Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ManU splashing the cash 13:21 - Jun 27 with 1737 viewsimustbemad

60m spent in the last couple of days. Expect another 60m-100m over the summer.

The money for Shaw seems insane but if PSG splash out 50m on Luiz what would you expect?
ManU splashing the cash on 13:29 - Jun 27 with 1708 viewsbosh67

Looking forward to us signing someone on a free and £40K a week and being termed as big spending QPR.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

ManU splashing the cash on 13:40 - Jun 27 with 1680 viewsheadhoops

they need to spend 3 x that to get a title challenge going - Jonny Evans, smalling, Jones the entire back 4 needs replacing. LOL

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

ManU splashing the cash on 14:10 - Jun 27 with 1610 viewsEastR

Can someone attempt to give a good reason(s) why Shaw is worth £27m? And based on that how much would say the Brazilian left back be worth?

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

ManU splashing the cash on 14:34 - Jun 27 with 1567 viewsrunningman75

It is always a silly market when English players who are not world class go for stupid sums of money. Shaw is going have a lot more pressure on him next season and has a lot of developing to do in terms of his passing.
Southampton must have made more then 100 million quid from transfers of their youth players now though.
ManU splashing the cash on 14:42 - Jun 27 with 1552 viewsFredManRave

ManU splashing the cash on 14:34 - Jun 27 by runningman75

It is always a silly market when English players who are not world class go for stupid sums of money. Shaw is going have a lot more pressure on him next season and has a lot of developing to do in terms of his passing.
Southampton must have made more then 100 million quid from transfers of their youth players now though.

I'm obviously missing something so can somebody put me right and explain just why English players go for so much more than their "real" value?

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

ManU splashing the cash on 14:43 - Jun 27 with 1550 viewsTheBlob

Obviously not the unacceptable face of football.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

ManU splashing the cash on 14:45 - Jun 27 with 1538 viewsaston_hoop

They'll recoup some of that cash with the 10mil we are spending on Ashley Young right?....

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

ManU splashing the cash on 14:45 - Jun 27 with 1537 viewsToast_R

ManU splashing the cash on 14:42 - Jun 27 by FredManRave

I'm obviously missing something so can somebody put me right and explain just why English players go for so much more than their "real" value?

Because they are rare?
But then so is a 3 wheeled Mondeo but you wouldn't see me queing to buy one.

Like anything, they are only worth what someone is willing to pay.
Login to get fewer ads

ManU splashing the cash on 14:47 - Jun 27 with 1529 viewsBrianMcCarthy

ManU splashing the cash on 14:43 - Jun 27 by TheBlob

Obviously not the unacceptable face of football.

No, that's Bale!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

ManU splashing the cash on 14:50 - Jun 27 with 1522 viewssimmo

ManU splashing the cash on 14:10 - Jun 27 by EastR

Can someone attempt to give a good reason(s) why Shaw is worth £27m? And based on that how much would say the Brazilian left back be worth?

It's age though isn't it. He's 18 and already has a whole season of premier league football under his belt, a season where he didn't just 'learn his trade' but where he has excelled. He could be the United LB for the next 15 years.

It's too much intially though, would you pay that for a top 3 LB in the world? Maybe, but he'd have to be really good. It's a 10m premium because he is English IMO.

Still, both he and Hererra are decent signings in positions they need to strenghten. Talk of Vidal too which would be immense.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024