Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunday papers this morning... 11:08 - May 25 with 7480 viewsDrewster

They really hate us don't they?
How dare QPR win that game when derby were so much better and their players so much younger.
The journos and every other team are just going to be waiting for us to struggle next season and the minute we do they'll be straight at us.
Get over it, we did a smash and grab.
Sunday papers this morning... on 11:13 - May 25 with 5748 viewseghamranger

F### Em!!!!

Who buys a paper anyway these days
Sunday papers this morning... on 11:15 - May 25 with 5734 viewsPommyhoop

Like I said on another thread.I'm quite liking this Milwall 'they dont like us ' feeling..
F'ck em all ..
We dont care.As they say Sarf of the river.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Sunday papers this morning... on 11:15 - May 25 with 5725 viewswestberksr

The Fail on Sunday reads more like an obituary for Derby, Patrick Collins continues his war on Harry; well the headline Patrick my old chum is that we won and go up and you are a CNT of the highest order!
Sunday papers this morning... on 11:25 - May 25 with 5659 viewsPhilmyRs

Henry Winter in the telegraph does a good piece which I think is fair. Still can't believe we won that game, outclassed and outplayed for the majority of it, but putting the ball in the back of the net is what counts. What a day
Sunday papers this morning... on 11:34 - May 25 with 5614 viewsingeminate

Sunday papers this morning... on 11:15 - May 25 by westberksr

The Fail on Sunday reads more like an obituary for Derby, Patrick Collins continues his war on Harry; well the headline Patrick my old chum is that we won and go up and you are a CNT of the highest order!

I detest that bald headed pr!ck

Edit wrong Patrick -'Barclay does my head in
[Post edited 25 May 2014 11:35]

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Sunday papers this morning... on 11:43 - May 25 with 5552 viewspomanjou

Sunday papers this morning... on 11:25 - May 25 by PhilmyRs

Henry Winter in the telegraph does a good piece which I think is fair. Still can't believe we won that game, outclassed and outplayed for the majority of it, but putting the ball in the back of the net is what counts. What a day

Philmy

Can't agree with you fella. We we're defensively outstanding and in thr final analysis they did not have that many shots on goal and when they did Greeno was well positioned to stop em.

They chose almost all out attack, we chose a more defence and counter strategy.

We won.

You Rrrrrrrrrrrsssss

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Sunday papers this morning... on 12:04 - May 25 with 5441 viewsOakR

Sunday papers this morning... on 11:43 - May 25 by pomanjou

Philmy

Can't agree with you fella. We we're defensively outstanding and in thr final analysis they did not have that many shots on goal and when they did Greeno was well positioned to stop em.

We won.

You Rrrrrrrrrrrsssss

That's certainly the glass half-full view!

We did defend superbly though, no one can argue with that.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Sunday papers this morning... on 12:05 - May 25 with 5437 viewsjonno

Sunday papers this morning... on 11:25 - May 25 by PhilmyRs

"outclassed and outplayed for the majority of it"

Total rubbish.
Login to get fewer ads

Sunday papers this morning... on 12:10 - May 25 with 5391 viewsDiscodroid

up until the point where oniel took one for the team, and reduced us to ten men, i thought it was even..derby seem to forget the really good chance that austin had, and imo, should have put away.

green was called upon to make some good saves after this , but none which i wouldnt expect a good solid competent keeper to make.

if you read the papers listen to the bbc this morning he was the the love child of gorgon banks and lev yashin!!!!.

a lot was made of us being a dads army and derby being the nearest thing to the dutch team of 1974.

bollocks to that!

isnt world class defending part of the game , just as much as will hughes harkonnen hairstyle??. btw what a moany in your face ref bastard he was.

in the sun yesterday , in the betting section...i quote "hoops have obsecenely paid players allover the pitch, and to miss out on auto promotion was shamefull..so dont cry too many tears for them".

the bloke who writes the article looks like one of those turds baking on the pavement , in the hot 1976 sunshine that some toddler has stuck 'funny feet' ice cream lolly sticks in for eyes and a mouth.
[Post edited 25 May 2014 12:14]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Sunday papers this morning... on 12:12 - May 25 with 5372 viewsBrightonhoop

