Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pub for Middlebrough 14:04 - Mar 17 with 2168 views00calben

Just wondered whether anyone had any tips for Saturday?

Last time we went to The Bridge just up from the station, but it seems from Clive's Travel Guides that this is perhaps to be avoided now.

The scum play Arsenal at 12.45pm so would like to find a decent boozer which shows the footy where we won't get our head kicked in - any advice?
Pub for Middlebrough on 14:10 - Mar 17 with 2153 viewsdaveB

Many moons ago I went to uni in Boro and you'll struggle to not find a pub. Avoid the ones on the main road by the station, the ayresome is one of them, they are home fans only and full of scumbags,

I wouldn't wear colours but you'll be fine in most others.

For better ones come out of the station and turn right, go under the underpass and there is a Wetherspoons on the corner.

Other suggestions if you come out that way walk straight up the high street and after 2 mins you come to Corporation Road with a Walkabout and Yates again fine to go in as an away fan. Walkabout will have the football on.

If you want student pubs with stupidly cheap drinks keep walking up the high street past mcdonalds you come to Linthorpe road where you'll find the Crown.

Might be easier to get a taxi but it is an old bingo hall, massive inside, shows the live football and very cheap drink. five minutes further up on Southfield Road is the Dickins Inn which is a brilliant pub, Alex Higgins used to challenge students to games of pool in there. Downside is it's a cab to the ground from these ones. Next to the Dickins are the Firkin and one other, all good pubs but again a cab ride to the ground which I doubt will cost more than fiver

Dr Browns is the best one if you want one close to the ground. Not sure if they show the live football but they probably do.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024