Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hi Ho Silver Lining 11:04 - Jun 3 with 9381 viewsspudoodles

Interesting piece about the clubs links to this song.

I'd personally like to hear this played at the start and end of games (if we win) like eg Palace and Glad all Over. I'd get rid of pig bag completely.

I think its better if we have no music after we score too as i find pig bag forces everyone to stop cheering and just clap in time and say hoops.

http://www.indyrs.co.uk/2014/06/hi-ho-silver-lining-the-qpr-connection/
Hi Ho Silver Lining on 11:14 - Jun 3 with 7542 viewsqpr1976

London Calling - Written by one of us - "I never felt so much alika, lika, lika" fadeout

Job done (IMO)
Hi Ho Silver Lining on 11:43 - Jun 3 with 7476 viewsHollowayRanger

Hi Ho Silver Lining on 11:14 - Jun 3 by qpr1976

London Calling - Written by one of us - "I never felt so much alika, lika, lika" fadeout

Job done (IMO)

agreed love london calling should always be used when players come out

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Hi Ho Silver Lining on 12:27 - Jun 3 with 7401 viewssmegma

Hi Ho Silver Lining on 11:14 - Jun 3 by qpr1976

Job done (IMO)

Listening to LC at Wembley with nigh on 40,000 flag waving Rs brought a lump to the throat.
Hi Ho Silver Lining on 12:33 - Jun 3 with 7371 viewsjonno

And typically, Jeff Beck detests the record!
Hi Ho Silver Lining on 12:38 - Jun 3 with 7358 viewsStanisgod

What is that sh@t they play before we come out anyway, the thing with the heavy drum beat that goes on and on ?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Hi Ho Silver Lining on 12:39 - Jun 3 with 7347 viewsTopCat34

Why did they stop playing this!?!

Hi Ho Silver Lining on 13:22 - Jun 3 with 7250 viewsAlbRanger

Hi Ho Silver Lining on 12:38 - Jun 3 by Stanisgod

What is that sh@t they play before we come out anyway, the thing with the heavy drum beat that goes on and on ?

Mean this?? If so, wash your mouth out

Hi Ho Silver Lining on 13:27 - Jun 3 with 7225 viewsthemodfather

ideally you want something, a tune to shake most out of their apathy/coma and cheer the team on...the games v wigan and derby went so well cos the club "planned" something, the hold up flags v wigan went well and the free flags at wembley really gave us the edge, we came out to a sea of colour and derby didn't.
i'm sure they used a who song a while back...never liked the star wars thing...london calling i can go with
but we should consider a take that classic or maybe even a mcbusted anthem...
Login to get fewer ads

Hi Ho Silver Lining on 13:28 - Jun 3 with 7221 viewsbaz_qpr

Nearly every london team uses London calling its not massively original
Hi Ho Silver Lining on 13:34 - Jun 3 with 7206 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Hi Ho Silver Lining on 13:28 - Jun 3 by baz_qpr

But at least we have the Mick Jones link
Hi Ho Silver Lining on 13:59 - Jun 3 with 7140 viewsPinnerPaul

I think next season we have to use the Premier League provided music for handshake.

Clive hates it if I remember rightly from match reports at the time!
Hi Ho Silver Lining on 14:43 - Jun 3 with 7075 viewsMonahoop

Hi Ho Silver Lining on 12:33 - Jun 3 by jonno

And typically, Jeff Beck detests the record!

Hate it he does, but he forgets that song has made him more money than anything else he has done in the past and still I suppose he earns from it when it is played on TV/Radio. He is not the only one who bemoans a trite song that have become nice little earners for their writers.
Hi Ho Silver Lining is a horrible naff little number. I believe Wolves fans did or still do sing it whenever they scored a goal, substituting the Silver Lining bit with Wolverhampton.
Better to leave that ditty with them

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Hi Ho Silver Lining on 15:01 - Jun 3 with 7042 viewsNorthernr

Hi Ho Silver Lining on 13:59 - Jun 3 by PinnerPaul

I think next season we have to use the Premier League provided music for handshake.

Clive hates it if I remember rightly from match reports at the time!

Yes it's on my list of pet hates. Basically because even at Everton, Liverpool and Newcastle where their run out music is an iconic part of the club's history they are obligated by the league to switch it off for 15 seconds of generic happy clappy Premier League theme music while they all shake hands before diving about trying to cheat penalties off each other.

