Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was that your best ever Qpr moment? 19:48 - May 25 with 3309 viewsqprewan

Have to say that I can't see much topping that; after oneil got sent off it was pure hell watching that second half which made the goal all the sweeter; being there with both my boys and best mates and 40, 000 Rs was for me one of the best and most emotional moments in my life! The only other time I have felt anything close to that was standing on the North Bank when Clive Allen scored against West Brom. Unbelievable!
Was that your best ever Qpr moment? on 19:54 - May 25 with 3287 viewsGetMeRangers

another rather poor game!

For me, it is another Bobby... Big Bob Hazell's header and terry Fenwick's nod home against Spuds. To go from the defaltion of their 120min goal to that... surreal. Although much younger then, the buzz seemed to last all the way through to the replay and Curries fateful hack of Roberts
Was that your best ever Qpr moment? on 19:58 - May 25 with 3260 viewsloftus77

Yep..been thinking about this hazily.

I still think that Clive Allen's goal at Highbury '82 just shades it, because a) I was a youngster and b) the FA cup Final meant so much more in those days. Also, Anfield in 86 semi-final was right up there...
Was that your best ever Qpr moment? on 20:08 - May 25 with 3234 viewsN12Hoop

Was that your best ever Qpr moment? on 19:58 - May 25 by loftus77

Yep..been thinking about this hazily.

I still think that Clive Allen's goal at Highbury '82 just shades it, because a) I was a youngster and b) the FA cup Final meant so much more in those days. Also, Anfield in 86 semi-final was right up there...

Was at 82 semi and final but was pretty young so don't remember with clarity. So for me yesterday was the greatest moment. When you score in the 25th minute it's not so memorable. When you score in the 90th minute having been down to 10 men for half hour, that's fairy tale stuff. The explosion of joy will live with me forever. In that one moment everything changed.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Was that your best ever Qpr moment? on 20:15 - May 25 with 3197 viewsbillericaydicky

Yes the greatest ever QPR day of my life - following the Rs for 44 years.

Very emotional, cried at the final whistle as I did in 82 at Highbury and when Fenwick equalised. For me the fact it was 90th minute in such a big game, backs to the wall, down to 10 men and no sign that the goal was coming. 40,000 Rs singing their hearts out....still can't quite grasp what happened - keep watching it over and over with a lump in my throat.

What a special club and a special day. If I keeled over now I'd die happy.
Was that your best ever Qpr moment? on 20:20 - May 25 with 3173 viewsqprewan

Was that your best ever Qpr moment? on 20:08 - May 25 by N12Hoop

Was at 82 semi and final but was pretty young so don't remember with clarity. So for me yesterday was the greatest moment. When you score in the 25th minute it's not so memorable. When you score in the 90th minute having been down to 10 men for half hour, that's fairy tale stuff. The explosion of joy will live with me forever. In that one moment everything changed.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean, we will never forget those moments and feelings and that's what makes football and supporting Rangers so special!
Was that your best ever Qpr moment? on 20:29 - May 25 with 3149 viewskingsburyR

Greatest sporting moment EVER.

Also top ten in life's best ever, the sheer joy when the goal went in will pic with mad forever.

Nobody within 5m of me was safe.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Was that your best ever Qpr moment? on 20:47 - May 25 with 3094 viewsKingy27

Yesterday was the sweetest QPR exprience of my life. I have never cheered a goal for as long and as loud as I did yesterday. I am 46 and said to a few of my mates all around the same age that this victory meant more to me as an older supporter knowing of the rarity of moments like this. I was so exhausted from cheering that goal and getting over the shock we had even scored, I could hardly speak.
Another thing that made it so special was being with my best mates. Sitting together, sharing that, and being there in the moment makes the memory more special.
Like another poster on here said, I actually said to my wife that if I had a heart attack celebrating the win or a goal I would have died happy!
Was that your best ever Qpr moment? on 20:52 - May 25 with 3076 viewsWestonsuperR

Was that your best ever Qpr moment? on 20:29 - May 25 by kingsburyR

Greatest sporting moment EVER.

Also top ten in life's best ever, the sheer joy when the goal went in will pic with mad forever.

Nobody within 5m of me was safe.

Agree with this was actually thinking earlier that yesterday was definitely in my top 10 days of my life.