They could not break us down. We only had 10 men. Dunne and Green were superb. The longer it went on without Derby getting through, the more I started to believe we could get something.
Couldn't give a f++k what the papers say, and as for those two cretins on Sky, well Rangers won and did it in style so f++k you.
Sunday papers this morning... on 12:14 - May 25 with 5363 views81A

Its less about Wembley yesterday and to do with us morphing from everyone's second favourite team in the 70's to become an ugly money chewing scandal ridden ogre. Get over it you press tarts, we are Premier League.
Sunday papers this morning... on 12:19 - May 25 with 5338 viewsDWQPR

Sunday papers this morning... on 11:34 - May 25 by ingeminate

I detest that bald headed pr!ck

Edit wrong Patrick -'Barclay does my head in
[Post edited 25 May 2014 11:35]

Did the headline in the Fail really call Barclay a Knut? If so far play to them, I'll start to subscribe!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Sunday papers this morning... on 12:21 - May 25 with 5324 viewsLewes_r

End of the day this game is history and no one outside derby will care about any kind of injustice come August

Bring it on

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Sunday papers this morning... on 12:44 - May 25 with 5262 viewsPhilmyRs

I've seen it many times over the years where we've been the better side and had it stolen from us so I feel like it was deserved yesterday. In terms of play, we struggled to string 3 consecutive passes together, even with 10 men I felt we could have kept the ball a lot better, that's what I meant by outclassed. We just gave the ball away repeatedly and played it long, never looked like scoring with 10 men on the pitch until they gifted us the chance. Although credit the Manager as that was clearly the tactic, keep it goalless and see if we can catch a lucky break. I also agree Derby had no clear chances, although had Garry g not brought their guy down they would have. Dunne by far and way best player, solid defensive shape, but never did I feel first 10 apart, that we were the better team. I can understand why though, play offs are horrible games to be involved in and rarely will they be a great footballing spectacle. All I care is we won.
Sunday papers this morning... on 12:58 - May 25 with 5203 viewswestberksr

Sunday papers this morning... on 12:19 - May 25 by DWQPR

Did the headline in the Fail really call Barclay a Knut? If so far play to them, I'll start to subscribe!

I was paraphrasing it, it's what I thought it said having read his drivelling piece of shit.

Sunday papers this morning... on 13:16 - May 25 with 5137 viewsTheBlob

Do these journos actually watch the game?
We'd dominated the first 25,then lost Niko and had a man sent off.
"Hoilett started the day on the left" didn't see that one Brian F*cking Glanville.I used to like your reports but it's back to the care home whence you came.And as for Rod Liddle......On the off chance you go walking down a dark alleyway in Aberystwyth,take a big stick.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Sunday papers this morning... on 13:20 - May 25 with 5118 viewsizlingtonhoop

The Guardian makes it seem as though we weren't there.

Even when we down to ten men I never honestly thought they were gonna score. Never much thought we were either.

As for the comments, why do so many people hate us?
Not one fan of another club would tell Mittal to sling it if he turned up at their club.

Just jealous.

COYRs
Sunday papers this morning... on 13:27 - May 25 with 5089 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sunday papers this morning... on 11:43 - May 25 by pomanjou

Philmy

We won.

You Rrrrrrrrrrrsssss

Semi-agree Pom - but not sure where that 'counter' was!
To be honest, in terms of everything except for dogged defending, we were poor. Passing was poor to non-existent, we only had one shot on target, we barely caused them a single problem all day. Having said that, Derby may have had all the play but will definitely be upset that they failed to trouble us further than they did. Greeno was ace (clear MOTM for me) but he was hardly over-employed. They just didn't really have the nous to find a way past us (except when O'Neil stopped them, ahem), and if you don't score, you can't win a game.
In the end, it was a pretty dire game enlivened by an incredible ending and to be honest I don't care how we won, whether we deserved it, what anyone else thinks or whatever. We won. Against the odds and with a last minute winner and it was absolutely beautiful!
Plus, Derby's winner v us at their place was a foul, so what goes around comes around ;)

Bare bones.

