Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player Contracts 21:56 - May 24 with 5021 viewsLazyFan

Hi,
According to this list:
http://www.indyrs.co.uk/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16006

This leaves us with the following:

Goalkeepers:
Brian MURPHY
Julio CESAR

Defenders:
Coll DONALDSON
Max EHMER
Nedum ONUOHA
Danny SIMPSON
Yun SUK-YOUNG
Michael HARRIMAN

Midfielders:
Joey BARTON
Karl HENRY
Junior HOILETT
Michael PETRASSO
Matt PHILLIPS
Frankie SUTHERLAND
Shaun WRIGHT-PHILLIPS
Samba DIAKITE
Esteban GRANERO
Adel TAARABT

Strikers:
Charlie AUSTIN
Tom HITCHCOCK
Loic REMY

That leaves us with 21 players, not all of them first teamers.

Assumptions:
Lets assume that the following players will be sold:
Loic REMY, Adel TAARABT, Julio CESAR

Numbers go down to 18 players after those sales.

Lets assume that the following players will get new contracts:
Robert GREEN
Richard DUNNE (apparently the rumor is he gets an auto 1-year renewal if he plays enough games which he has).
Clint HILL (rumours of a deal for one more year)
Armand TRAORE (considered a back up left-winger)
Niko KRANJCAR (assuming Harry stays, he will be signed)
Alejandro FAURLIN (promised a new contract, we shall see)
Gary O'NEIL (gets a new 1-year deal for 'taking one for the team'. Club will no doubt show loyalty here)

That leaves us with 25 players.
So, this means we would probably buy around 10 players at least to get us to 35 players. Fulham had 45 so, 35 is not large.

We would clearly need 3 more strikers and we all know we need a left back and two central defenders. And possibly even a right back as well. Along with a left winger. Could be another merry go round of transfers.

On the list I assume would be:
Ravel MORRISON age 21(to replace Adel)
Gary Hooper age 26 (not that many prem goals, but in a poor Norwich side and would be cheaper wages wise than some big prem star we cannot afford anyway).
Sebastien Bassong age 27 (not great, but we are going to be in cheap mode now)
Jordan Rhodes age 24 (goal machine we need to try out in the Prem and Blackburn need the money)

Dunno about the rest? Wasn't there some guy from Wigan who was a very good defender?
Lets hope we do not buy a load of silly players again.

BTW:
Even I went to Wembley. Block E, Stairway 502, Row 33 Seat 44.
Harry is a lucky manager.

Back to sleep now.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Player Contracts on 22:13 - May 24 with 4955 viewsisawqpratwcity

too hard, tonight.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Player Contracts on 09:21 - May 25 with 4742 viewshoops_legend

O Neil took one for the team but that should not warrant a new contract. He has been average all season. How would he fare in prem?
Player Contracts on 09:29 - May 25 with 4712 viewseghamranger

Think BZ had done enough for another year deal! 😄
Player Contracts on 09:40 - May 25 with 4685 viewsWatford_Ranger

Zamora and O'Neil will be fondly remembered for yesterday and rightly so but neither are anywhere near to Prem standard and would free up, at a guess, £60k per week in wages.
Player Contracts on 10:19 - May 25 with 4587 viewsessextaxiboy

Ji Sung Park wages free up 3 mill
Player Contracts on 10:33 - May 25 with 4537 viewsLoft1979

Player Contracts on 10:19 - May 25 by essextaxiboy

Ji Sung Park wages free up 3 mill

It's nice to be able to think about this as opposed to the reverse.

Fist though, can Harry keep going? Will he bring Tim Sherwood in ( in a McClaren roll) and transition him to succeed as manager?
Player Contracts on 11:30 - May 25 with 4429 viewsbloberts

I'm pretty sure Yossi was on an 18 month contract?

Poll: Who did you vote for as player of the season?

Player Contracts on 11:36 - May 25 with 4405 viewskropotkin41

For all his hard work yesterday before he went off and in the semis, I can't see NK staying - he's crocked. I suspect that yesterday was his swansong.

