Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP 07:01 - Apr 4 with 2018147 viewsLblock

Here I am starting this from my recovery bed and no clue how to link tunes on an iPhone!

Will stick on my offerings from a PC later unless the other knuckles thread is the preference to use?

House classics and dancey dazzlers only, no hijacking from suicide rock please!

In the beginning there was jack.......

Been meaning to update for years.
Can only be one.......

[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 11:28]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:08 - Jul 20 with 7302 viewsLblock

Tried to post earlier today but no joy.
Now finished sizzling in garden and going for this.

Bringing it bang up to date from last month and a MONSTER track for me - probably my favourite of the year so far - got an old skool lick to it and really does it for me.

Have. Some. Of. This.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:18 - Jul 20 with 7300 viewsLblock

I shall leave you with a return to the classic for the proper dusty part of the stack.

Touch of Northern Soul about it and it's a style I'll have on the phones over next few weeks what with me Lisa Stansfield tickets arriving in tutt post yesterday
Good luck sleeping in London tonight people... at the moment the weathers:-

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:17 - Jul 20 with 7290 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:18 - Jul 20 by Lblock

I shall leave you with a return to the classic for the proper dusty part of the stack.

Touch of Northern Soul about it and it's a style I'll have on the phones over next few weeks what with me Lisa Stansfield tickets arriving in tutt post yesterday
Good luck sleeping in London tonight people... at the moment the weathers:-

Archie Bell and the Drells fckin amazing..this is one of my all time favourite tunes

Always had a soft spot for Lisa S, a proper Rochdale lass, Enjoy the concert mate.
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 07:13 - Jul 21 with 7267 viewsCanadaRanger

Just found this... Shades of Noh. Not often something this odd gets attention for an hour.
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 07:26 - Jul 21 with 7266 viewsLblock

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:17 - Jul 20 by BrixtonR

Archie Bell and the Drells fckin amazing..this is one of my all time favourite tunes

Always had a soft spot for Lisa S, a proper Rochdale lass, Enjoy the concert mate.

Yep.. had to choose between Soul City, Dont let love and Where do you go when the partys over. Three QUALITY tracks.

Loving your work Brixton old chap. Much the same as me your taste seems to cross many genres of some blinding music styles.
Keep up the good work!

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:42 - Jul 21 with 7231 viewsLblock

The neighbour had a little chuckle to herself as I was singing this working in the alleyway sorting out other neighbours fence in the warm evening earlier.

There is an up to date version of this kicking around which has a silkier rolling bass but I cant find that so to the original... if it aint broke...

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:11 - Jul 22 with 7191 viewslondonscottish

A bit of Jazz Funk for a sunny Tuesday. Can't stop looking up Mario Biondi tracks.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 16:27 - Jul 25 with 7172 viewsLblock

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:11 - Jul 22 by londonscottish

A bit of Jazz Funk for a sunny Tuesday. Can't stop looking up Mario Biondi tracks.

Here's a nice hour long mix you may enjoy --- definite lazy sunny afternoon flava

Login to get fewer ads

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:25 - Jul 25 with 7165 viewsLblock

So it looks like (to the delight of some... dismay of many) that we're losing our legs on this thread.
Understandable and if it is to be the end then I just had to post up a few remixes lesser known by Frankie that I've been listening to on the M40 today

Great touch on an old classic

This one is a MONSTER! a track with Frankie, Sybil and Joey N collaborating is a sure fire winner

Rolling!

Great work on Micky J's vocal - haunting

I absolutely LOVE this one..

Taking you back....

And finally... one he didnt get credit for and this is a tune of nuclear proportions. I never got hold of this on vinyl and it nearly forced me to finally accept I need to drag my old carcass into this century and learn to use an apple mac to DJ... something I WILL be doing in next few months for reasons to follow
BIG!

Frankie Knuckles... Man. Maestro. House Founder. Beats Magician and helped sculpt a generation of happy people.
Thank You
R.I.P big fella

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:34 - Jul 26 with 7112 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:25 - Jul 25 by Lblock

So it looks like (to the delight of some... dismay of many) that we're losing our legs on this thread.
Understandable and if it is to be the end then I just had to post up a few remixes lesser known by Frankie that I've been listening to on the M40 today

This one is a MONSTER! a track with Frankie, Sybil and Joey N collaborating is a sure fire winner

Rolling!

Taking you back....

And finally... one he didnt get credit for and this is a tune of nuclear proportions. I never got hold of this on vinyl and it nearly forced me to finally accept I need to drag my old carcass into this century and learn to use an apple mac to DJ... something I WILL be doing in next few months for reasons to follow
BIG!

Frankie Knuckles... Man. Maestro. House Founder. Beats Magician and helped sculpt a generation of happy people.
Thank You
R.I.P big fella

Some nice Frankie tunes there. Thanks for the comments a few posts back...

It's not over yet......

And originally in at 332 (Thanks FMR) but an absolute classic so deserves another spin...

