Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP 07:01 - Apr 4 with 2051564 viewsLblock

Here I am starting this from my recovery bed and no clue how to link tunes on an iPhone!

Will stick on my offerings from a PC later unless the other knuckles thread is the preference to use?

House classics and dancey dazzlers only, no hijacking from suicide rock please!

In the beginning there was jack.......

Been meaning to update for years.
Can only be one.......

[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 11:28]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:26 - Mar 22 with 7258 viewsLblock

Just back from a mental weekend in Eastern Europe on me stag do.

Came on to catch up with the predictable loss - we even forecast what would happen at the airport this afternoon.

Leaving this little one which was the last tune the DJ played at a club we were in last night.
When them lights came up at 5.00am with a bunch of mid fourties goons shaking their sorry carcasses and singing along to Ce Ce it looked somewhat odd to the locals who found it amusing.

Right I'm off to get the Sunday Scareys in bed!!!

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 07:36 - Mar 27 with 7200 viewspaulparker

Having it with this little gem

and one from Deep Dish

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:43 - Mar 27 with 7188 viewsLblock

Point Blank got me going this morning - love the old working from home Friday feeling with DJ Dave Stewart cranked up.

Had me toe tapping to this one which I think I MUST'VE put up on here before, but it's a class slab of tune so here goes again....

We need a bit more than magic now though......

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:45 - Mar 27 with 7179 viewsLblock

Havin it.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:24 - Mar 27 with 7175 viewsDiscodroids

..one year anniversary coming up, interesting article here, curious to hear this Underworld cover:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/mar/26/frankie-knuckles-house-dance-music-

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:18 - Mar 27 with 7167 viewsW13R

Quality stuff as usual gents.

Got a feeling this has been up before but what the heck!

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:42 - Mar 27 with 7160 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:18 - Mar 27 by W13R

Quality stuff as usual gents.

Got a feeling this has been up before but what the heck!

Good tune for some reason always makes me think of this Tony Humphries remix - I'm pretty sure I might have put this up before oh well :-)

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 16:54 - Mar 27 with 7150 viewsW13R

Nice bumpy track

Login to get fewer ads

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:00 - Mar 27 with 7148 viewsDiscodroids

a track i reduced to dust back in 98/99 at a prog house night i had in aldgate, only just been posted up on you tube.

warriors sample ..' can you dig it..' 5mins 20

"I'll shove that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle."
ajax

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 18:24 - Mar 27 with 7129 viewsLblock

Now I'm not massively into Progressive but I've been hunting out that track for donkeys
The Rev used to play it on the sadly now gone Passion FM on Friday nights

Thanks Disco I'm off to download that and play on loud whilst I'm in the David Gower

Recently stuck up by me I think but it's been on deck II these last couple of weeks pre and post stag do

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:39 - Mar 27 with 7114 viewsW13R

Great track from a great film, always made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:00 - Mar 27 with 7113 viewsW13R

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:38 - Mar 27 with 7103 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:39 - Mar 27 by W13R

Great track from a great film, always made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Nice one. Already bored of watching England , that band should be hung for treason.
Tell you what I'm with you on that underworld track abslutley epic
If were going for epic tracks I'd like to submit this one....

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 21:09 - Mar 27 with 7099 viewsW13R

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:38 - Mar 27 by BrixtonR

Nice one. Already bored of watching England , that band should be hung for treason.
Tell you what I'm with you on that underworld track abslutley epic
If were going for epic tracks I'd like to submit this one....

Brixton, great track......... certain records remind of places, people and times that seem so long ago. I remember this track as I was seeing a girl from Glasgow who I met on a holiday along with a big group of my friends and hers. Anyway we ended up in the famous Sub Club in Glasgow dancing to all the great piano tracks of the time..... Great days.
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 21:20 - Mar 27 with 7097 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 21:09 - Mar 27 by W13R

Brixton, great track......... certain records remind of places, people and times that seem so long ago. I remember this track as I was seeing a girl from Glasgow who I met on a holiday along with a big group of my friends and hers. Anyway we ended up in the famous Sub Club in Glasgow dancing to all the great piano tracks of the time..... Great days.

Nice one W13, The Sub Club fair play ! I saw a girl from Glasgow for a very short while......thing was she was from the Gorbals and I only understood about 10% of what she said, the rest of the time I just nodded n smiled oh dear.

