Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Krul behaviour 08:37 - Jul 6 with 4751 viewsjohnhoop

Does anyone else think like me, that Tim Krul's (successful) attempts to intimidate the Costa Rican penalty takers were tantamount to cheating, or do people think they are an acceptable part of the game? I think he should have been warned the first time and then yellow carded if he persisted with it.
Krul behaviour on 08:54 - Jul 6 with 4016 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

When that first pen went in, I was hoping he'd (the taker) give it some back. Should have been a booking for unsportsmanlike behaviour.
Krul behaviour on 09:23 - Jul 6 with 3918 viewsbosh67

It was a master stroke, I don't know what Krul said, obviously not enough to insight a booking but it put enough of a seed of doubt in the penalty takers that they brought someone on just to save penalties. Especially as he hadn't actually saved many before. Was a fantastic mental game by the manager. I loved Costa Rica but to be honest Holland deserved to go through.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Krul behaviour on 09:28 - Jul 6 with 3903 viewskomradkirk

Their penalties were all low and placed as opposed to last time when they buries a few into the top of the net,maybe he made them change their mind after all.
Krul behaviour on 09:37 - Jul 6 with 3887 viewschris1969

Didn't look very sporting but I think the keepers get the raw deal with the stuttered run up by the strikers. He did everything in his powers to get in their minds and possibly deserved a booking or a strong word fron ref.
Krul behaviour on 09:55 - Jul 6 with 3832 viewsfrancisbowles

Apart from whatever he said he was also walking around the area and delaying the kicks. Should definitely have been booked and red carded if he had persisted.
Krul behaviour on 10:02 - Jul 6 with 3805 viewsTearsOfaClown

cheating for sure.

And the ref does nothing . . . because he is are not allowed to think for himself.

I thought the linesman on the far side was excellent.
Krul behaviour on 10:05 - Jul 6 with 3799 viewsTacticalR

The ref should have stopped that immediately. It was embarrassing that it was allowed to continue.

Air hostess clique

Krul behaviour on 10:17 - Jul 6 with 3762 viewsrsonist

Ref was shambolic throughout. Worst was near the end of normal time when he gave the Costa Rican defender a let-off for the clearest second yellow you'll see.
Login to get fewer ads

Krul behaviour on 11:31 - Jul 6 with 3620 viewsTHEBUSH

Krul behaviour on 09:37 - Jul 6 by chris1969

Didn't look very sporting but I think the keepers get the raw deal with the stuttered run up by the strikers. He did everything in his powers to get in their minds and possibly deserved a booking or a strong word fron ref.

Agree with this !!
Krul behaviour on 11:36 - Jul 6 with 3607 viewsHunterhoop

He should definitely been booked for "unsporting behaviour" and then received a second booking if he carried on. It was the definition of unsporting behaviour.

Equally the Costa Rican penalty takes should have shown some balls. I'd have pushed him in the chest all the way back to the box. May have got booked but it would have put him in his place, literally, and I'd only need to take the pen then I can't be booked again.
Krul behaviour on 11:41 - Jul 6 with 3594 viewsNathanNI

You could see him saying "I know, I know", at least it seemed like that, pointing out that he knew where they would place them.

Bit of a c*nt IMHO.
Krul behaviour on 13:29 - Jul 6 with 3456 viewsterryb

If you have seen him play for Newcastle, then you will know that he is like this all the time.

I don't think I have seeen any other 'keeper that approaches him for gamesmanship.
Krul behaviour on 15:50 - Jul 6 with 3309 viewsFredManRave

Having just watched it again I don't actually think it was that bad and certainly couldn't be classed as cheating as claimed on this thread, gamesmanship yes.

And Rio agrees;

"I like all that gamesmanship from Tim Krul. I like my goalkeeper to do that, to try to put them off, it puts a bit of edge to it. Man United fans will be buzzing and thinking 'What a manager we have got'."