Come on Frankie boys I've already thought of another 20 tunes so between us all we can last the summer at least lol

Sorry Blob
[Post edited 26 Jul 2014 9:36]
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:13 - Jul 27 with 7088 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:25 - Jul 25 by Lblock

Rolling!

Taking you back....

BIG!

Thank You
R.I.P big fella

Lblock, I didn't realise how amazing the Kenny Summit and directors cut tune was until I listened to it again

This is total quality, I don't think I'd heard it for over 20 years until I found it on the internet. I reckon Frankie would approve of the Xylophones !

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:48 - Jul 27 with 7078 viewsLblock

Ain't it a tune? Like I say... immense

Heard that Devotion track on Point Blank a few weeks back and I thought old Damon must have retouched it. A great version

This weather simply made for quality house and soul.

Have a good week amigos

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:24 - Jul 28 with 7051 viewspaulparker

Sorry Lblock , but this Thread isn't dead just yet ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:28 - Jul 28 with 7046 viewspaulparker

had this one had the resident Parker BBQ yesterday , drunk a bit to much cider and annoyed the neighbours, oh well

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:48 - Jul 29 with 7035 viewsDiscodroid

brixton r,

getting hammerd into dust by a man like sasha.
proper prog.

we are the rangers house music cosa nostra.

numero uno.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:29 - Jul 29 with 7022 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:48 - Jul 29 by Discodroid

brixton r,

getting hammerd into dust by a man like sasha.
proper prog.

we are the rangers house music cosa nostra.

numero uno.

Disco Mate, that is a tune !

Hope you had a good one at the game tonight how was it?
I've been out for my friends birthday meal so been on the Nero d'Avola and a few Morretti's from the old country. Couldn't persuade them that Brisbane road was the place to be !

Here's a few tunes that the Phon.o one brought to mind. I used to love Bonzai and Wax magazine gave away a free CD in 1999 these were the first 3 tunes

By the way House Music Cosa Nostra....love it. When it comes to tunes....te lo daro

For the Frankie boys, I always thought this tune by L-Vee was called Tears..

This is nice...

My favourite mix of an old classic...

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:54 - Aug 1 with 6979 viewspaulparker

OK kicking off the Weekend with these beauties

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:00 - Aug 1 with 6973 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:54 - Aug 1 by paulparker

OK kicking off the Weekend with these beauties

That Joe T Vanelli track is a proper tune - love the logo on the Sorted label lol

I got more into the trance from around 94 onwards. So even though I still loved the Housey stuff my knowledge of the names of the tunes is non existent so it's great you filling in the blanks from those times.

More jazz funk than house but I was listening to this last week......

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:18 - Aug 1 with 6970 viewspaulparker

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:00 - Aug 1 by BrixtonR

That Joe T Vanelli track is a proper tune - love the logo on the Sorted label lol

I got more into the trance from around 94 onwards. So even though I still loved the Housey stuff my knowledge of the names of the tunes is non existent so it's great you filling in the blanks from those times.

More jazz funk than house but I was listening to this last week......

how's it going Brixton ? all good I hope ?

never got in to the trance stuff was a bit to hard for me, a couple of mates did and they were never the same again ha ha

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:03 - Aug 1 with 6966 viewsLblock

Oh go on then..............!!!

Happy Friday chaps

Sandy Rivera's finest hour

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:07 - Aug 1 with 6961 viewspaulparker

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:03 - Aug 1 by Lblock

Oh go on then..............!!!

Happy Friday chaps

Sandy Rivera's finest hour

sandy Rivera you say Lblock,

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:39 - Aug 1 with 6952 viewsLblock

Ahhh Defected back in da house.

Here's one I'm listening to on a Frankie Knuckles tribute mix presently.
Candi has got lungs and the Directors Cut boys add there own style to the original haunting vocal.

Sun's out, end of the day approaching, choons..... what's not to like?

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:45 - Aug 1 with 6947 viewspaulparker

Going Old School,

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 16:14 - Aug 1 with 6943 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:45 - Aug 1 by paulparker

Going Old School,

I'm good Paul, hope you are too mate. No worries re the Trance :-).
I'd be really interested to know what you thought of the 3 tracks I put up the other night just before your first this morning, are they a bit too hard or not too bad ?

Nice Adeva tune, makes me think of this - a wicked tune and surprisingly not on the thread yet

Have a great weekend, It starts now...........
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 16:33 - Aug 1 with 6941 viewspaulparker

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 16:14 - Aug 1 by BrixtonR

I'm good Paul, hope you are too mate. No worries re the Trance :-).
I'd be really interested to know what you thought of the 3 tracks I put up the other night just before your first this morning, are they a bit too hard or not too bad ?

Nice Adeva tune, makes me think of this - a wicked tune and surprisingly not on the thread yet

Have a great weekend, It starts now...........

Loving the Monie Love Brixton, reminds me of all those Deep Heat albums in the late Eighties
the tracks are good a bit hard for my taste, but if I had a few jack & jills I suppose I wouldn't mind LOL ,

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024