Sunday papers this morning... on 13:33 - May 25 with 5066 viewsstansleftfoot

Sunday papers this morning... on 12:14 - May 25 by 81A

Its less about Wembley yesterday and to do with us morphing from everyone's second favourite team in the 70's to become an ugly money chewing scandal ridden ogre. Get over it you press tarts, we are Premier League.

Football Fans are mere vassals of their Clubs owners, our owners want a £60 Million Football Academy embedded in a West London Community, a 40000 purpose built entertainment venue which also is home for a 130 year old Football Club, playing it's Football in the worlds biggest financial league.
It's not the Fan's fault football has got ugly, it will take me sometime to deal with my ethic in regard to O'Neils tackle, unfortunately, it's now the norm.
We could have been punished by the final result, but experience, will and luck got us this result. We took the blows and Barton got the ball back at a crucial match winning moment. No journalist will steal this feeling from me, we deserved the win, football is a complex game nowadays.
I remember England losing to Brazil, with Moore and our own Mullery being spoken of in the same terms as Beckenbauer and Pele.
England proudly lost, QPR can take the same pride having won.
Winning well can wait a little longer, winning badly will do fine right now.
Sunday papers this morning... on 13:47 - May 25 with 5008 viewsTheBlob

Sunday papers this morning... on 13:33 - May 25 by stansleftfoot

Football Fans are mere vassals of their Clubs owners, our owners want a £60 Million Football Academy embedded in a West London Community, a 40000 purpose built entertainment venue which also is home for a 130 year old Football Club, playing it's Football in the worlds biggest financial league.
It's not the Fan's fault football has got ugly, it will take me sometime to deal with my ethic in regard to O'Neils tackle, unfortunately, it's now the norm.
We could have been punished by the final result, but experience, will and luck got us this result. We took the blows and Barton got the ball back at a crucial match winning moment. No journalist will steal this feeling from me, we deserved the win, football is a complex game nowadays.
I remember England losing to Brazil, with Moore and our own Mullery being spoken of in the same terms as Beckenbauer and Pele.
England proudly lost, QPR can take the same pride having won.
Winning well can wait a little longer, winning badly will do fine right now.

Hear hear.Up to this point have you really been bothered by what is said in a biased press and from the supporters of other teams?It's time to stop being apologetic and politely pointing out errors in logic - these are football supporters for Christs sake,hardly the brightest lights on the Christmas tree.
Well if we're the Head Ogre then start living up to the title,go on the aggressive.
It's rather rich that Liddle digs us out when he represents Millwall.Maybe we're the new Millwall,or the footballing UKIP in terms of establishment non-popularity.You know what,it all kind of appeals.
I've had some messages of support from Man City fans,brothers in arms,or could it be brothers in alms?

Sunday papers this morning... on 13:50 - May 25 with 4997 viewskensalriser

Thing is, the agenda is set before the game and the media decides the 'angle'. In this case, Derby's young guns go up and at Rangers' old guard and triumph in a goal bonanza.

The truth doesn't make for nearly such good copy; a dull game of few opportunities in which Derby's attack is smothered by Rangers' defensive play and the latter win despite playing with 10 men for 30 minutes thanks to a defensive error exploited by one of the decrepit old guard.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sunday papers this morning... on 13:53 - May 25 with 4979 viewsjonno

Sunday papers this morning... on 12:44 - May 25 by PhilmyRs

I've seen it many times over the years where we've been the better side and had it stolen from us so I feel like it was deserved yesterday. In terms of play, we struggled to string 3 consecutive passes together, even with 10 men I felt we could have kept the ball a lot better, that's what I meant by outclassed. We just gave the ball away repeatedly and played it long, never looked like scoring with 10 men on the pitch until they gifted us the chance. Although credit the Manager as that was clearly the tactic, keep it goalless and see if we can catch a lucky break. I also agree Derby had no clear chances, although had Garry g not brought their guy down they would have. Dunne by far and way best player, solid defensive shape, but never did I feel first 10 apart, that we were the better team. I can understand why though, play offs are horrible games to be involved in and rarely will they be a great footballing spectacle. All I care is we won.

