Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP 07:01 - Apr 4 with 2042064 viewsLblock

Here I am starting this from my recovery bed and no clue how to link tunes on an iPhone!

Will stick on my offerings from a PC later unless the other knuckles thread is the preference to use?

House classics and dancey dazzlers only, no hijacking from suicide rock please!

In the beginning there was jack.......

Been meaning to update for years.
Can only be one.......

[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 11:28]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 00:27 - Jul 24 with 4896 viewsPunteR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:56 - Jul 23 by FredManRave

Mate, it cuts out on 15 minutes. Give it a go and see if the same happens for you.

Let me know, cheers...

Seems ok now mate. Could be my dodgy mixing or could be just the sheer amount of people listening to my mix at the same time, internet cant handle it!. :)
The mix is pretty much the same as my first 2 shows on Rokagroove. Couple of different tunes thrown in for good measure.
I tried it on my phone today and keeps buffering, might be that. Its not the recording.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2018 18:55]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:00 - Jul 24 with 4869 viewsMick_S

Forgot about this - Greg Edwards played it on Sunday - belter!

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:02 - Jul 26 with 4831 viewsPunteR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:01 - Jul 27 with 4804 viewsLblock

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:04 - Jul 27 with 4803 viewsLblock

Apt...

I can put up with no sleep, stinking people on the tubes, baren garden.... the trade off is sunshine, exposed flesh and outside drinking

Bring it

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:37 - Jul 28 with 4779 viewspaulparker

SW1 club at Victoria Legends old Burlington street ,. Doves, Double Doves, Turbo Doves and Disco Biscuits !!!! ahh the memories

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 21:04 - Jul 29 with 4752 viewsPunteR

love the vid goes brilliantly with the tune

[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 21:06]

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:01 - Aug 1 with 4715 viewsBrixtonR

Login to get fewer ads

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:38 - Aug 1 with 4705 viewsBrixtonR

1990....28 year ago but this summer feels the same..well sort of

Rangers top kind of...

Probably one of my top 5 tunes.....
'Heaven built a mountain baby and this is our ascension day'.. That ones worked a few times lol ;-) lovely. All my own of course ;-)

Still a tune..............its time to get up and dance motherfckers Mu Mu (well HU nowadays when I go)

About right nice one lads bye.

[Post edited 1 Aug 2018 23:56]
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 08:26 - Aug 2 with 4688 viewshopphoops

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:38 - Aug 1 by BrixtonR

Rangers top kind of...

'Heaven built a mountain baby and this is our ascension day'.. That ones worked a few times lol ;-) lovely. All my own of course ;-)

Still a tune..............its time to get up and dance motherfckers Mu Mu (well HU nowadays when I go)

I remember reading, but can't find any reference on the interwebs, that St Etienne had the idea to cover Only love can break your heart in the cafe on the corner of Uxbridge Road and Loftus Road, on a matchday and surrounded by Rangers fans.

I don't think the Rs link inspired it, but it would make a fitting anthem...

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:50 - Aug 2 with 4669 viewsLblock

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:38 - Aug 1 by BrixtonR

Rangers top kind of...

Brixton.... are we related?!?????!!?

Just back from the beach and I couldn’t choose better choons to be under the parasol with a cold Corona in my hand and two knackered Labradors at my feet while the music drifts....

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 07:16 - Aug 3 with 4651 viewsLblock

What a Friday... 33oC forecast. A good day to be off work!

I shall mostly be listening to stuff such as this

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:37 - Aug 3 with 4638 viewshopphoops

Summer chillin

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:04 - Aug 3 with 4634 viewsFDC

This isn't very Frankie, but I've got quite into Skee Mask recently. On a bit of an Aphex-tip I suppose, but not as challenging.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:33 - Aug 3 with 4615 viewsDiscodroids

'Chi Chi, Get the Yayo'.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 18:48 - Aug 3 with 4605 viewspaulparker

Classic garage from 97

proper banger , love this , nice n ripe !!!!! gass club classic

eddie perez at his finest

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:36 - Aug 3 with 4588 viewsLblock

Ah The Gas Club.... I was only talking about that last Saturday

I only went there a few times but it was good - a short hop from The Gardening Club and most people were "of that type" so a good vibe in there.
So the tragic thing was I get's a call from my guv'nor years and years ago. He says @I need to move ou to another site, we're bang in troule and the fella looking after it has jacked. Can you meet me at Picadilly near Lilly whites and I'll walk you there to have a butchers?"
As we tread a famila path I soon realise we are walking towards said Gas Club where a small village from Poland are knocking seven shades out of the place. It was surreal to walk around the place as it was being taken apart with the sound of jack hammers going in place of happy bass. I couldn't answer my guv'nor when he asked where I was at as I "seemed to be away with (my) yourself"

I could've necked one there and then on the staircase!

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 08:40 - Aug 4 with 4577 viewspaulparker

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:36 - Aug 3 by Lblock

Ah The Gas Club.... I was only talking about that last Saturday

I only went there a few times but it was good - a short hop from The Gardening Club and most people were "of that type" so a good vibe in there.
So the tragic thing was I get's a call from my guv'nor years and years ago. He says @I need to move ou to another site, we're bang in troule and the fella looking after it has jacked. Can you meet me at Picadilly near Lilly whites and I'll walk you there to have a butchers?"
As we tread a famila path I soon realise we are walking towards said Gas Club where a small village from Poland are knocking seven shades out of the place. It was surreal to walk around the place as it was being taken apart with the sound of jack hammers going in place of happy bass. I couldn't answer my guv'nor when he asked where I was at as I "seemed to be away with (my) yourself"

I could've necked one there and then on the staircase!

