Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apologies Mr Redknapp 20:25 - Jan 18 with 5568 viewsbloberts

I was really p*ssed when we didn't sign Nakhi Wells but on the evidence of today, he was indeed a good thing to avoid. He scored but his general play was atrocious at times.

Apologies for abusing you Mr Redknapp

Poll: Who did you vote for as player of the season?

Apologies Mr Redknapp on 20:33 - Jan 18 with 4749 viewsdanehoop

At the same time, he is young and it is the first week for him in a new team the league above he has previously been playing in, He has still managed to score two goals in two games, including away against the meanest defence in the Championship. Not sure he is too rubbish, raw and learning certainly, but hell of a goal scoring record.

Never knowingly understood

Apologies Mr Redknapp on 20:33 - Jan 18 with 4744 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

He did look pretty lightweight at times and fell over far too easily far too often and sometimes unchallenged, luckily for us. He looks too small and feeble. Still, he scored, and he'll score plenty but basis what we saw I hope we go for (and get!) better.
Apologies Mr Redknapp on 20:34 - Jan 18 with 4729 viewslongbottom

Can't agree with this. Looked a bit of a handful in the first half and then got the equaliser. True, he faded the longer the game went on but I think they've got a good 'un there.
Apologies Mr Redknapp on 20:40 - Jan 18 with 4656 viewsDylanP

Wow, I would find it hard to disagree more. He has played one and a half games for Huddersfield and already has two goals. Strikers are paid to score goals and nothing else really matters. Strikers often look poor when they are not scoring. But you don't look at that. You look at their scoring rate. I thought he was their biggest threat and will get plenty of goals this season. I would be shocked if he didn't score at least 10 goals in a little over half a season for a mid-table side. He is young and coachable and I cannot understand why we let him slip through our fingers.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Apologies Mr Redknapp on 20:42 - Jan 18 with 4630 viewsBasingstokeR

I thought he looked good, their other players who had shots on goal in the first half were criminal in their finishing.
Apologies Mr Redknapp on 20:59 - Jan 18 with 4514 viewssmegma

He scored against the meanest defence but he's still rubbish ????

I've read it all now.
Apologies Mr Redknapp on 21:06 - Jan 18 with 4462 viewsAntti_Heinola

Astonishing OP. I thought Wells was excellent. Fast, busy, brave, scored a great header, laid one on a plate for his strike partner, showed for the ball, was willing to run with it. Thought he looked really good. Now that may just be the bounce of being at a new club, so I wouldn't get carried away, but to say he was atrocious at times... I just can't see what game you were watching. Caused our two CBs plenty of problems.
Austin's better though ;)

Bare bones.

Apologies Mr Redknapp on 21:10 - Jan 18 with 4429 viewsbloberts

As I am getting slagged off, I will try and justify.
All strikers have an initial honeymoon period, and I feel that when it is over he will not score goals. In a league where all the top teams have giant bulldozer defenders I just cannot see him doing well.
Maybe atrocious was too strong a word.....

Poll: Who did you vote for as player of the season?

Login to get fewer ads

Apologies Mr Redknapp on 21:12 - Jan 18 with 4424 viewsizlingtonhoop

Apologies Mr Redknapp on 20:42 - Jan 18 by BasingstokeR

I thought he looked good, their other players who had shots on goal in the first half were criminal in their finishing.

Apart from falling over unchallenged I thought he looked pretty dangerous.
It was only the other forwards' astonishing (lack of) finishing in the first half that left us with any chance...
Apologies Mr Redknapp on 21:23 - Jan 18 with 4361 viewsDesertBoot

Blimey! Wells was a constant menace, didn't stop trying bad deserved his goal. A young and raw talent we can only dream of.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Apologies Mr Redknapp on 21:36 - Jan 18 with 4282 viewsShotKneesHoop

Apologies Mr Redknapp on 21:23 - Jan 18 by DesertBoot

Blimey! Wells was a constant menace, didn't stop trying bad deserved his goal. A young and raw talent we can only dream of.

No good to us then.

Young and raw talent means if you're registered with QPR, you're off to Crewe, Rotherham, Wycombe, Gillingham...

Why did you bother, Bircham?

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Apologies Mr Redknapp on 21:57 - Jan 18 with 4199 viewsDylanP

Apologies Mr Redknapp on 21:10 - Jan 18 by bloberts

As I am getting slagged off, I will try and justify.
All strikers have an initial honeymoon period, and I feel that when it is over he will not score goals. In a league where all the top teams have giant bulldozer defenders I just cannot see him doing well.
Maybe atrocious was too strong a word.....