BZ - that was his grand finale! And what a finale! 40,000 Rs singing his name all over London!

Dunne and Clint sadly don't have much to offer for the Prem I think.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Login to get fewer ads

Player Contracts on 11:52 - May 25 with 4368 viewsQPR_Jim

Player Contracts on 10:33 - May 25 by Loft1979

It's nice to be able to think about this as opposed to the reverse.

Fist though, can Harry keep going? Will he bring Tim Sherwood in ( in a McClaren roll) and transition him to succeed as manager?

Why not make Clint a player/Coach then groom him to take over? Sherwood is a Spurs man nearly 100 appearances and 5yrs on the coaching staff. He cares about Spurs. Why don't we get someone who cares about QPR like Clint and groom them to take over from Harry.
Player Contracts on 12:45 - May 25 with 4292 viewsGloucs_R

Its going to be tough but we need to add another 7-8 players for the Prem. We need a LB, CB a couple of midfielders (DM and AM) and a couple of forwards.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Player Contracts on 12:54 - May 25 with 4269 views08olesen

Player Contracts on 12:45 - May 25 by Gloucs_R

Its going to be tough but we need to add another 7-8 players for the Prem. We need a LB, CB a couple of midfielders (DM and AM) and a couple of forwards.

Think we need RB. Danny Simpson has been awesome this year and the prospect of having Hughes there was not one i enjoyed this season. I think Wisdom would be a good loan player to back up danny.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Player Contracts on 13:02 - May 25 with 4246 viewsstansleftfoot

Player Contracts on 12:54 - May 25 by 08olesen

Think we need RB. Danny Simpson has been awesome this year and the prospect of having Hughes there was not one i enjoyed this season. I think Wisdom would be a good loan player to back up danny.

Some good players out there, Wisdom and Thorne, both caught my eye, both in positions we need.
Barton and Thorne, a great combo as DM.
Player Contracts on 17:14 - May 25 with 4137 viewsderbyhoop

There are a lot of players out of contract. Dunne has already been offered an extension and there's a fair chance that short term deals will be offered to Hill and Faurlin. I'd be tempted to offer a deal to Green, but not on anywhere near his current wages. Similarly with Zamora. In the case of BZ, a 1 year contract reflecting the fact that he can only just manage 60 minutes per week, at a push. I'm not sure that any others deserve another deal.

Of the loanees, the only one I'd want to retain would be Morrison. He's flawed but, at 21, his talent is obvious and can be developed.

If we don't want to make the same mistakes as under the Hughes regime, then we cannot and should not be spending millions on transfer fees or wages. I'd be looking at a youngish centre back, at least one midfielder and 1 or 2 strikers.
I very much doubt whether Donaldson will be ready next season for a regular role in the PL, so I'd be looking at somebody with extensive Championship level experience. Examples include Lascelles from Forest or Dunk from Brighton. In midfield, I've not seen many better performances than Thorne's yesterday. Up front, I'd take Doyle (as a squad player), providedthe wages were sensible. I'd also look at Ulloa and Deeney and Stevie May from St Johnstone.

And I'd take Sherwood onto the staff, with a view to having him take over from Harry. He's worked with the youngsters at Spurs and did a decent job at WHL, before getting the sack.

In every case, we're looking at people who are reasonably young and would see QPR as a step up.

I would hope that the scouting team are frantically busy, scouring Europe. We also know that we've had scouts in Scotland.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Player Contracts on 18:52 - May 25 with 4008 viewsVancouverHoop

Of the loanees Harry really likes Little Tom and will probably try and pry him away from Spurs. Maybe BAE too, on the basis that the devil you know is better than the devil you don't. With Yun pushing him for a place, who knows, he might even get his brain on straight again.
Player Contracts on 20:43 - May 25 with 3927 viewsLblock

Player Contracts on 12:54 - May 25 by 08olesen

Billy Jones at WBA is out of contract and I've always rated him whenever I've seen him.
I'd also take Liam Ridgewell off of them I think he's also out of contract. He's rumoured to be an R's fan as well

