Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flat roofed pubs.. 13:43 - Apr 29 with 124724 viewsPommyhoop

As mentioned by Konk in the Morhinio thread. Flat roofed pubs are normally shiteholes which are suited to and are normally frequented by a good few Scum supporters. Here's my offering as one of the roughest ,worst boozers I've ever been in .
The Beaver in Beaver's Estate Hounslow .Now that was a REAL shithole!!
Looks like its closed down.Thank F@ck...

Add your own wonderful flat roofed watering holes...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Flat roofed pubs.. on 16:57 - Aug 3 with 8964 viewshopphoops

Flat roofed pubs.. on 13:07 - Aug 3 by RBlock

This was my favourite/worst flat roof pub experience. Didn't even bother with any a proper sign or naming the thing, just boshed that Carlsberg tarpaulin up. The place was empty. Not only devoid of customers, (and only about 4 stools around a table that was covered in some sort of viscous material, but also lacked anyone behind the actual bar. As we turned to leave this 20 something scally came in with his takeaway, apologised for the wait, walked behind the bar, and proceeded to pour a pint, whilst shovelling chips and curry sauce into his mouth with the other hand.

I'm betting it's got Sky though.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Flat roofed pubs.. on 12:42 - May 27 with 7981 viewsMedwayR

I doubt that this lovely little establishment will be missed:

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/mans-faced-slashed-with-a-161496/

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/pub-shut-down-after-vicious-attack-18001

Poll: Who’s better?

Flat roofed pubs.. on 02:56 - Jun 4 with 7649 viewsWanderR

It's amazing how many of these pubs have gone in such a short space of time. No space for sh*t pubs when the decent ones are closing. Clive's Desert Rat was demolished several years ago and Clive_Anderson's The Globe of drug deal fame appears to have had a housing estate built on it.

Current location: OX10

Flat roofed pubs.. on 06:33 - Jun 4 with 7596 viewsstevec

Flat roofed pubs.. on 02:56 - Jun 4 by WanderR

It's amazing how many of these pubs have gone in such a short space of time. No space for sh*t pubs when the decent ones are closing. Clive's Desert Rat was demolished several years ago and Clive_Anderson's The Globe of drug deal fame appears to have had a housing estate built on it.

Yeah wonder what the Police stats are on trouble in pubs these days. Round my way all of the 'fighting' pubs have been built over and from my old neck of the woods, the North Pole and Notting Hill Barn disappeared off the map. Around 1984 took my wife, then girlfriend, to the Barn and virtually every seat in it had been slashed. Embarrassingly suggested we may as well have one drink in there and ended up staying in there for a good few hours, not by choice though. An enforced lock in ensued when a gypsy kid suddenly went barmy, smashing the pub up, crying his eyes out as he begged the landlord to get the old bill down to arrest him. Apparently outside was an entourage of his brethren who were due to pick him up, taking him back to the camp and put a bullet in his head. What was quite funny was how the landlord seemed far more comfortable watching his pub get systematically wrecked than actually calling the Police.

I'm no fan of All Bar One's but there's a lot to be said for gentrification of pubs.
Flat roofed pubs.. on 12:33 - Jun 5 with 7358 viewsDorse

Flat roofed pubs.. on 06:33 - Jun 4 by stevec

Yeah wonder what the Police stats are on trouble in pubs these days. Round my way all of the 'fighting' pubs have been built over and from my old neck of the woods, the North Pole and Notting Hill Barn disappeared off the map. Around 1984 took my wife, then girlfriend, to the Barn and virtually every seat in it had been slashed. Embarrassingly suggested we may as well have one drink in there and ended up staying in there for a good few hours, not by choice though. An enforced lock in ensued when a gypsy kid suddenly went barmy, smashing the pub up, crying his eyes out as he begged the landlord to get the old bill down to arrest him. Apparently outside was an entourage of his brethren who were due to pick him up, taking him back to the camp and put a bullet in his head. What was quite funny was how the landlord seemed far more comfortable watching his pub get systematically wrecked than actually calling the Police.

I'm no fan of All Bar One's but there's a lot to be said for gentrification of pubs.

Where will it all end? Yummy Mummies in Kath Kidston wellingtons and barbour jackets scuffling on the floor whilst Bunty shouts: 'Leave it, Orianna, it is clear that she has had a polite sufficiency!'

Actually, that sounds pretty good. As you were.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Flat roofed pubs.. on 12:50 - Jun 5 with 7325 viewshopphoops

Flat roofed pubs.. on 12:33 - Jun 5 by Dorse

Where will it all end? Yummy Mummies in Kath Kidston wellingtons and barbour jackets scuffling on the floor whilst Bunty shouts: 'Leave it, Orianna, it is clear that she has had a polite sufficiency!'

