Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Random irritations.. 09:32 - Jun 10 with 391682 viewsDiscodroid

state funded schools in birmingham calling children to islamic prayer over the playground speakers, eschewing music lessons music, segregation... and the bbc doing a 'what are british values 'phone in this morning. cunnys.

evening standard , who seem to be phasing out their female genital mutilation wall to wall coverage , for a 'say no to rape in war' campaign. to be published in depth every night,, along with pictures of skinny london supermodels falling out of night clubson cocaine and articles on womens shoes and hanbags which cost £15,000 each.

and articles on 'suuuper property dahrling' that cost £25 million for a studio flat in barnes .tedious double page spreads on walthamstow village , sandwiches that are made by freegans for £50...and avante garde homosexual dance troops from slovienia .this paper says nothing at all to the average londoner.

musicals , and the cast's of musicals, especially amateur ones in church halls,romford, last saturday night.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2014 12:29]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Random irritations.. on 21:46 - Oct 12 with 4911 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Oh god. I just turned on bbc1 and had the misfortune of watching 10 mins of what used to be Casualty.

Edit - That'll teach me to come home from the pub early.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2019 21:53]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Random irritations.. on 21:06 - Oct 20 with 4737 viewsloftboy

To go with Talksport now calling matchdsy “game day” sky are now calling clean sheets “shut outs”. Can’t the yanks learn the terms that we have used for our sport for over a century instead of us changing it for them? I don’t see any of the NFL terms being changed into queens English.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2019 10:11]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Random irritations.. on 05:11 - Oct 21 with 4687 viewsMistication92

This trend of football fans, especially kids, filming themselves and doing vlogs at matches and then uploading them onto YouTube. Must be so annoying to be sat next to.

I like fan footage because it gives good new crowd angles and shows the celebrations of the crowd during goals (something the tv never shows enough) but why they have to ruin it with their shit commentary, like anyone gives a fck what they think, is beyond me.
Random irritations.. on 09:31 - Oct 21 with 4621 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Random irritations.. on 21:06 - Oct 20 by loftboy

To go with Talksport now calling matchdsy “game day” sky are now calling clean sheets “shut outs”. Can’t the yanks learn the terms that we have used for our sport for over a century instead of us changing it for them? I don’t see any of the NFL terms being changed into queens English.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2019 10:11]

Speaking of the queens English.

Spell-checker for always giving me American spellings of words.

Random irritations.. on 19:39 - Oct 27 with 4544 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

James Blunt.

Random irritations.. on 11:35 - Oct 28 with 4464 viewsDorse

Random irritations.. on 19:39 - Oct 27 by CliveWilsonSaid

James Blunt.

Aptly-named for rhyming slang, at least.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Random irritations.. on 13:03 - Nov 4 with 4318 viewsMick_S

Random irritations.. on 11:35 - Oct 28 by Dorse

Aptly-named for rhyming slang, at least.

Possibly a Spaca doodle do - Alexa. Feckin' useless.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Random irritations.. on 12:02 - Dec 5 with 4146 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Belly button fluff.

Where does it come from? Everyday when I get up and when I go to bed. There it is.

Login to get fewer ads

Random irritations.. on 12:11 - Dec 5 with 4132 viewsMick_S

People who cant work out that their oyster/contactless card needs to be in their hand and not in a wallet or purse or pocket or bag to be effective. Also, change counters at the till.

Random irritations.. on 12:12 - Dec 5 with 4130 viewsloftboy

Got ahead with my deliveries today, customers choose hourly time slots. Got to my last one which is due at 1:00, got to him at 11:30,customer is in but said he doesn’t want it early!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Random irritations.. on 12:13 - Dec 5 with 4128 viewsMick_S

Random irritations.. on 12:12 - Dec 5 by loftboy

Got ahead with my deliveries today, customers choose hourly time slots. Got to my last one which is due at 1:00, got to him at 11:30,customer is in but said he doesn’t want it early!

I hope it goes off.

Random irritations.. on 13:53 - Dec 5 with 4086 viewsR_from_afar

The football session I run and play in has been going for 12 years, in which time I estimate we have paid the venue around...gulp...£30k!

