Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP 07:01 - Apr 4 with 2041575 viewsLblock

Here I am starting this from my recovery bed and no clue how to link tunes on an iPhone!

Will stick on my offerings from a PC later unless the other knuckles thread is the preference to use?

House classics and dancey dazzlers only, no hijacking from suicide rock please!

In the beginning there was jack.......

Been meaning to update for years.
Can only be one.......

[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 11:28]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 18:26 - Jun 5 with 7896 viewsPunteR

Fridays just not the same without a frankie friday upload

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 18:32 - Jun 5 with 7891 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 18:26 - Jun 5 by PunteR

Belgian New Beat. I quite enjoyed that genre
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 21:01 - Jun 5 with 7855 viewsPunteR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 18:32 - Jun 5 by CroydonCaptJack

Belgian New Beat. I quite enjoyed that genre

I didnt realise it was a different version . I thought it was this one.
The original mix.

Lets get up loaded..

A couple of Maceo Plex mixes. Quality.

Classic.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2015 22:37]

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:06 - Jun 5 with 7836 viewsPunteR

edit . See non sexy friday thread.

Anyway...

[Post edited 5 Jun 2015 23:26]

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:00 - Jun 7 with 7790 viewsW13R

Feeling a bit nostalgic today, some great old tunes from back in the day.
Reminds me of Stocks Wine bar in West Ealing.

This one reminds me of Stocks Wine bar in West Ealing.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 16:43 - Jun 7 with 7777 viewsDiscodroids

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:27 - Jun 7 with 7763 viewsPunteR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:00 - Jun 7 by W13R

Feeling a bit nostalgic today, some great old tunes from back in the day.
Reminds me of Stocks Wine bar in West Ealing.

This one reminds me of Stocks Wine bar in West Ealing.

lovin that beat the streets tune..

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:00 - Jun 7 with 7760 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 18:26 - Jun 5 by PunteR

bloody hell mate I alway thought that was totally exclusive to Centreforce...........that is the definative mix of that tune and defo the first time anyones put it up fckn fair play m8
and i tell you what any cnt that says different werent there this is to me the ultimate proper mix. Tell what back in 89 first game of the season it we were having some discourese v Palace and I excused myself to buy this tune in a that record shop what used to be in Goldhawk road ended up with the Lisa M version what a cnt. So mate you have the ultimate on this tune fair play

This is a tune tho..........

girl you look into my eyes all my troubles gather strength

[Post edited 7 Jun 2015 23:25]
Login to get fewer ads

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 00:28 - Jun 8 with 7745 viewsBrixtonR

tuneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 00:44 - Jun 8 with 7742 viewsPunteR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:00 - Jun 7 by BrixtonR

bloody hell mate I alway thought that was totally exclusive to Centreforce...........that is the definative mix of that tune and defo the first time anyones put it up fckn fair play m8
and i tell you what any cnt that says different werent there this is to me the ultimate proper mix. Tell what back in 89 first game of the season it we were having some discourese v Palace and I excused myself to buy this tune in a that record shop what used to be in Goldhawk road ended up with the Lisa M version what a cnt. So mate you have the ultimate on this tune fair play

This is a tune tho..........

girl you look into my eyes all my troubles gather strength

[Post edited 7 Jun 2015 23:25]

Ha.. i was 12 when that tune came out.. One of those tunes that sticks with you though. i wasn't sure what the definitive mix was tbh. Kevin Saunderson done the original i think. both mixes very similar . Lovin the Energy Flash "Ecstasy" sample at the start..

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 07:48 - Jun 8 with 7723 viewsFDC

I've been listening to this a hell of lot recently

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 08:20 - Jun 12 with 7682 viewspaulparker

Tuuunnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

this Jeanie tracy tune brings back so many memories of the early 90'S

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 08:37 - Jun 12 with 7677 viewsDiscodroids

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..memories so long ago they flicker in black white and shades of E.

From Oakeys 'Havanna' radio one essential mix 1999..

im up for a few pints today. roll on lunchtime.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 16:42 - Jun 12 with 7651 viewsbacardiinbrissie

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:43 - Jun 13 with 7610 viewsBrixtonR

Why does this tune sound as good as the first time each time you hear it ?

Mental Mental lets go fkin Mental :-)
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:15 - Jun 13 with 7602 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:43 - Jun 13 by BrixtonR

Why does this tune sound as good as the first time each time you hear it ?

