Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Train strike saturday 21:35 - Sep 25 with 5503 viewsactonman

Have just seen there is another train strike Saturday ? Are these rrrs holes takin the fkn p!ss

Aswell as having to drive again and giving up my pre match tipple , I also have to pay that other fkn lower than a snakes belly tw@t £12.50 for the privilege!

Country is a joke ! It was easier getting about during covid
Train strike saturday on 19:10 - Sep 27 with 1224 viewsBoston

Train strike saturday on 10:00 - Sep 27 by Watford_Ranger

Out of curiosity I had a look Brighton-Victoria which at the weekend is about £24 by train and around 90 mins including the extra bit to Rangers.

Firstly it’s sold out which is fair enough for a train strike day.

£35 for the return which will take fk knows how long with the roads busy, London traffic and stopping at Gatwick or wherever. £2.50 if you want to reserve a seat and £20 if you want to have a suitcase. Including getting to/from Loftus Road that must be a good 2.5hrs each way.

It’s probably not a bad alternative if I was coming home from a midweek away and trains had stopped running but pretty naff as an option for a Saturday game IMO, which it isn’t anyway as understandably demand > supply.

A mate of mine travelled from Brighton to Victoria three weeks ago, cost him thirty one ish. Ooh, not sure if it was a Saturday.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Train strike saturday on 20:50 - Sep 27 with 1109 viewsEsox_Lucius

I'll be driving to the game with Dave so I will have space for 2/3 at a bit of a squeeze people. Pick up at Hillingdon Station between 11 -11:15 as we need to be at LR at .midday. If you are interested pm me and we can sort the details out.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2023 14:07]

The grass is always greener.

Train strike saturday on 21:30 - Sep 27 with 1078 viewsNed_Kennedys

Train strike saturday on 19:46 - Sep 26 by WokingR

It doesn’t really matter how good a point you make now.
Because they have decided to target people’s leisure time by striking at weekends they have long since lost any public sympathy and the general attitude is now f*cik them.

I bet those who support the train strikes on this thread have access to a car.
For those without this luxury the strikes cause endless problems.
Train strike saturday on 15:38 - Sep 28 with 924 viewsLazyFan

Train strike saturday on 21:30 - Sep 27 by Ned_Kennedys

I bet those who support the train strikes on this thread have access to a car.
For those without this luxury the strikes cause endless problems.

You would be wrong, the better half drives, I don't.
I use public transport.

Though I use the Tube and not Train lines and that's govt run to be fair so, not the same as the Trains agreed.

zzzzzzzzzz

Train strike saturday on 14:00 - Sep 29 with 770 viewsplasmahoop

I'm a bit more sympathetic with the train strikes than other strikes, as I think there should be ticket offices and guards on trains.
It's where we seem to be uniquely disadvantaged in this country. Nothing run by the government ever works properly, but just privatising a monopoly was stupid. State run things in other countries see to function OK, but British rail was never that great. Having a secure job with an excellent pension seems to make people lazy
Train strike saturday on 19:23 - Sep 30 with 577 viewsNoDiddley

Train strike saturday on 14:00 - Sep 29 by plasmahoop

I'm a bit more sympathetic with the train strikes than other strikes, as I think there should be ticket offices and guards on trains.
It's where we seem to be uniquely disadvantaged in this country. Nothing run by the government ever works properly, but just privatising a monopoly was stupid. State run things in other countries see to function OK, but British rail was never that great. Having a secure job with an excellent pension seems to make people lazy

I couldn’t get to LR from Essex how the fcuk did all the Coventry fans get there??
Train strike saturday on 19:39 - Sep 30 with 533 viewssixnil

Live near Cov, 4.5 hours on bus/tube to get to LR..enjoyed some beers though..every cloud
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024