Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP 07:01 - Apr 4 with 2018157 viewsLblock

Here I am starting this from my recovery bed and no clue how to link tunes on an iPhone!

Will stick on my offerings from a PC later unless the other knuckles thread is the preference to use?

House classics and dancey dazzlers only, no hijacking from suicide rock please!

In the beginning there was jack.......

Been meaning to update for years.
Can only be one.......

[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 11:28]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:32 - Nov 13 with 5836 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:26 - Nov 13 by Lblock

Right I'm back and still alive... Unfortunately they gave me a quick 4mg shot of the good stuff so i was straight out instead of the usual 1.5mg which has you hanging around with that warm fuzzy feeling. More fool me or making a joke of it with the quack!!!

Croydon - hope that recovery goes well fella, it's certainly not effected those ears of yours mate!

A rewind from me... do love this.

Cheers L Block
I just had the 'sedation' for my eye op so was awake through it all which was bizarrely pleasurable. Drifting in and out. All I really needed was this on in the background.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 18:13 - Nov 13 with 5820 viewsDiscodroids

Maximus Gluteus Progressve House
[Post edited 13 Nov 2015 18:15]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:25 - Nov 13 with 5804 viewsPunteR

Acid mix

Get your lug holes round this..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:23 - Nov 14 with 5784 viewsLblock

Just felt compelled to post this up again this morning

Viva freedom, love and dance music

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:34 - Nov 14 with 5776 viewspaulparker

forgot about these absolute total gems , god the world was a better place back in 91/ 92 wasn't it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:44 - Nov 14 with 5774 viewsLblock

Certainly was...

I'm hoping to have dug up a few long forgotten ones as I'm going through the vinyl at the moment before coming out of retirement tonight at a little bash for a friend. The finger nails caked in dust at the moment!!

One with another messgae

And another with a sort of relevant meaning between the lines

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:49 - Nov 14 with 5766 viewsW13R

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:25 - Nov 13 by PunteR

Acid mix

Get your lug holes round this..

Punter, some quality stuff there fella.

I would be surprised if this hasn't been put up but a quality tune anyway.
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:03 - Nov 14 with 5765 viewsW13R

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:52 - Nov 13 by CroydonCaptJack

Good morning my learned friends.
Another Friday in paradise (well just south of Croydon ;) ) Recovering from a detached retina operation. Well they did warn me it would make me blind!

I think you will very much appreciate this. Old school breakbeat.

[Post edited 13 Nov 2015 11:03]

Croydon................. them's right up my street mate, you took me back to many a good night in smoke filled rooms with the old strobes going radio rental!

These two tracks are most probably my fav's for various reasons but mainly for me falling in love with acid/rave/house music or what ever you want to call it.

Login to get fewer ads

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:55 - Nov 14 with 5755 viewsLblock

Ahhhhh...The Poke, a top choon much the same as Too Far Gone was for those early pioneers

I've apparently got to play a lot of early 80's soul this evening so been having a rumage through the old LP90's and brought a lot of memories back.

And slowly bringing it back up....

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 16:08 - Nov 14 with 5745 viewsW13R

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:55 - Nov 14 by Lblock

Ahhhhh...The Poke, a top choon much the same as Too Far Gone was for those early pioneers

I've apparently got to play a lot of early 80's soul this evening so been having a rumage through the old LP90's and brought a lot of memories back.

And slowly bringing it back up....

Lblock, go hard on the soul/funk.................never fails to get the bods up.

How about a bit of,

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 00:40 - Nov 15 with 5715 viewsFloridaR

Evening Chaps... Throwing in a few old favs :)

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 00:44 - Nov 15 with 5714 viewsFloridaR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:26 - Nov 13 by Lblock

Right I'm back and still alive... Unfortunately they gave me a quick 4mg shot of the good stuff so i was straight out instead of the usual 1.5mg which has you hanging around with that warm fuzzy feeling. More fool me or making a joke of it with the quack!!!

Croydon - hope that recovery goes well fella, it's certainly not effected those ears of yours mate!

A rewind from me... do love this.