Actually, that sounds pretty good. As you were.

Wasn't that the All Bar One business plan? With the clear windows of course so the flat roof exiles could watch from outside.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Flat roofed pubs.. on 12:57 - Jun 5 with 7304 viewsR_from_afar

Flat roofed pubs.. on 06:33 - Jun 4 by stevec

I agree that there is a lot of gentrification of pubs going on, but as most of you probably know, the fact that a pub is part of a big, national chain is no guarantee of a terror-free drink.

Yates Wine Lodge in Leamington Spa was rough as a badger's arse when I used to live in the area (and it wasn't just the blokes who were violent) and The Litten Tree in Coventry, whilst outwardly smart and respectable, was the roughest pub I have been too. There were three fights in one night with the bouncers dragging one miscreant out by their neck. When we left, an ambulance was parked outside. There might even have been an "ambulance rank" outside. To quote the Halifax ad, "That's awful".

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Flat roofed pubs.. on 13:16 - Jun 5 with 7284 viewsMick_S

Flat roofed pubs.. on 12:57 - Jun 5 by R_from_afar

I agree that there is a lot of gentrification of pubs going on, but as most of you probably know, the fact that a pub is part of a big, national chain is no guarantee of a terror-free drink.

Yates Wine Lodge in Leamington Spa was rough as a badger's arse when I used to live in the area (and it wasn't just the blokes who were violent) and The Litten Tree in Coventry, whilst outwardly smart and respectable, was the roughest pub I have been too. There were three fights in one night with the bouncers dragging one miscreant out by their neck. When we left, an ambulance was parked outside. There might even have been an "ambulance rank" outside. To quote the Halifax ad, "That's awful".

RFA

My pleasure.

Phwoaaaaar.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

Flat roofed pubs.. on 01:26 - Jun 6 with 7109 viewstimcocking

Flat roofed pubs.. on 14:00 - Apr 29 by BrianMcCarthy

The Hind and Hart in Graham Park, Hendon. Of all the gin joints in all the world you had to defecate in the pocket of the pool table in this one.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2014 14:01]

Surely that's in Romania?
Flat roofed pubs.. on 09:05 - Jun 6 with 7015 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Not a flat roofed Pub, but I was in the Stewart Arms in Shepherds Bush on Monday. What a success story.

Was in there a few years ago when Crack deals were taking place openly outside. Now it’s a decent boozer.
Flat roofed pubs.. on 09:11 - Jun 6 with 7006 viewsTheChef

Flat roofed pubs.. on 13:16 - Jun 5 by Mick_S

My pleasure.

Phwoaaaaar.

Oooh she's lovely - used to be in Brookside back in the day.

http://limemanagement.tv/talent/tiffany-chapman/

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Flat roofed pubs.. on 09:16 - Jun 6 with 6997 viewsMick_S

Flat roofed pubs.. on 09:11 - Jun 6 by TheChef

Oooh she's lovely - used to be in Brookside back in the day.

http://limemanagement.tv/talent/tiffany-chapman/

Wouldn't see her in a flat roofed pub. No way.

Flat roofed pubs.. on 16:26 - Jun 6 with 6861 viewsDorse

Flat roofed pubs.. on 09:16 - Jun 6 by Mick_S

Wouldn't see her in a flat roofed pub. No way.

Too many teeth / not enough tattoos

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Flat roofed pubs.. on 18:53 - Apr 12 with 4942 viewshantssi

Just bumping this back up to cheer us all up.
My brother said he’d been reading it recently and it had him in stitches (which you could get if you drunk in some of these places!).
Flat roofed pubs.. on 19:59 - Apr 12 with 4865 viewsloftboy

Flat roofed pubs.. on 14:03 - Apr 29 by Clive_Anderson

The Globe in one of the nastiest bits of Nottingham. Only half of it has a flat roof though.

Amusingly it actually looks like two blokes doing a drug deal outside it as the Google Streetview van went passed:

http://tinyurl.com/kw6vwy8

Just clicked on the link and it would appear the pub has been demolished!! Wonder why?????

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Flat roofed pubs.. on 20:26 - Apr 12 with 4827 viewsBrixtonR

I'm sure it's been mentioned but my football local used to be The Wat Tyler on the ferrior
I'm always been accused by people as being somewhat paranoid in that I always look around and check meself (before I wreck meself) and entrances and people when I go anywhere lol
Flat roofed pubs.. on 20:39 - Apr 12 with 4804 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

My favourite pub. 'The Good Intent' in Rochester.

