Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RB Leipzig 08:00 - Jun 5 with 4139 viewsCheshireR

It looks like we may have a pre season friendly in Germany coming up.
I hope this gets confirmed - it would be a top weekend away.

http://m.bild.de/regional/leipzig/rb-leipzig/schalke-versetzt-die-bullen-und-sag

RB Leipzig on 09:42 - Jun 5 with 4002 viewswillis1980

lovely, out of a country with loads of attractive away fixtures we are chosen by one in the nazi armpit.
RB Leipzig on 09:58 - Jun 5 with 3969 viewsDevonWhite

I went to Leipzig for a WC2006 game, it's a nice enough city these days. Close to Berlin too, which is always good.
RB Leipzig on 11:40 - Jun 5 with 3891 viewsCheshireR

I went in 2012 and can confirm it is a fine city.
The ground was built for the world cup in 2006 and the original intention was that it would be a new home for Locomotiv Leipzig.
Unfortunately for Locomotiv their poor league performances and low crowds prevented this from becoming a reality.
Red Bull recognised the opportunity of a massive catchment area without a Bundesliga club so bought another (far less prestigious) Leipzig team and have promptly pumped millions into the venture.
After years of league climbing - RB were promoted last month to Bundesliga 2 - but it is fair to say they are widely disliked across Germany.
They are viewed as being a "plastic" team and simply a marketing vehicle for Red Bull.
All that aside - I'm sure it would be a good away trip
[Post edited 5 Jun 2014 11:41]
RB Leipzig on 12:02 - Jun 5 with 3839 viewsqpr1976

Some might say we're perfectly suited to each other......Not me though.

Promoted last season, but not as Champions.
Spent loads. Owner investments.
Changed the Club Badge.
Upsetting other Clubs & Fans......

Think I'd prefer Oireland.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2014 12:03]
RB Leipzig on 15:28 - Jun 5 with 3698 viewsSonofNorfolt

I've got to disagree about Leipzig.
There is not much there compared to other German cities, though the trip to Colditz is worthwhile.
The stadium is quite good, like a miniature Wembley.
As a club they are despised for not being a real club, like MK Dons.

Can't we play Freiburg, or Paderborn or Greuther Furth where I haven't been or Union Berlin, HSV, or Fortuna Dusseldorf where I like going, and we'd have a better party?
RB Leipzig on 15:36 - Jun 5 with 3680 viewsPlumsteadQPR

RB Leipzig on 15:28 - Jun 5 by SonofNorfolt

I've got to disagree about Leipzig.
There is not much there compared to other German cities, though the trip to Colditz is worthwhile.
The stadium is quite good, like a miniature Wembley.
As a club they are despised for not being a real club, like MK Dons.

Can't we play Freiburg, or Paderborn or Greuther Furth where I haven't been or Union Berlin, HSV, or Fortuna Dusseldorf where I like going, and we'd have a better party?

I agree that there are more attractive cities to visit in Germany (although RB Leipzig would be a new ground for me) but it's only 1 hr 30 or so from Berlin on the train so we'd be back for currywurst and Berlinerweiss in the blink of an eye! Good chance of a game somewhere on the Sunday to take in and all...
RB Leipzig on 16:11 - Jun 5 with 3637 viewsSonofNorfolt

RB Leipzig on 15:36 - Jun 5 by PlumsteadQPR

I agree that there are more attractive cities to visit in Germany (although RB Leipzig would be a new ground for me) but it's only 1 hr 30 or so from Berlin on the train so we'd be back for currywurst and Berlinerweiss in the blink of an eye! Good chance of a game somewhere on the Sunday to take in and all...

The only other game you would be likely to see would be a friendly. The German second division starts pretty early, ie July, although it may be a bit later because of the WC.

Erzgebirge Aue is the team I would love to play.
RB Leipzig on 16:37 - Jun 5 with 3594 viewsDevonWhite

QPR First Team squad to play two friendlies during pre-season tour of Germany ...

THE QPR First Team squad will play two friendlies in Germany next month as part of our build-up to the 2014/15 Premier League campaign.

Harry Redknapp's squad will travel to Thuringia in the Vogtland region of Germany on July 21st, prior to our opening summer pre-season friendly against Bundesliga 3 side Rot Weiß Erfurt a day later at the Steigerwald Stadion — 19.30pm (local time) kick-off.

Three days of training will follow for the Hoops, before another friendly outing against RasenBallsport Leipzig — who won promotion to Bundesliga 2 last season — at the Stadium der Freundschaft (Stadium of Friendship) concludes the tour on July 26th.

Confirmed First Team pre-season fixtures:
Rot Weiß Erfurt v QPR — Tuesday 22nd July 2014 — 19.30pm (local time)
RasenBallsport Leipzig v QPR — Saturday 26th July 2014 — 14.30pm (local time)

*Further details regarding our pre-season schedule will be announced in due course.

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/050614-qpr-germany-2014-pre-season-tour-160299
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024