Tell you what this is proper Epic............sad thing is I still dance like that..oh well :-)

Wonder if anyone on hear is in the film at anytime ;-)

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 21:49 - Mar 27 with 7092 viewsLblock

"sad thing is I still dance like that..oh well :-)"

Not on your nelly -- not sad, not a bit of it.
We were laughing last weekend about the lights coming up at 5am and a group of blokes in their mid 40's doing the big box, little box, big box, little box...all the little fishes swimming in the sea on the dancefloor to Ce Ce as some damn fine looking girls filtered out.

Youth is wasted on the young un's now.

Just have it until you cant have it no more!!!

That video made me wistful. Sonz of the Loop Da Loop. Gold!

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:11 - Mar 27 with 7082 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 21:49 - Mar 27 by Lblock

"sad thing is I still dance like that..oh well :-)"

Not on your nelly -- not sad, not a bit of it.
We were laughing last weekend about the lights coming up at 5am and a group of blokes in their mid 40's doing the big box, little box, big box, little box...all the little fishes swimming in the sea on the dancefloor to Ce Ce as some damn fine looking girls filtered out.

Youth is wasted on the young un's now.

Just have it until you cant have it no more!!!

That video made me wistful. Sonz of the Loop Da Loop. Gold!

Ha Ha Thanks, your quite right Lblock.

Thing is 40 is the new 25 anyway :-) Glad you had a good Stag night mate.

Wistful is the perfect way to describe that video...

I forgot about this one...........

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:17 - Mar 27 with 7079 viewsLblock

Electric Choc absolute classic - loved the drop (and to drop) to that one.

Here's one I dont think been up yet. A stormer towards the end of the night and i do love a bit of deep dish twiddling the knobs

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:21 - Mar 27 with 7076 viewsLblock

And while we're at it... on the EBTG tip one of their best (Missing already been put up)

This one was a blinder and when Sandy Rivera got on board with the "Come Into My Room" version it all blew up again for me (I posted that a few pages back - pwopa choon!)

Have a good weekend chaps

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:40 - Mar 27 with 7070 viewsPunteR

wicked tune disco..(Hedonix, Sunstorm)

Aah fridays...

[Post edited 28 Mar 2015 3:19]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:42 - Mar 27 with 7067 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:17 - Mar 27 by Lblock

Electric Choc absolute classic - loved the drop (and to drop) to that one.

Here's one I dont think been up yet. A stormer towards the end of the night and i do love a bit of deep dish twiddling the knobs

Bloody hell LBlock you've taken nostalgia to a new level. Listening to this and it's like coming up for the first time.

Can't really beat that m8 but this is my ultimate wistful where's its all gone to and feel emotional record....

Oh and bit more TT....quality reminds me of when QPR were good. God I loved 83-84

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:00 - Mar 27 with 7059 viewsLblock

Soul II Soul... undisputed!

Saw them last year at Kew Gardens (Middle Class git alert!) and they were proper good on a lovely sunny day

And before I retire to my pit. I leave you with this one courtesy of 5.30am, the dancefloor, Club Bananas, Magaluf, 1988

I thank you and goodnight

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:36 - Mar 27 with 7049 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:00 - Mar 27 by Lblock

Soul II Soul... undisputed!

Saw them last year at Kew Gardens (Middle Class git alert!) and they were proper good on a lovely sunny day

And before I retire to my pit. I leave you with this one courtesy of 5.30am, the dancefloor, Club Bananas, Magaluf, 1988

I thank you and goodnight

Good night indeed. I'll leave with these...

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 01:19 - Mar 28 with 7037 viewsPunteR

Still love this thread..
pumping house,progressive,techno,soulful,funky...good times revisited. nothing wrong with that..except when i accidently pull the headphones out and have Rockford files- you sexy dancer blaring out full blast waking the kids and my missus up..
Anyway..

If i had to pick one tune that is my all time favorite..its probably this one.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:22 - Mar 28 with 7008 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 01:19 - Mar 28 by PunteR

Still love this thread..
pumping house,progressive,techno,soulful,funky...good times revisited. nothing wrong with that..except when i accidently pull the headphones out and have Rockford files- you sexy dancer blaring out full blast waking the kids and my missus up..
Anyway..

If i had to pick one tune that is my all time favorite..its probably this one.

Oh well PunteR at least they woke up to a quality tune

Marmion Schoenberg reminds me of great times. I had a CD called the Abduction mix that had that on it and also this one. Still love the title

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024