Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP 07:01 - Apr 4 with 2016790 viewsLblock

Here I am starting this from my recovery bed and no clue how to link tunes on an iPhone!

Will stick on my offerings from a PC later unless the other knuckles thread is the preference to use?

House classics and dancey dazzlers only, no hijacking from suicide rock please!

In the beginning there was jack.......

Been meaning to update for years.
Can only be one.......

[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 11:28]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:29 - Jun 26 with 7521 viewsLblock

Just heard this on radio -- out of the blue and reminded me of some lazy summer days in the past, namely a good weekend in Brighton

Swing Out Sister were underrated in my eyes on the soul scene as a bit commerical

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:05 - Jun 26 with 7500 viewspaulparker

kicking off the weekend with this little toe tapper

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:07 - Jun 26 with 7497 viewsPunteR

What an utter crap week I've had,is it Friday yet? ..No?.. Nevermind,I'm on it.. Here's one I havnt heard in a long time but remember bouncing along with on some beans.

here's one for the partyharders. Is it still not Friday?!,.

What!? No Spooky?When progressive was progressive.

[Post edited 27 Jun 2014 6:11]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:02 - Jun 27 with 7460 viewspaulparker

Starting off Friday with a bit of 80's Soul, gonna dust of me Sergio Tacchini Shirt
and pretend to Wedge me hair

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:03 - Jun 27 with 7452 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:02 - Jun 27 by paulparker

Starting off Friday with a bit of 80's Soul, gonna dust of me Sergio Tacchini Shirt
and pretend to Wedge me hair

Nice one. I quite often watch that Say I'm your number one video, It's interesting to see the massive changes in London. The main one is where she's looking over the River from the fountain at St Kathrines dock where the hotel (The Tower) must be behind the camera man, It's almost unrecognisable to now.

I think that was the Hotel they used in the Firm (1st version) when Bexy had his pre Euro'88 summit with Yeti and Obo. Oh and the bit in the skatepark with the BMX's must near the Westway I wonder if any of the lads on the bikes are Rangers. I'm bored at work today lol

My mate used to say to me is that a Wedge or a hedge...,,..cheeky git

Anyway keeping on the 'Brit funk' vibe....

Got the Night Dubbin tape, this is wicked...

And a couple from Linx

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:12 - Jun 27 with 7448 viewsLblock

This one always amuses me..

Stupid I know but I can never talk to a ceramic tiler on site without doing this tune whenever we talk about the splashback

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:18 - Jun 27 with 7444 viewspaulparker

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:03 - Jun 27 by BrixtonR

Nice one. I quite often watch that Say I'm your number one video, It's interesting to see the massive changes in London. The main one is where she's looking over the River from the fountain at St Kathrines dock where the hotel (The Tower) must be behind the camera man, It's almost unrecognisable to now.

I think that was the Hotel they used in the Firm (1st version) when Bexy had his pre Euro'88 summit with Yeti and Obo. Oh and the bit in the skatepark with the BMX's must near the Westway I wonder if any of the lads on the bikes are Rangers. I'm bored at work today lol

My mate used to say to me is that a Wedge or a hedge...,,..cheeky git

Anyway keeping on the 'Brit funk' vibe....

Got the Night Dubbin tape, this is wicked...

And a couple from Linx

I know what you Mean BrixtonR loads of memories of how London was in the Eighties,
in that Video , nothing like it is now
hard to imagine Stock , Aitken & Waterman Produced Princess
Loving the Reference to The Firm BTW, Bex was the bollox, love the scene in the Hotel
when he says
"fact right, we have rumbled everyone in this room, you want your spanking now "
Genius
anyway putting this one up a bit mainstream but hasn't made the list as yet

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:19 - Jun 27 with 7436 viewslondonscottish

Anyone spotted this? That's my 50th sorted. Two days of that shenanigans with my mates. Job done (with a party in the middle). And more time to sort my tunes.

http://www.goodtimesinthepark.com/line-up/

Any Frankie Thread boys going?