Derby were only the better side for the last 30 mins once we were down to ten men and you would expect that. Most people - including journos - only remember the last 30 mins of games and that is what you are doing. We started off the game the better side and probably just shaded the first half without either team looking like scoring. Second half up until the sending off it was about even, but we had the only clear cut chance when Austin should have hit the target. At that point I thought they looked a bit shaky at the back and we could certainly get a goal if we attacked them in a sustained fashion. The sending off then happened straight after which meant we could no longer do that - we could not hold the ball up front and get men forward to support so naturally Derby were well on top. But I said to one of my mates, if we can just get players forward once or twice we could nick a goal here. They then lost concentration at the back as they had been on top and were waiting for extra time and the rest is history.
Sunday papers this morning... on 14:06 - May 25 with 4902 viewsHollowayRanger

you can bet they had all type up derbys great wembley win report and were just waiting to add in the name of their match winner

when out of nowhere bobby hits the winner

rip it up and start again!!!!!!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Sunday papers this morning... on 14:37 - May 25 with 4827 viewsstansleftfoot

Phil and Jonno describe the game perfectly, we've watched this QPR side all year, we were no better or worse than usual yesterday, except Dunne lifted his game to its early season level. Derby played their game to suit Dunne, get around his feet and he's done for, he'll head the ball all day! The penalty appeal was the clue, the young Derby side didn't see it, neither did wally sans brolly either...no journ's analysis mentions this and that's because SM has paid his media dues.
This long season has proved us to be very hard to beat with our best side out. One way to beat QPR is to play little balls into the box around Hill, Onouha and Dunnes ankles, don't sling endless crosses in with two much height on them. Elementary! Schteve should have seen it, he should have been on the touchline not on the phone.
Derby had played their best football relentlessly to get to third place, they couldn't get better.....if we could defend as we knew we could, then given time either Austin or Zamora would get a chance...There's a slightly different story to be told of an old fashioned man manager taking on a new wave football coach with Schteve missing his chance and Harry taking it.
Redknapp and QPR have undergone a huge change, we've got our result, Redknapp will stay next year, its how Fernandes and Beard manage Harry that will be the telling factor relating to whether we can stay up...these modern Journo's don't know their Football, Brian Glanville wrote his stuff on Fleet Street and played his Football for the Chelsea Casuals on Gunnersbury, Wormwood Scrubs, he would have understood what QPR have been through this year. These modern Journo's are more interested in the celebrity of players and managers, there are many debts repaid in the papers.
Sunday papers this morning... on 14:42 - May 25 with 4800 viewsTheBlob

Sunday papers this morning... on 14:37 - May 25 by stansleftfoot

Phil and Jonno describe the game perfectly, we've watched this QPR side all year, we were no better or worse than usual yesterday, except Dunne lifted his game to its early season level. Derby played their game to suit Dunne, get around his feet and he's done for, he'll head the ball all day! The penalty appeal was the clue, the young Derby side didn't see it, neither did wally sans brolly either...no journ's analysis mentions this and that's because SM has paid his media dues.
This long season has proved us to be very hard to beat with our best side out. One way to beat QPR is to play little balls into the box around Hill, Onouha and Dunnes ankles, don't sling endless crosses in with two much height on them. Elementary! Schteve should have seen it, he should have been on the touchline not on the phone.
Derby had played their best football relentlessly to get to third place, they couldn't get better.....if we could defend as we knew we could, then given time either Austin or Zamora would get a chance...There's a slightly different story to be told of an old fashioned man manager taking on a new wave football coach with Schteve missing his chance and Harry taking it.
Redknapp and QPR have undergone a huge change, we've got our result, Redknapp will stay next year, its how Fernandes and Beard manage Harry that will be the telling factor relating to whether we can stay up...these modern Journo's don't know their Football, Brian Glanville wrote his stuff on Fleet Street and played his Football for the Chelsea Casuals on Gunnersbury, Wormwood Scrubs, he would have understood what QPR have been through this year. These modern Journo's are more interested in the celebrity of players and managers, there are many debts repaid in the papers.

Brian is/was an elitist.Very good at empathising with Italian football and getting the names impeccably pronounced.He used to do decent write ups for us in the seventies when we were riding high.But he's caught the disease now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024