Like this one a lot...Very nice rhythm

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:14 - Nov 15 with 5691 viewsLblock

Great night last night, really enjoyed blowing the dust off of a few tracks and hearing the crackle of some vinyl underneath me
Had a very QPR theme to it with one of the hosts being a HUGE fan and I'd be amazed if people on this forum didn't know a good few of the heads in attendance. I've never DJ'd with an R's flag as my backdrop before so that was a first.
Played this one twice last night. Love it

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:50 - Nov 15 with 5684 viewsW13R

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:14 - Nov 15 by Lblock

Great night last night, really enjoyed blowing the dust off of a few tracks and hearing the crackle of some vinyl underneath me
Had a very QPR theme to it with one of the hosts being a HUGE fan and I'd be amazed if people on this forum didn't know a good few of the heads in attendance. I've never DJ'd with an R's flag as my backdrop before so that was a first.
Played this one twice last night. Love it

I think we know the same people

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:54 - Nov 15 with 5671 viewsLblock

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:50 - Nov 15 by W13R

Ah, you were there then!

Shame we had to wrap up at 1.30am as I was just starting to enjoy myself
So me cover story is blown... not an international rave scene DJ, not a front runner on the underground or a cutting edge purveyor of sublime music.
Just a bald average Joe who used to turn the Technics at a few things and shouts out rubbish!

Hope you had a good night

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:28 - Nov 15 with 5660 viewsW13R

It was a funny night indeed, still laughing to myself with the vision of the twins strutting there stuff unlike their old man!

I will introduce myself the next time we are in company..................... very cloak & dagger!
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:32 - Nov 15 with 5658 viewspaulparker

Sounds like a good night LBlock

doing the housework to a bit of oldschool today , some very early kerri chandler

and this from the great man Ce Ce Rogers

Love this mix

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:40 - Nov 15 with 5653 viewspaulparker

Bollox

this is the kerri chandler tune

and a bit of this as well this afternoon

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:48 - Nov 15 with 5640 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:50 - Nov 15 by W13R

A couple of brilliant tracks there chaps. This and the Paul Simpson one.
How about a bit of old school Chi Town acid deep and dark.

[Post edited 15 Nov 2015 16:18]
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 16:55 - Nov 15 with 5615 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:32 - Nov 15 by paulparker

Sounds like a good night LBlock

doing the housework to a bit of oldschool today , some very early kerri chandler

and this from the great man Ce Ce Rogers

Love this mix

I love that first Nervous compilation Paul.
I have it on vinyl and lent it to my mate in the early nineties. I was going off to work abroad so I kept asking him for it back and he kept putting me off. I guessed he was going to permanently borrow it knowing I was off but to his credit he brought it back the night before I left and had also mixed it onto a tape for me to take with me. I treasured that tape for the time I was away.
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:27 - Nov 15 with 5607 viewsLblock

Nervous -- quality NYC beats

This was a gem and the B side was damn fine too if I recall

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:44 - Nov 15 with 5601 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I am not sure Buzzin Fly has had the representation it deserves on this epic thread although I am sure you will correct me if I am wrong!

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 18:35 - Nov 15 with 5593 viewsLblock

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:44 - Nov 15 by CroydonCaptJack

I am not sure Buzzin Fly has had the representation it deserves on this epic thread although I am sure you will correct me if I am wrong!

Great tune -- was listening to that on my way into work on Tuesday last week in fact.
Never seen the visdeo before so thanks for that.

Been a good couple of Ben Watt numbers over these pages - the man has done some quality stuff over the years
So on that theme here's one I'm sure I've posted pages ago and that got an airing last night early doors

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:15 - Nov 15 with 5583 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 18:35 - Nov 15 by Lblock

Great tune -- was listening to that on my way into work on Tuesday last week in fact.
Never seen the visdeo before so thanks for that.

Been a good couple of Ben Watt numbers over these pages - the man has done some quality stuff over the years
So on that theme here's one I'm sure I've posted pages ago and that got an airing last night early doors

Good shout LBlock.
I love Ben Watt. Those Lazy Dog comps are up there with the best.

Would really love to meet you chaps for a beer before the game one week. Not sure how many of us attend HQ for the home games but this is such a brilliant thread.
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:31 - Nov 15 with 5574 viewsPunteR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:15 - Nov 15 by CroydonCaptJack

Good shout LBlock.
I love Ben Watt. Those Lazy Dog comps are up there with the best.

Would really love to meet you chaps for a beer before the game one week. Not sure how many of us attend HQ for the home games but this is such a brilliant thread.

I'll be up for a beer. Happy to get a round in.
Yeh its a great thread, been good fun and a real history lesson in house.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024