It's an idea cooked up by Scudamore and his other sexist fckwits because of the EU ruling that said they couldn't copyright the matches themselves, but could copyright everything around it. So a pub with a hookie feed isn't breaking the law by showing the match, but is breaking it by showing the handshakes in front of the badge with the bloody music playing.

If I was Everton or a club like I'd tell them to stick it. We run out to Z Cars and that's it. What they going to do? Dock them points?
Hi Ho Silver Lining on 15:36 - Jun 3 with 6982 viewshoopstilidie

You haven't heard Hi Ho Silver Lining until you've heard a drunk middle aged QPR fan the day after Wembley serenading a pub in Skegness and being backed by a bunch of equally hammered Forest fans.

Luckily for you all I'm 'unable' to post the video evidence.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Hi Ho Silver Lining on 18:02 - Jun 3 with 6845 viewsPinnerPaul

Hi Ho Silver Lining on 15:01 - Jun 3 by Northernr

Yes it's on my list of pet hates. Basically because even at Everton, Liverpool and Newcastle where their run out music is an iconic part of the club's history they are obligated by the league to switch it off for 15 seconds of generic happy clappy Premier League theme music while they all shake hands before diving about trying to cheat penalties off each other.

It's an idea cooked up by Scudamore and his other sexist fckwits because of the EU ruling that said they couldn't copyright the matches themselves, but could copyright everything around it. So a pub with a hookie feed isn't breaking the law by showing the match, but is breaking it by showing the handshakes in front of the badge with the bloody music playing.

If I was Everton or a club like I'd tell them to stick it. We run out to Z Cars and that's it. What they going to do? Dock them points?

Told you he didn't like it!

What I see as pointless is the poor guys who have to carry that tarpaulin out into the centre circle, unpack it, flatten it all out and then roll it up, pack it away and cart it off again 20 minutes later.

The Premiership 'bridge" thing the officials stand under is pretty lame as well.

Premier League? - Bah humbug!
[Post edited 3 Jun 2014 18:03]
Hi Ho Silver Lining on 19:01 - Jun 3 with 6729 viewsCiderwithRsie

Hi Ho Silver Lining on 13:28 - Jun 3 by baz_qpr

It's original to us. Everyone else can f*ck off, the Clash were ours.
Hi Ho Silver Lining on 19:56 - Jun 3 with 6650 viewsjonno

Hi Ho Silver Lining on 18:02 - Jun 3 by PinnerPaul

Told you he didn't like it!

What I see as pointless is the poor guys who have to carry that tarpaulin out into the centre circle, unpack it, flatten it all out and then roll it up, pack it away and cart it off again 20 minutes later.

The Premiership 'bridge" thing the officials stand under is pretty lame as well.

Premier League? - Bah humbug!
[Post edited 3 Jun 2014 18:03]

The Premier League. It's sh it isn't it? No, really.
Hi Ho Silver Lining on 21:19 - Jun 3 with 6577 viewsStanisgod

Hi Ho Silver Lining on 13:22 - Jun 3 by AlbRanger

Mean this?? If so, wash your mouth out

You are joking of course,

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Hi Ho Silver Lining on 21:53 - Jun 3 with 6526 viewsEssex_Ranger

Hi Ho Silver Lining on 12:38 - Jun 3 by Stanisgod

I think you are referring to this......
Hi Ho Silver Lining on 09:44 - Jun 4 with 6401 viewsSomersetHoops

I would miss the instrumental bit in the middle of this if it wasn't there

Who's Next?

Hi Ho Silver Lining on 14:36 - Oct 30 with 4147 viewsspudoodles

Hi Ho Silver Lining on 19:01 - Jun 3 by CiderwithRsie

It's original to us. Everyone else can f*ck off, the Clash were ours.

Strummer was Chelsea, Jones was 50/50
Hi Ho Silver Lining on 15:45 - Oct 30 with 4048 viewsThe_Seer

Hi Ho Silver Lining on 14:36 - Oct 30 by spudoodles

Yes, Strummer was a Chelsea fan.
Hi Ho Silver Lining on 15:51 - Oct 30 with 4035 viewsThe_Seer

Hi Ho Silver Lining. God damn awful song.
Hi Ho Silver Lining on 20:52 - Oct 30 with 3862 viewsBoston

Hi Ho Silver Lining on 14:36 - Oct 30 by spudoodles

Ok, if we have to acknowledge 50/50 then it’ll be AC/DC.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hi Ho Silver Lining on 10:36 - Oct 31 with 3713 viewsloftus77

Still prefer the cheery 'whistling' music we ran out to from the 1970s/early 80s?? - can't ever find a recording of it these days but I remember the tune well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024