Anyway, last week, after we had finished, there were just two of us left talking on the pitch after the game. One of the staff came over to lock up - earlier than normal - so we headed to the gate, with me thinking, "OK, so I will have to do my warm down jog in the car park. Not a big deal". Bear in mind that it had rained a lot and it was pretty cold. Then, this happened:

1 - The member of staff locked me in and walked away. So I had to call her back to let me out. The shame of it, a bedraggled, grizzled 55 year old man begging a bored teenager to let him out of his astroturf prison.

2 - Two minutes later, half way through my warm down jog, all the lights were switched off, leaving me struggling to find my kit and the way back to the changing rooms.

3 - A further three minutes later, still in my wet kit, I am doing my customary warm down stretch in their gym, only for another member of staff to walk in and casually say: "Oh, we are closing in five minutes".

Wonderful. All they had needed to do to avoid all that was to warn us when we got there that their last booking had cancelled and that they would be closing early. I really enjoyed balancing on one leg in a freezing cold car park trying to peel off my soaking kit. Nice one! Grrrrrrr

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Random irritations.. on 22:43 - Dec 10 with 3983 viewsDorse

That fcuking 'Holidays Are Coming' Coke advert.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Random irritations.. on 18:23 - Dec 16 with 3886 viewsMiss_Terraces

Bloke in the pub, ordered the most expensive whisky, then not only asked for ice but diet coke

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Random irritations.. on 09:47 - Dec 17 with 3821 viewsMick_S

There is only one s in smart.

Random irritations.. on 13:02 - Dec 17 with 3777 viewsPinnerPaul

Every single year - how is this even a story?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/christmas-getaway-travel-warning-as-millio
Random irritations.. on 13:11 - Dec 17 with 3767 viewsMick_S

Random irritations.. on 13:02 - Dec 17 by PinnerPaul

Every single year - how is this even a story?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/christmas-getaway-travel-warning-as-millio

Watch out folks:

Random irritations.. on 13:59 - Dec 17 with 3740 viewsJuzzie

Random irritations.. on 18:23 - Dec 16 by Miss_Terraces

Bloke in the pub, ordered the most expensive whisky, then not only asked for ice but diet coke

Many, many years ago when I knew no better a group of us were having an evening meal with one of our suppliers and there was a very expensive bottle of white wine on the table of which we all had a glass. I duly added soda to make a spitzer much to the agast of one of my colleagues!
Random irritations.. on 14:02 - Dec 17 with 3736 viewsJuzzie

The Vocal Fry.

That annoying trait where the voice goes all croaky at the end of a sentence. The US/UK equivalent of the Aussie rising inflection.

One of my colleagues behind me does this and I can literally feel my front lobes aching, like scratching down a blackboard.
Random irritations.. on 11:45 - Dec 18 with 3627 viewsMick_S

You smashed it.

Random irritations.. on 12:08 - Dec 18 with 3602 viewsstevec

Random irritations.. on 11:45 - Dec 18 by Mick_S

You smashed it.

Follow that, as they say.

Mind you, the constant flow of women's incontinence adverts are getting right up my nose.
(No puns intended)
Random irritations.. on 12:18 - Dec 18 with 3595 viewsR_from_afar

Random irritations.. on 11:45 - Dec 18 by Mick_S

You smashed it.

Compare and contrast with my cycle trainer / spinning experience:
- I am using a 15 years old Magura set-up that cost £80, plus my 1989 racing bike (Reynolds 531 manganese molybdenum steel frame, since you asked)
- It is totally manual, the only hi-tech bit is the 20 year old CatEye computer sat on my handlebars. No internet connected wizardry
- I am sat there pedalling on my own, usually trying to listen to a barely audible football commentary on Radio London, via the DAB radio I got from my gran when she died eight years ago (handle broken, aerial bent, but it still works; all damage by yours truly)
- I am a scruffy, grizzled 55 year old curmudgeon. No supermodel looks and designer gym kit here, sadly
- The only thing I smash when I do a cycling session is the DAB radio, when I knock it off it's shelf. Again.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Random irritations.. on 09:43 - Jan 13 with 3463 viewsMick_S

Serving suggestions.

Random irritations.. on 12:15 - Jan 13 with 3425 viewsPinnerPaul

Just back from Sainsbury's - Valentine's Day cards AND Easter Eggs on display - aaagghhhhhh!
Random irritations.. on 10:10 - Jan 22 with 3298 viewsMick_S

The Masked Singer. FFS.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024