For a short period of summer 95 the gass club couldn’t be touched we were there every single Saturday it was the place to go for us as well every Girls fm listener it seemed
Was never a fan of the gardening club it just seemed to lack something for me I used to come away a bit meh
Legends also was good un as well as cafe de Paris , they were just magical times in the peak years of house/garage 93/96 , all of these places just gone now , tragic really

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:28 - Aug 4 with 4558 viewskensalriser

Thank fk for this thread.

I went swimming yesterday and due to school holidays went earlier than usual, which unfortunately coincided with a water aerobics session. Whether by accident or design the demographic for this class is rotund, menopausal and post-menopausal women. But that wasn't the problem, it was the class tutor, a kind of female Junior Vasquez with a wig only older, and her choice of music. Warm up and mid-set comprised a broad set of 80s uptempo pop dance (Pet Shop Boys, Wham, Sabrina, Madonna, etc) but then there was a lurch in style to hellish happy hardcore/hiNRG/cheesy techo hybrid cover versions. So we enjoyed a particularly offensive mix of such versions of Don't You Want Me/Moonlight Shadow/Word Up all pitched up from the already unfeasibly fast recording tempo. I could even hear it swimming under water.

I felt assaulted and abused.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 21:33 - Aug 4 with 4543 viewshopphoops

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:28 - Aug 4 by kensalriser

I went swimming yesterday and due to school holidays went earlier than usual, which unfortunately coincided with a water aerobics session. Whether by accident or design the demographic for this class is rotund, menopausal and post-menopausal women. But that wasn't the problem, it was the class tutor, a kind of female Junior Vasquez with a wig only older, and her choice of music. Warm up and mid-set comprised a broad set of 80s uptempo pop dance (Pet Shop Boys, Wham, Sabrina, Madonna, etc) but then there was a lurch in style to hellish happy hardcore/hiNRG/cheesy techo hybrid cover versions. So we enjoyed a particularly offensive mix of such versions of Don't You Want Me/Moonlight Shadow/Word Up all pitched up from the already unfeasibly fast recording tempo. I could even hear it swimming under water.

Ha ha, was it a bit like this, in a plump underwater kind of way?

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:51 - Aug 4 with 4535 viewsBoston

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:28 - Aug 4 by kensalriser

Can rush order.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 00:04 - Aug 5 with 4526 viewsPunteR

my show today.. :) https://www.mixcloud.com/ReleaseFM/04-08-18-jody-maynard-release-fm/

Hopefully the sound quality is ok, had a couple of issues..
[Post edited 5 Aug 2018 0:10]

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 03:05 - Aug 5 with 4498 viewsFredManRave

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 00:04 - Aug 5 by PunteR

my show today.. :) https://www.mixcloud.com/ReleaseFM/04-08-18-jody-maynard-release-fm/

Hopefully the sound quality is ok, had a couple of issues..
[Post edited 5 Aug 2018 0:10]

Mate, that is the dog´s f'kin bollox. Loved it so far, still got about half an hour to go.
Brilliant stuff, mate. I hope your kids realise how cool their old man is!

I'm back in England for three weeks from August 7th until Wednesday 29th. Have no idea of home games within that period and if I'd even have the time or money to make one but I'll look into it and keep you guys posted.

I would genuinely love a meetup with you guys for a sherbert (two max as I'll be with my young boys!) and If Disco was to be there I'd sell the wife to make sure I could be there.

Let me know if any of you regulars LB, Paul Punter Disco etc are going to any games and we'll see if we can make something happen.
I'll be honest, I don't know how you guys haven't sorted anything out up until now bearing in mind the very strong QPR and music connection.

Nos vemos...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:28 - Aug 5 with 4474 viewsDiscodroids

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 03:05 - Aug 5 by FredManRave

Mate, that is the dog´s f'kin bollox. Loved it so far, still got about half an hour to go.

I'm back in England for three weeks from August 7th until Wednesday 29th. Have no idea of home games within that period and if I'd even have the time or money to make one but I'll look into it and keep you guys posted.

I would genuinely love a meetup with you guys for a sherbert (two max as I'll be with my young boys!) and If Disco was to be there I'd sell the wife to make sure I could be there.

Let me know if any of you regulars LB, Paul Punter Disco etc are going to any games and we'll see if we can make something happen.
I'll be honest, I don't know how you guys haven't sorted anything out up until now bearing in mind the very strong QPR and music connection.

Nos vemos...

'I'm in heaven
With the maven of funk mutation'.

----------------------------------------------
Thanks Jody, I still rate 'Dark and long' in my all time top ten. Oaky would open with
it most weeks in the courtyard at Cream. Whenever i hear 'seven days and one week' I get a sensation of burning 'Liquid Gold' Nitrate about the nasal passage.

Thanks Fred for the nice words, for what it is worth you still rate in my all time top ten geezers that i want to have a beer and a bag of nobbys nuts with. Hopefully QPR Will draw southend in the cup as the AGG to get to loftus road from leigh on sea is in great abundance.

May the divine love of Superbock be upon you.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:32 - Aug 5 with 4473 viewsPunteR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 03:05 - Aug 5 by FredManRave

Nos vemos...

cheers mate glad you enjoyed that one.. :)
I'm up for a meet up defo. Long overdue. I'm away from the 17th so Sheffield utd on the 11th or posh on the 14th works for me.. I'm suppose to be working on that saturday 11th but will happily cancel to meet up with you lovely lot.. Besides ive worked every weekend for the past couple of months to pay for me hols so I think i can miss one ..lol

Ha .. just remembered ive got my my radio show on saturday as well from 4 . Still. I can get cover. I'm sure both my listeners wont mind..lol.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2018 10:38]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024