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Login to get fewer ads

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:59 - Jun 27 with 7428 viewslondonscottish

It's funky disco Friday

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 16:04 - Jun 27 with 7426 viewslondonscottish

Heller 'N Farley in a Girls FM mood

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 16:22 - Jun 27 with 7421 viewspaulparker

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 16:04 - Jun 27 by londonscottish

Heller 'N Farley in a Girls FM mood

Good tune Mate, looking at the link you sent earlier Gawd Knows what Farleys done to himself in that picture he looks like the emperor out of star wars

anyway another classic here from around 93

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:03 - Jun 27 with 7414 viewsDiscodroid

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:21 - Jun 29 with 7387 viewsBrixtonR

An absolute tune. Love the way he mixes in a bit of Devotion at the end.

Back in the day when Damon Rochefort wasn't subjugating Steve Macdonald !

In all fairness I was well impressed that Nomad is actually Damon backwards !

[Post edited 29 Jun 2014 22:24]
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:43 - Jul 1 with 7310 viewsLblock

This one goes out to all the young (and some not so young) ladies out in London Town today in the sunnnnnnshiiiiinnnnneeee

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:49 - Jul 1 with 7306 viewspaulparker

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:43 - Jul 1 by Lblock

This one goes out to all the young (and some not so young) ladies out in London Town today in the sunnnnnnshiiiiinnnnneeee

How's it going Lblock ??
yep nothing better than walking round town and seeing a bit of leg and cleavage,
going to put this one up as we haven't had a bit of Todd Edwards yet, this one always reminds me of the summer for some reason

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:08 - Jul 1 with 7301 viewsLblock

All going good my friend... better each day when the sun's out!

On a right old soul tip at the moment thinking of long lazy summer days hanging around the streets of Hanwell or Bishops Rec in Putney.. ahhhh for a ghetto blaster, Fila tracksuit bottoms and a pair of Nike Wimbledon's topped off with the finest wedge and step known to a barber

Here's another from the dusty stack that I love and yet hear all too rarely.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:11 - Jul 1 with 7292 viewspaulparker

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:08 - Jul 1 by Lblock

All going good my friend... better each day when the sun's out!

On a right old soul tip at the moment thinking of long lazy summer days hanging around the streets of Hanwell or Bishops Rec in Putney.. ahhhh for a ghetto blaster, Fila tracksuit bottoms and a pair of Nike Wimbledon's topped off with the finest wedge and step known to a barber

Here's another from the dusty stack that I love and yet hear all too rarely.

Good to hear your doing well LBlock

if we are slowing down the tempo , this always reminds me of summer days in 1990

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:45 - Jul 1 with 7289 viewsLblock

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:11 - Jul 1 by paulparker

Good to hear your doing well LBlock

if we are slowing down the tempo , this always reminds me of summer days in 1990

Blimey -- has that not been up yet?!

Always reminds me of Gin Palace in Acton summer 1990

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:30 - Jul 1 with 7255 viewspaulparker

going a bit hardcore here, reminds of Fantazia NYE 91 , Ellis Dee

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 21:41 - Jul 1 with 7250 viewswestberksr

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:32 - Jun 22 by BrixtonR

Just went through the record collection to get some inspiration and pulled out these two................

Tell you what I just played the Thelma Houston 12'' on a 1210 with a 9 year old stanton cartridge. It sounded about 1000 times better, tighter and with infinitely more depth than through the same amp and speakers via a PC. Fck digital, analogue still does it !

Been too busy with work to keep up with this, but the mention of Willie colon had to be acknowledged. Haven't heard this for years and have the 12" in the garage.

Saw Roy Ayers at a club in ascot a few years back and the warm up DJ played this, Mrs west thought I was a right tvvat dancing by myself to it like a mental case. Top top tunage Brixton.

Need tovdig a few out, I feel that I've let work get in the way of late!
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:05 - Jul 2 with 7224 viewspaulparker

great mellow summer tune this one

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:15 - Jul 4 with 7185 viewspaulparker

TFI Friday, what a sh*tter of a week !!
kicking off with one of the best white labels IMHO, Quality, Quality Tune,
reminds me so much of the Garage city days

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:12 - Jul 4 with 7177 viewsCroydonCaptJack

My favourite band - New Order.
The Chicago chaps freely admit they were influenced by these guys. This track was miles ahead of it's time. I cannot tell you how many times I have played it over the years. Hard to believe it was 1982.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:39 - Jul 4 with 7172 viewswestberksr

this is a fairly current offering that i love, the vocalist reminds me of the lead from D'influence who i think has one of the sexiest voices going

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 16:45 - Jul 4 with 7153 viewspaulparker

sanchez with a quality soulful mix

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024