Think the goal could well be my most celebrated as well, after it went in I just remember going mental and repeating 'I don't believe it' over and over again, a simply incredible feeling
Login to get fewer ads

Was that your best ever Qpr moment? on 21:37 - May 25 with 2987 viewsRanger78

Yes. 100%

I don't think it will ever be topped. Even if we made a future Cup Final and won, it won't top that
Was that your best ever Qpr moment? on 21:49 - May 25 with 2950 viewsPhildo

Yesterday was QPR The Movie - whole day panned out like a film script
Was that your best ever Qpr moment? on 21:55 - May 25 with 2927 viewsthorpebankR

Certainly the most emotional looking at my 8 year old boy celebrating like a lunatic brought me to tears.
Was that your best ever Qpr moment? on 22:02 - May 25 with 2906 viewsBerkoRanger

+1. I'm 62 and been supporting the R's for 42 years. Best game and goal moment for me, even beating Oldham. Still can't believe it.
What a wonderful club to support.
Was that your best ever Qpr moment? on 22:21 - May 25 with 2852 viewsMonahoop

It was certainly right up there as one of the best, made all the more better as it cast aside all my doubts this season about the team ever getting promoted in the first place.
I still think Fenwicks' goal against Spurs in the FA Cup in '82 tops the list for me. Not a game winner, but just to see us score in the cup final was a huge delight. Oh and any win over Chelsea rates very very high too.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Was that your best ever Qpr moment? on 22:26 - May 25 with 2835 viewsquickpassrotter

Got to be the best for me. To see it right in front of my eyes - Bobby's goal, and at our end too - and to be standing there between my two grown up sons hugging them. Pure emotion. Brilliant.
Was that your best ever Qpr moment? on 22:39 - May 25 with 2807 viewsHantsR

Probably.
Initially I felt such incredible disbelief and wonder at what I had witnessed followed by the sheer joy of realisation and relief that such a thing could happen after that agonising period of sustained pressure, when we were down to 10 men. How could we possibly have pulled that one off against all odds?

But there was still time for it all to go pear-shaped.

We knew that the 90 minutes had to be up but no idea how much time if any was to be added on. Those two, three? minutes seemed an eternity and when Lee Mason finally put whistle to mouth, it was a stupendous moment! - I had to shout out loud that we were now in the Premiership again as the sheer ecstasy of the moment clouded any rational thought. After 47 years of supporting the Hoops, yes, at my age, it was probably the highlight and the most emotional I have ever felt.
Was that your best ever Qpr moment? on 22:53 - May 25 with 2779 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

It was us winning at Sheffield Wednesday away to go up and seeing my team win in the final to go to the premier league, with the last kick of the game (that I can remember!!), at Wembley? Yeah it's gotta be yesterday!

I can barely talk today!
Was that your best ever Qpr moment? on 23:02 - May 25 with 2758 viewsBedford_R

Yes, that was better than Hillsborough. Watched the game 3 times now.

RMH_R Reborn

Was that your best ever Qpr moment? on 00:00 - May 26 with 2702 viewsKiwi76

Was that your best ever Qpr moment? on 20:47 - May 25 by Kingy27

Yesterday was the sweetest QPR exprience of my life. I have never cheered a goal for as long and as loud as I did yesterday. I am 46 and said to a few of my mates all around the same age that this victory meant more to me as an older supporter knowing of the rarity of moments like this. I was so exhausted from cheering that goal and getting over the shock we had even scored, I could hardly speak.
Another thing that made it so special was being with my best mates. Sitting together, sharing that, and being there in the moment makes the memory more special.
Like another poster on here said, I actually said to my wife that if I had a heart attack celebrating the win or a goal I would have died happy!

Similar vintage Kingy and even from 12000 miles away have same feelings.
Our wee band filling up a lounge rather than an end at Wembley but the explosion of joy/relief/shock when the goal goes in was pretty damn special.
Heard Clive Allens goal on BBC World Service, enjoyed Fenwicks equalizer with my Dad in early hours of the morning but you're right about getting older and knowing that these moments don't come around that often.
Magic!
Was that your best ever Qpr moment? on 00:00 - May 26 with 2702 viewsW14Hoop

Was that your best ever Qpr moment? on 20:47 - May 25 by Kingy27

You've summed it up for me fella, from the sending off there was just a low expectation level for us. All that possession and territory by Derby was inevitable, from my seat was utterly exhausting, seeing Green pull save after save, us lot clapping another Dunne or Onouha header off for a corner, I was knackered. How those guys felt out onthe pitch I don't know .

Then a moment of pure ecstasy,the longest goAl celebrations since Cisse scored against Stoke.

I apologise to the mum and her little lad in Block 109 at the back behind me for jumping Into their row and hugging Them to death and the lady next to them as she had no choice but to accept my embrace as well.
It was one of those moments I'll never forget.

1 shot on target, 1 goal.

Thank you Bobby Zamora.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024