Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bookies take hit in ‘weapons grade coup’ on race track 10:14 - Jan 23 with 3219 viewsgueRRilla

Anyone get lucky? Would be interested in a word from our resident gambling experts!

Heavily-backed horses win millions for punters in bad day at the races for bookmakers
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk/bookies-take-hit-in-weapons-grade-coup-o

An extraordinary few hours yesterday saw bookmakers hit for huge amounts after five heavily-backed horses obliged around England, at least four of which were believed to have some link to legendary Irish gambler and former trainer Barney Curley.

But some leading firms were quick to downplay claims of a “multi-million pound bloodbath”, with industry estimates put at around €2.4 million.

Bookmakers had been on red-alert from early morning after latching on to the well-backed quintet, all of which were returning from lengthy absences and struck at Lingfield, Catterick and Kempton...
Bookies take hit in ‘weapons grade coup’ on race track on 13:46 - Jan 23 with 3098 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Not me but others I know made a few quid.

There is allegedly another coup for today called Pipers Piping, 5.00pm Kempton.

Backed from 20-1 this morning to 5-4 currently.

I'm not sticking my neck out to say it will win, just adding a reply to the OP.
Bookies take hit in ‘weapons grade coup’ on race track on 18:39 - Jan 23 with 2969 viewstooting_hoop

Bookies take hit in ‘weapons grade coup’ on race track on 13:46 - Jan 23 by Sudbury_Hill_R

Came 7th

Follow me on Twitter @tootinghoop

Bookies take hit in ‘weapons grade coup’ on race track on 19:40 - Jan 23 with 2913 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Bookies take hit in ‘weapons grade coup’ on race track on 18:39 - Jan 23 by tooting_hoop

Came 7th

Yes. Beaten by its 16-1 stablemate that they'd only trained for a week. Mmmmm. Nothing suspicious there then. Firm up the price of the favourite whilst the other one drifts to bigger price.
Bookies take hit in ‘weapons grade coup’ on race track on 19:50 - Jan 23 with 2892 viewsLBSRanger

Bookies take hit in ‘weapons grade coup’ on race track on 13:46 - Jan 23 by Sudbury_Hill_R

They were tipped up by this lot on Twitter.
‏@BetRacingNation
Bookies take hit in ‘weapons grade coup’ on race track on 20:23 - Jan 23 with 2839 viewsLambourn

Bookies take hit in ‘weapons grade coup’ on race track on 19:40 - Jan 23 by Sudbury_Hill_R

Yes. Beaten by its 16-1 stablemate that they'd only trained for a week. Mmmmm. Nothing suspicious there then. Firm up the price of the favourite whilst the other one drifts to bigger price.

Just coincidence mate. Ladbrokes the vvankers made the other favourite by pretending it was backed everyone else followed suit. Was looney bin on?
Bookies take hit in ‘weapons grade coup’ on race track on 21:06 - Jan 23 with 2769 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Bookies take hit in ‘weapons grade coup’ on race track on 20:23 - Jan 23 by Lambourn

Just coincidence mate. Ladbrokes the vvankers made the other favourite by pretending it was backed everyone else followed suit. Was looney bin on?

No. Left it well alone.
Bookies take hit in ‘weapons grade coup’ on race track on 19:56 - Jan 24 with 2515 viewssmegma

Bookies take hit in ‘weapons grade coup’ on race track on 21:06 - Jan 23 by Sudbury_Hill_R

No. Left it well alone.

He said he didn't know about it and was gutted no one told him !!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024