So very sadly no more as recently demolished to make way for housing.

Real Ales served direct from the cask. Secret garden entrances. Stuffers steps. Sit around the table folk music. Poetry.

'So many have entered as a stranger and left as a Friend'

As did I.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 14:18]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Flat roofed pubs.. on 21:10 - Apr 12 with 4757 viewsOutWestR

Flat roofed pubs.. on 15:43 - Apr 11 by Pigbag

I live in West Molesey and frequented The Surveyor a few times, the stories are real.

Ahh, that takes me back. During the summer after I left school I spent a month working in one of the factories on the industrial estate before starting college? On the last day we all went to the Surveyors at lunch time, it was absolutely heaving, spent three hours there, staggered back to work and all got sacked for being late/drunk!
Flat roofed pubs.. on 00:04 - Apr 13 with 4662 viewsplasmahoop

Flat roofed pubs.. on 20:39 - Apr 12 by CliveWilsonSaid

My favourite pub. 'The Good Intent' in Rochester.

So very sadly no more as recently demolished to make way for housing.

Real Ales served direct from the cask. Secret garden entrances. Stuffers steps. Sit around the table folk music. Poetry.

'So many have entered as a stranger and left as a Friend'

As did I.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2020 14:18]

Whaaaaat. Really sad to hear this. As an ex resident of medway I haven't been in there for quite a few years. There were plenty of grotty pubs there, probably enough for a flat roof boozer thread on its own, but that was a cracking pub
Flat roofed pubs.. on 00:20 - Apr 13 with 4651 viewsdistortR

https://images.app.goo.gl/kkgu1EbtsfJdego49

The only pub in the IOM to get in 'Britain's roughest pubs' and its.....
Flat roofed pubs.. on 14:15 - Apr 13 with 4454 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Flat roofed pubs.. on 00:04 - Apr 13 by plasmahoop

Whaaaaat. Really sad to hear this. As an ex resident of medway I haven't been in there for quite a few years. There were plenty of grotty pubs there, probably enough for a flat roof boozer thread on its own, but that was a cracking pub

It permanently closed on 31st January apparently. I was last in there about a year ago.

As you say no shortage of pubs nearby flat roof or otherwise. Man of Kent just a stone's throw away which in truth is probably a better pub, beer wise.

So sad about the Good Intent. Terrific community pub.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Flat roofed pubs.. on 15:07 - Apr 13 with 4419 viewsClive_Anderson

Flat roofed pubs.. on 19:59 - Apr 12 by loftboy

Just clicked on the link and it would appear the pub has been demolished!! Wonder why?????

But it is forever in our hearts.

It's also on google maps still if you go back in time (you can choose the year below the address part):

https://goo.gl/maps/nnVdQ2M1pZ7LyTzH9

What year did this thread start? So many pubs gone since then, including both The Flying Shuttle pubs in Bolton and Bury (from page 2 on this thread) demolished.

I reckon the government should remove booze duty for pubs and also make it difficult to allow permission to change their use, so they're not sold off for housing. They are one of the best things about this country, so are worth saving.
Flat roofed pubs.. on 15:53 - Apr 13 with 4374 viewsplasmahoop

Flat roofed pubs.. on 14:15 - Apr 13 by CliveWilsonSaid

It permanently closed on 31st January apparently. I was last in there about a year ago.

As you say no shortage of pubs nearby flat roof or otherwise. Man of Kent just a stone's throw away which in truth is probably a better pub, beer wise.

So sad about the Good Intent. Terrific community pub.

Yes it's sad, I was a bit taken aback by this one. community pubs have struggled, but I notice the good intent was owned by enterprise inns, so the council should have been wise to their game, as they are basically a property development company. Rochester still has a lot of pubs, but not so strood, which hardly has any left. Estate /flat roof pubs have died out most. Tonbridge, where I live now has several large housing estates where all the pubs have gone, and it's similar in tunbridge wells where there was an excellent flat roof pub called the sir alf ramsay which was demolished last year
Flat roofed pubs.. on 15:13 - Sep 8 with 3827 viewsMick_S

After visiting the flat roofed pub:

Flat roofed pubs.. on 22:51 - Sep 8 with 3652 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Flat roofed pubs.. on 15:13 - Sep 8 by Mick_S

After visiting the flat roofed pub:

There's a separate thread possible right there, Mick.

Neon-lit take-aways.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024