Steven Caulker would be a great addition but will be too expensive

Strikers are what we need.
Doyle was shockingly anonymous yesterday but I do like him as a player, for the Prem I'm not sure
Charlie needs a partner and hopefully we can get someone better than Maigia (bet you'd forgotten about him) or Will Keane Offside, H needs to pull a Defo out of the transfer hat and not a Marco Boogers

Whilst we pretty much all agree the squad this year hasn't been up to much I do hope the Bungle boys have learnt and don't rip the spirit out of it. The band of brothers needs to stick together
The core as I see it is Green, Joey, Clint, Chief, Simpson, Yun, Gaz O'Neil and Charlie.
I'd definitely get Ravel and hopefully Matt Phillips can kick on
Hoillet has had more chances than deserves - do we give him another?

I hope Ceasar fcuks off and I think Remy needs to go and sadly Adel also needs to move on.
Hopefully SWP will dissappear or stick to selling choc ices pre match

What do we do with Faurlin and Granero? The premiership isn't a place for sentiment

Anyway the absolute key is our 25 man squad all pulling same direction with spirit and commitment plus be nice to see a couple of youth lads breaking through and supplement in the 25

An interesting summer ahead

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Player Contracts on 22:16 - May 25 with 3857 viewsDylanP

Player Contracts on 11:52 - May 25 by QPR_Jim

Why not make Clint a player/Coach then groom him to take over? Sherwood is a Spurs man nearly 100 appearances and 5yrs on the coaching staff. He cares about Spurs. Why don't we get someone who cares about QPR like Clint and groom them to take over from Harry.

'arry has one more year of contract. With the best will in the world, Clint is not going to be ready to take over a Premiership outfit in one year. It doesn't work like that.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Player Contracts on 23:00 - May 25 with 3793 viewsAlvarado

Good post Lazy.

Derby hoop I agree with you. There are a lot of players out and some of them are big players.

I would want a new contract for:

Hill, Dunne, Green (on more reasonable wages). These may not be top PL players but where we went wrong last time (IMHO) is when we ripped out the soul of the team. So there needs to be (I think) a good reason not to renew these players' contracts. Hill personifies this for me, Green is a pro for us, I can forgive mistakes, his replacement would bring other risks. Faulin and perhaps Zamorra have earned a role as part of our core team and as such I would prefer them to be offered new deals too. BZ would need to be on less cash (like Green), reflecting as Derbyhoop says his injury/risk. Faulin is a fans favourite, longest serving player (Adel may have this too but Faulin has done 5 years I think?) but question marks over his ACL? So he and BZ are both risky but we should stick with them to keep the team spirit together (esp Faulin).

I would like to sign Morrison, decent player, committed, again would help to keep current team together. Traore I could categorise similarly - though I'd accept his loss.

Everyone else, fine to go.

Again, to retain team spirit, I would rather not have Mbia, Taarabt and Granero back. I like Remy, I'm not aware of any reason why he couldn't fit in well without screwing up the dressing room, and I would like him back - however that's out of our hands I think.

The critical thing is not to rip the team apart but to sign a few select players. Interesting that both Hill and Green both came out saying as such in post match interviews yesterday. I really believe we have to build on what we have - for both footballing and financial reasons. I would rather be relegated with dignity than sign a load more mercenaries. The club should show more loyalty this time (up to a point - ie wages for Green and Zamorra in particular).

Quoting Derby Hoop: "If we don't want to make the same mistakes as under the Hughes regime, then we cannot and should not be spending millions on transfer fees or wages." I would stand behind this too.
[Post edited 25 May 2014 23:07]
Player Contracts on 23:37 - May 25 with 3743 viewsQPR_Jim

Player Contracts on 22:16 - May 25 by DylanP

'arry has one more year of contract. With the best will in the world, Clint is not going to be ready to take over a Premiership outfit in one year. It doesn't work like that.

Well he's already able to quickly assess subs whilst playing left back. I reckon player-manager next season with Harry as DoF!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024