat.me/
Goodbye old friend on 12:44 - Oct 21 with 4019 viewsjackb

isohunt just pointed to torrents on other sites - they're still there - will just be more difficult to find, have to look at each site in turn
Goodbye old friend on 13:42 - Oct 21 with 3979 viewswr72

just found the sopranos on Blazes's link.

Goodbye old friend on 13:49 - Oct 21 with 3970 viewsjunior_jack

Goodbye old friend on 12:44 - Oct 21 by jackb

isohunt just pointed to torrents on other sites - they're still there - will just be more difficult to find, have to look at each site in turn

Try replacing it with this;

http://torrentz.me/
Goodbye old friend on 13:53 - Oct 21 with 3961 viewsUxbridge

Ah terrible news. Isohunt was pretty much the most complete site you could find.

To be honest not really downloaded anything for ages, since getting my Netflix and Sony Unlimited subs. The media industry might have moaned about the destructive nature of online piracy but it took the likes of isohunt, piratebay and megaupload to made the industry improve the product for the public.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Goodbye old friend on 20:25 - Oct 21 with 3883 viewsBLAZE

Goodbye old friend on 07:09 - Oct 21 by Dr_Winston

That's a handy link. I used to use the streaming facility on XBMC but that just went tits up so this is helpful.

You got one that does movies too?

This post has been edited by an administrator

http://www.alluc.to/ is the site I use. Never had a problem finding what I wanted on there, though I rarely watch films these days

Saying that it seems a lot of stuff has been removed since I last used it
[Post edited 21 Oct 2013 20:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024