Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who did you vote for as player of the season? 14:50 - Apr 24 with 2291 viewsbloberts

Poll: Who did you vote for as player of the season?

Who did you vote for as player of the season? on 14:53 - Apr 24 with 2283 viewstoboboly

Whilst i understand the sentiments around Ned he has been injured, dropped and played out of position for a lot of the year. He gets an honourable mention, as does Clint and Simpson but without Austin we are languishing in 15th place.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Who did you vote for as player of the season? on 14:58 - Apr 24 with 2271 viewsWokingR

I don't think anyone has done enough to take the trophy away from Bosingwa
Who did you vote for as player of the season? on 14:59 - Apr 24 with 2265 viewsPinnerPaul

Who did you vote for as player of the season? on 14:53 - Apr 24 by toboboly

Whilst i understand the sentiments around Ned he has been injured, dropped and played out of position for a lot of the year. He gets an honourable mention, as does Clint and Simpson but without Austin we are languishing in 15th place.

Agree I also think we'd also be in the bottom half without JB.

Torn between those two.
Who did you vote for as player of the season? on 15:53 - Apr 24 with 2221 viewssimmo

I have been really torn with this one. Whilst it's clear without Austins goals we would be nowhere this season, I find it hard to give a POTY to someone that has missed so many games. Also, controversially, I don't actually think he has played all that well for a lot of the games he's managed, although he usually managed to find the net at some point even without us playing to his strengths.

Barton will get a lot of votes, and while I don't think he has played espcially well, I think the team perform better with him in it. He would have to have the greatest season in the world of football to get my vote anyway.

This award should really be about who was most consistent, and that for me is out of Simpson (most consistent but less games) and Hill, who has made some mistakes as you'd expect but mostly has been the warrior we know him to be in both the positions he's been asked to play. Those who underestimate his importance to the team just needs to look at how we defended set pieces against Florist.

I voted tactically for Austin in the end as I think it will be out of him and Joey and I would rather the former win. I think Simpson has been our signing of the season though, really surprised me how great he's been. Credit to the club for that one.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Who did you vote for as player of the season? on 19:12 - Apr 24 with 2157 viewssmegma

Who did you vote for as player of the season? on 15:53 - Apr 24 by simmo

I have been really torn with this one. Whilst it's clear without Austins goals we would be nowhere this season, I find it hard to give a POTY to someone that has missed so many games. Also, controversially, I don't actually think he has played all that well for a lot of the games he's managed, although he usually managed to find the net at some point even without us playing to his strengths.

Barton will get a lot of votes, and while I don't think he has played espcially well, I think the team perform better with him in it. He would have to have the greatest season in the world of football to get my vote anyway.

This award should really be about who was most consistent, and that for me is out of Simpson (most consistent but less games) and Hill, who has made some mistakes as you'd expect but mostly has been the warrior we know him to be in both the positions he's been asked to play. Those who underestimate his importance to the team just needs to look at how we defended set pieces against Florist.

I voted tactically for Austin in the end as I think it will be out of him and Joey and I would rather the former win. I think Simpson has been our signing of the season though, really surprised me how great he's been. Credit to the club for that one.

16 goals in 29 starts is superb at any level.
Who did you vote for as player of the season? on 19:25 - Apr 24 with 2141 viewssimmo

Who did you vote for as player of the season? on 19:12 - Apr 24 by smegma

16 goals in 29 starts is superb at any level.

I agree completely, his goals have been absolutely vital and we would be nowhere without them, but I have seen him practically every game he has played this season and thought some of his performances have been so/so. Watford recently is a good example, not really in the game, not overly impressive, pops up with the winner on the stroke of 90mins. Maybe that is just the way he plays. I personally don't think he would be good enough for the Premier League, not yet anyway, but I would hope we stick with him and see how he gets on.

POTY to me should be based on consistency of performance across an entire season.

Who did you vote for as player of the season? on 21:19 - Apr 24 with 2055 viewssmegma

Who did you vote for as player of the season? on 19:25 - Apr 24 by simmo

I agree completely, his goals have been absolutely vital and we would be nowhere without them, but I have seen him practically every game he has played this season and thought some of his performances have been so/so. Watford recently is a good example, not really in the game, not overly impressive, pops up with the winner on the stroke of 90mins. Maybe that is just the way he plays. I personally don't think he would be good enough for the Premier League, not yet anyway, but I would hope we stick with him and see how he gets on.

POTY to me should be based on consistency of performance across an entire season.

Ever thought he may not be 100% match fit yet ???
Who did you vote for as player of the season? on 22:19 - Apr 24 with 2026 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Rob Green for me. Ever present in goal and been great for us. After a torrid time when he joined, he has come through the shit smelling of roses. He deserves a lot of credit for that alone.
Login to get fewer ads

Who did you vote for as player of the season? on 11:12 - Apr 25 with 1965 viewssimmo

Who did you vote for as player of the season? on 21:19 - Apr 24 by smegma

Ever thought he may not be 100% match fit yet ???

Of course he's not, but I thought the Watford game was a micrososm of his performances this season. Not playing great or overly involved and then BANG, he gets a goal and we win. I am not complaining, his job is to score and he does it well, but like I said already, I like to base my vote on consistency of performance, not necessarily consistency of results.

Who did you vote for as player of the season? on 11:15 - Apr 25 with 1960 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rob Green.

Simpson and Ausin have missed a few too many games. Barton has been very good, but I don't respect him. Hill's a great lad, but not POTY, I don't think.

Green's been every bit as good as Kenny was in our promotion season, just not as popular.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Who did you vote for as player of the season? on 16:18 - Apr 25 with 1899 viewsconnell10

ned for me !

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Who did you vote for as player of the season? on 18:33 - Apr 25 with 1860 viewsDylanP

Rob Green for me. Green has been superb all season -- very consistent and it seems that every game he has come up with a save that has kept us in it. How many of those close games would have gone against us with a little less quality between the sticks?

Joey Barton is a close second. He has played remarkably well. His defensive covering has been top notch, making critical tackles or goal-line clearances. He linking play in midfield has been great across almost every game he has played. And he has chipped in with a few goals. The only thing against him is the bookings/red card suspensions.

Charlie and Simpson also get honourable mentions. Both have had really solid seasons. Charlie has spent most of the season as the only goal threat and yet is scoring at better than a goal every other game. Simpson has made a realy difference all season and it hurt us when he went out. However, for both of them the time out injured means taht Green gets the nod.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024