Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your First South Wales Derby? 22:01 - Oct 30 with 10838 viewsPureRockFury

Mine was the FA Cup game in '91 where we won 2-1 at the Vetch. A game forever etched onto my memory, everything about that day seemed so vital and electric. I was 15 and had all the heady passion of derby fervour minus the cynicism that creeps in as you get older; Wonderful stuff.

'2-1, we beat the scum 2-1...' a North Bank anthem.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2013 5:18]

Even the bad times were good.

Your First SW Derby? on 22:04 - Oct 30 with 10821 viewsCaptain_Sham

By strange coincidence I had just put this is the other thread but this also fits here.

Its just a ride.

Your First SW Derby? on 22:08 - Oct 30 with 10803 viewsOldjack

1 January 1980 ,they tried to shag our swan on the centre circle the kanttts

thee was one in the sixties ,just cant quite remember most of it though

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Your First SW Derby? on 22:11 - Oct 30 with 10787 viewsmikecranleigh

Your First SW Derby? on 22:04 - Oct 30 by Captain_Sham

By strange coincidence I had just put this is the other thread but this also fits here.

My first too,remember being almost in tears going home.
Your First SW Derby? on 22:14 - Oct 30 with 10773 viewsCaptain_Sham

Your First SW Derby? on 22:08 - Oct 30 by Oldjack

it was the game the following season when they tried to hump the swan. April 81. the day Phil dwyer tried to bump off various patrons of the Centre stand with an assortment of rocketed clearances into said stand. He did one diving header and I swear he broke the world long jump record in the process.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2013 22:15]

Its just a ride.

Your First SW Derby? on 22:23 - Oct 30 with 10737 viewsOldjack

Your First SW Derby? on 22:14 - Oct 30 by Captain_Sham

it was the game the following season when they tried to hump the swan. April 81. the day Phil dwyer tried to bump off various patrons of the Centre stand with an assortment of rocketed clearances into said stand. He did one diving header and I swear he broke the world long jump record in the process.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2013 22:15]

it was the game the following season when they tried to hump the swan ,are you sure ? i'm sure it was the January one ,perhaps they did it twice lol

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Your First SW Derby? on 00:24 - Oct 31 with 10603 viewsepaul

Your First SW Derby? on 22:11 - Oct 30 by mikecranleigh

My first too,remember being almost in tears going home.

My first one too, in fact I'm sure I just saw myself down the front at the side of the goal on that vid, didnt really but was there

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Your First South Wales Derby? on 03:05 - Oct 31 with 10389 viewsSwansNZ

Mine was also that most wonderful of starts to a new year - New Years Day 1980 - Toshack and Giles, 2-1

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Your First SW Derby? on 10:41 - Oct 31 with 10271 viewsCaptain_Sham

Your First SW Derby? on 22:23 - Oct 30 by Oldjack

it was the game the following season when they tried to hump the swan ,are you sure ? i'm sure it was the January one ,perhaps they did it twice lol

Well I played football the day of the Jan 80 game and didnt go to the vetch that day. Maybe it did happen twice because I was definitely(99.999% allowing for juvenile drug use) there when it happened.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2013 10:42]

Its just a ride.

Login to get fewer ads

Your First South Wales Derby? on 10:53 - Oct 31 with 10253 viewsorion3016

84 when we won 3-2 and Saunders scored 2 I think

Be over there now after

Your First South Wales Derby? on 13:04 - Oct 31 with 10202 viewsDrWig

Welsh Cup Final '82. 2-1 again. Scariest atmosphere ever-especially when Ante was sent off.

Favourite was the 'snow' game with Mark Aizlewood's Bambi on ice impression.

The only alternative to the spectacle is the spectacle of the alternative.

Your First South Wales Derby? on 13:14 - Oct 31 with 10190 viewswr72

Your First South Wales Derby? on 13:04 - Oct 31 by DrWig

Welsh Cup Final '82. 2-1 again. Scariest atmosphere ever-especially when Ante was sent off.

Favourite was the 'snow' game with Mark Aizlewood's Bambi on ice impression.

Same here. I can remember Ante pulling down their striker as he was clean through.Easy decision for the ref.
Your First South Wales Derby? on 13:20 - Oct 31 with 10173 viewsperchrockjack

sixties /seventiessomething and Brian Clark springs to mind

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Your First South Wales Derby? on 13:48 - Oct 31 with 10145 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

1st one I'm sure we won 4-1 about 95ish. Had been going to the vetch for years but the old girl would never let the old man take me to the cardiff games.