Mental Mental lets go fkin Mental :-)

It's a brilliant tune mate. Every note is a chord apparently. In my all time top five tracks without question.
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:25 - Jun 13 with 7601 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:15 - Jun 13 by CroydonCaptJack

It's a brilliant tune mate. Every note is a chord apparently. In my all time top five tracks without question.

Nice one Croydon :-)

I always think the same of this

This one too...........

Oh and this is in my top 5 and top 3 video's ... fair play to L block as i think it was one of his first dances

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:39 - Jun 13 with 7597 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:25 - Jun 13 by BrixtonR

Nice one Croydon :-)

I always think the same of this

This one too...........

Oh and this is in my top 5 and top 3 video's ... fair play to L block as i think it was one of his first dances

Yeh, good shout mate. Alison Limerick wouldn't be far off my top ten. Seeing that video and the defected logo coming up at the end reminded me that the guy who owns that label is a QPR fan. Were you aware of that?
a bloke called Simon Dumore
[Post edited 13 Jun 2015 23:41]
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:09 - Jun 14 with 7571 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:39 - Jun 13 by CroydonCaptJack

Yeh, good shout mate. Alison Limerick wouldn't be far off my top ten. Seeing that video and the defected logo coming up at the end reminded me that the guy who owns that label is a QPR fan. Were you aware of that?
a bloke called Simon Dumore
[Post edited 13 Jun 2015 23:41]

Ha Ha I never knew that. Small world, My company for did some consultancy work for Defected a few years ago and I think I may have spoke to him on email ! Wonder if he gets on here ? - maybe he could stick a few promos up on the Frankie Thread :-)
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:41 - Jun 14 with 7564 viewsLblock

Gentlemen, gentlemen, gentlemen... some QUALITY offerings.

Now I'm not normally a fan of "mash up's but I stumbled across this and felt it worthy of a share.
Some absolutely storming tracks, all of which lurk in these seventy pages somewhere along the line; but what is stand out is all the footage lashed together. The parts that strike a chord are that of White Waltham, Energy in Cambridge and especially (for me) the clip from Ealing's very own Broadway Boulevard on 34 seconds of the Helter Skelter do that used to be on there. A couple of familiar faces from The Plough!!!
HAVIN' IT!!

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 21:19 - Jun 14 with 7540 viewsLblock

For Tom

x

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:24 - Jun 14 with 7530 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 21:19 - Jun 14 by Lblock

For Tom

x

Really sorry for your loss LBlock mate.
That is a great tune. Used to love The Beloved. There are many remixes of that tune but the original is the best imo.
This was another of there's that was criminally overlooked despite its commercial leanings!

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 00:56 - Jun 17 with 7478 viewsFredManRave

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/man-with-mortgage-and-kid-unable-to-t

38-YEAR-OLD Tom Booker has decided to keep his rave ‘tape packs’ despite being an adult with responsibilities.

Booker discovered the cachet of cheaply-manufactured 90s cassette tapes including ‘Top Buzz at Fantazia’ and ‘Ratty and Pilgrim at Universe ’91’ in a cardboard box while clearing out a spare bedroom.

He said: “There are some classics in here. Great tunes and even the MCs aren’t that annoying.

“However I no longer have a tape deck and am also under pressure from my wife to make space for a nursery.”

Booker deliberated while pulling out more of the outsized plastic boxes containing up to 12 tapes each, with shitty cover graphics of things like a woman’s face floating in the sky.

“I’ve just found ‘Dr S Gachet at Desire ’94’ and I am fcuked if that is going to the charity shop.

“My wife may feel differently but Gachet is a badman and that is 45 minutes of atmospheric drum and bass that needs to be preserved for future generations.

“I have been focused on family and career but finding these tapes has made me realise that the important things in life are raving and getting off your head.”

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 01:05 - Jun 17 with 7473 viewsdubaistu

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:20 - Jun 18 with 7440 viewsLblock

What a shite week.... culminated with getting verbally beaten up by a Client today on an estimate for a job they know I'm mad keen to win. Crazy really as it's only small BUT there's a bigger one which would likely be tagged onto it.
So here I am finally having finished re-doing my price with a load of savings that feel like my pockets have been picked and I've shouted after the thief and actually offered them my watch as well.

So bollox to that - I'm having an easy day tomorrow from 2.00pm onwards and will be in a boozer near the Kennington Oval by 4.00pm.

To sleep and rest my mind.

Happy Friday geezers

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024