Was just disagreeing. Didn't mean to be slagging you off. Its a game of opinions and you are entitled to yours.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Apologies Mr Redknapp on 22:07 - Jan 18 with 4163 viewsbosh67

I thought Wells looked raw but he knows where the goal is. He has the movement of a younger AJ and is that kind of player. I actually think we have missed out there. Loads of mistakes but took his goal well and found lots of space.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Apologies Mr Redknapp on 22:33 - Jan 18 with 4056 viewsLoftusRdW12

I enjoyed Huddersfield's (and Wells') performance but they (he) had nothing to lose today.

I think our team deserve more credit for their achievements. Charlie Austin was excellent today!
[Post edited 18 Jan 2014 22:35]

"I still don't know who scored our first and third goals. I'll have a look tonight." Neil Warnock

Apologies Mr Redknapp on 23:17 - Jan 18 with 3882 viewsEalingRanger

The only thing he seems to have is pace, useless otherwise.
Apologies Mr Redknapp on 00:20 - Jan 19 with 3753 viewskensalriser

Sounds like you were still pissed when watching the game. Time to cut down on the sauce?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Apologies Mr Redknapp on 00:40 - Jan 19 with 3701 viewsPommyhoop

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/100000/carroll/#14

bloberts says..

''
The stats show we earn more points per game, score more goals etc. when he plays. No other midfielder picks up the ball from the cb's and tries to move us forward positively, yes he gives away a few passes but he is still a developing young player, the only way he will learn and develop is through playing and, maybe making a few mistakes. Us English fans much prefer to have some c*nt like Barton going around the pitch hacking people down and always going for the Hollywood pass, and that is why there are no good English cm's about!
If our fans hadn't decided to turn into a bunch of Arsenal/Spurs type fans then maybe he and the team may be able to express themselves and perform better.
RANT OVER. - ;

Nice to see some consistancy on giving youth a chance.
God bless them magic Spud boots.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2014 0:43]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Apologies Mr Redknapp on 00:48 - Jan 19 with 3676 viewseghamranger

They should have scored 3 goals in first 20 mins
Apologies Mr Redknapp on 01:31 - Jan 19 with 3623 viewsNorthernr

Two goals in a game and a half at a level he's never played at before. Yeh, fcking pony.
Apologies Mr Redknapp on 08:49 - Jan 19 with 3387 viewssmegma

Apologies Mr Redknapp on 01:31 - Jan 19 by Northernr

Two goals in a game and a half at a level he's never played at before. Yeh, fcking pony.

Wait until he starts getting used to his team mates. If he was with us , he'd be the second highest scorer (among forwards)
Apologies Mr Redknapp on 10:13 - Jan 19 with 3263 viewsdenhamhoop2

I must have been at a different game i thought his pace and movement caused our defence trouble throughout the game.He scored a poachers goal and created their best 2 chances first half.Now Austin is fantastic but surely it wouldnt hurt to give him some help plus with Wells there is the potential to get better and sell for a profit later on good luck on getting that with AJ or Zamora.Its my main criticism of Harry he only ever looks upwards to buy never lower down.There are some bright young players lower down the leagues but then our own bright young players dont seem to ever get a chance so why should anyone elses interest
Apologies Mr Redknapp on 10:38 - Jan 19 with 3215 viewsMedwayR

I think Wells has the potential to be a very good player at this level, some good bits of play mixed with some bad, poor touch at times but he knows how to score. He would've been a good signing for us as cover/competition for Johnson.

Poll: Who’s better?

Apologies Mr Redknapp on 10:40 - Jan 19 with 3209 viewsJamie

Apologies Mr Redknapp on 21:06 - Jan 18 by Antti_Heinola

Astonishing OP. I thought Wells was excellent. Fast, busy, brave, scored a great header, laid one on a plate for his strike partner, showed for the ball, was willing to run with it. Thought he looked really good. Now that may just be the bounce of being at a new club, so I wouldn't get carried away, but to say he was atrocious at times... I just can't see what game you were watching. Caused our two CBs plenty of problems.
Austin's better though ;)

This.
Apologies Mr Redknapp on 16:10 - Jan 19 with 3009 viewskensalriser

Apologies Mr Redknapp on 08:49 - Jan 19 by smegma

Wait until he starts getting used to his team mates. If he was with us , he'd be the second highest scorer (among forwards)

Safe claim as our second highest scoring striker is currently on a gargantuan two goals!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Apologies Mr Redknapp on 23:15 - Jan 19 with 2806 viewsdaveB

Wells looked very raw but obviously has ability and I thought he took his goal well. Redknapp was probably right when he said it's a 50/50 gamble, we could look back in 2 years and wish we had signed him or we may have forgotten all about him..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024