Was it around 98 when Andy Mac and Boundy scored 2nd half after we got destroyed 1st half? That along with the clip below are possibly my 2 favourite derby moments

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Your First South Wales Derby? on 20:11 - Oct 31 with 10023 viewsmalagajack

jan 1980, pretty sure that was the one with the swan in the centre circle, lots of scarves set on fire too - by both sides and a few cardiff fans kicked off in the north bank if i remember rightly shortly after kickoff.
Your First South Wales Derby? on 20:47 - Oct 31 with 9981 viewsEdmundo

The 3-3 draw with that bucannan goal!
1980 and god was it frightening, even back then!
They were lobbing bricks over the uncovered terrace most of the game, glad my old man was with us!

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Your First South Wales Derby? on 21:38 - Oct 31 with 9926 viewslonglostjack

That was my first derby too - I can see that bloody free kick to this day.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Your First South Wales Derby? on 21:40 - Oct 31 with 9911 viewsblaenaugwentjack

My first derby was 1998 at the vetch, they went in 1 nil up, and if i remember right it should have been more. John the flying postman williams missed a few sitters for them. Think he might have scored not sure tho. Any way out we came secound half and the north bank just kept singing black and white barmy army for 20 minutes or more non stop. This just lifted the team and we won 2 one. It was the north bank that won the match for the swans that day.
Your First SW Derby? on 21:55 - Oct 31 with 9857 viewsGeoffThom

Your First SW Derby? on 22:04 - Oct 30 by Captain_Sham

I ws there that day and what always sticks with me with that clip is the amount of swans fans all around the ground you watch the stands after the goals by us ,by the way tosh never forgave Stewart for that goal in the end
Your First South Wales Derby? on 21:55 - Oct 31 with 9857 viewscentrestandswan

Remember seeing the Swans win on a penalty shootout at Ninian Park mid to late sixties Welsh Cup Final I think, and late sixties Swans won again and the idiots were attacking our bus in the car park at Cardiff.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Your First South Wales Derby? on 22:08 - Oct 31 with 9839 viewsGeoffThom

The first derby that sticks out for me was a welsh cup game I think it was 76 ,Eddie May was playing for us and we drew up there ,when people say the violence started in 81 bollocks ,their mob used to be on the grange end which was a covered bank in those days and our mob was on it early and the scum would not come up from the corner as the swans boys kept charging them ,eventually the old bill moved us to the bob bank were again we ruled the roost ,replay played at the vetch with the biggest crowd we had seen for years Sullivan was full back for them and they beat us 2-0 I think devastated
[Post edited 31 Oct 2013 22:09]
Your First SW Derby? on 22:42 - Oct 31 with 9782 viewscanhecatchit

Your First SW Derby? on 22:08 - Oct 30 by Oldjack

Yep remember that well, some tw@t in a Blue tracky with yellow stripe all the way down it ran out and shagged the Swan on the pitch

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

Your First SW Derby? on 08:25 - Nov 1 with 9661 viewsOldjack

Your First SW Derby? on 22:42 - Oct 31 by canhecatchit

Yep remember that well, some tw@t in a Blue tracky with yellow stripe all the way down it ran out and shagged the Swan on the pitch

the swan beat him up

Your First South Wales Derby? on 08:54 - Nov 1 with 9642 viewsWarwickHunt

Your First South Wales Derby? on 22:08 - Oct 31 by GeoffThom

The first derby that sticks out for me was a welsh cup game I think it was 76 ,Eddie May was playing for us and we drew up there ,when people say the violence started in 81 bollocks ,their mob used to be on the grange end which was a covered bank in those days and our mob was on it early and the scum would not come up from the corner as the swans boys kept charging them ,eventually the old bill moved us to the bob bank were again we ruled the roost ,replay played at the vetch with the biggest crowd we had seen for years Sullivan was full back for them and they beat us 2-0 I think devastated
[Post edited 31 Oct 2013 22:09]

I remember that.

Also one in about '72, night match. Kicked off every 10-15 minutes all match along the Bob Bank. About 20 of us ended in up in the bottom corner - conspicuous as f*ck...

Happy days!
[Post edited 1 Nov 2013 9:04]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024