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Krul behaviour on 17:26 - Jul 6 with 3203 viewsTonto

The penalty taker should be allowed to take the penalty as soon as he is ready,not when the keeper is ready.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Krul behaviour on 17:30 - Jul 6 with 3197 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Krul behaviour on 17:26 - Jul 6 by Tonto

The penalty taker should be allowed to take the penalty as soon as he is ready,not when the keeper is ready.

This is a ridiculous question which i'm sure i'll get slagged for, but i'm interested to gauge the ethics on here:

Would you be happy to see a England / QPR keeper win a major trophy by doing that sort of thing?
Krul behaviour on 17:32 - Jul 6 with 3189 viewsTonto

If they get away with it.... The authorities and refs should stand up more and stop the bullying though

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Krul behaviour on 17:48 - Jul 6 with 3164 viewsTacticalR

Krul behaviour on 15:50 - Jul 6 by FredManRave

Having just watched it again I don't actually think it was that bad and certainly couldn't be classed as cheating as claimed on this thread, gamesmanship yes.

And Rio agrees;

"I like all that gamesmanship from Tim Krul. I like my goalkeeper to do that, to try to put them off, it puts a bit of edge to it. Man United fans will be buzzing and thinking 'What a manager we have got'."

Yep, there's our moral compass right there.

That's how I always judge things...what would Man United fans do.

Air hostess clique

Krul behaviour on 23:03 - Jul 6 with 2990 viewsCiderwithRsie

I didn't like him talking to the opposing players and can't see why the ref let him get away with it repeatedly, but I did like his attitude - sort of "this is my penalty area and I own all of it, I'm not letting you past." Someone above noted the first pen went in no prob, but it didn't affect Krul's attitude or self-belief. I suspect that's why the sub was made. Also, if you look at the Costa Rican kicks, i don't think any of their players were put off at all, they were all pretty good kicks.

I'm not a big fan of shootouts - or at least I see why we have them , but I always maintain that the final result was really a draw a.e.t. and the shoot-out is just a fair way of deciding who gets into the next round; the margins are always incredibly fine and I don't see it as fair to categorise the "losing" side as inferior. But that was actually a bloody good shoot-out. No-one skied it, or put it wide, or tapped it feebly at the keeper. Both keepers went the right way more often than not. Overall a really good standard of play from both sides in the shoot-out but Krul did his job.
Krul behaviour on 05:03 - Jul 7 with 2910 viewstimcocking

yes, me
Krul behaviour on 05:16 - Jul 7 with 2907 viewsRType

Krul behaviour on 17:30 - Jul 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

This is a ridiculous question which i'm sure i'll get slagged for, but i'm interested to gauge the ethics on here:

Would you be happy to see a England / QPR keeper win a major trophy by doing that sort of thing?

Exactly...had the play off final gone to pens and Green did that, and then saved a couple of them and we won, I'm pretty sure most here wouldn't be quite so critical....

I think its completely fine...is it any worse than the old Grobelaar wobbly legs trick? I bet you see a lot more keepers do it now though.
Krul behaviour on 06:14 - Jul 7 with 2895 viewswestberksr

Can still remember that khunt wasting time at our place in the first season back in the prem. We battered them and he was wasting time from every goal kick after about 10 minutes!

Master of the dark arts of tactics and the ref should have booked him for the first one and a red if he persisted, then watch the dutch put robben or someone in for the remainder! Never gonna happen though and the for the dutch is was a master stroke.
Krul behaviour on 06:30 - Jul 7 with 2890 viewstimcocking

Krul behaviour on 05:16 - Jul 7 by RType

Exactly...had the play off final gone to pens and Green did that, and then saved a couple of them and we won, I'm pretty sure most here wouldn't be quite so critical....

I think its completely fine...is it any worse than the old Grobelaar wobbly legs trick? I bet you see a lot more keepers do it now though.

We'd no doubt be over the moon to have won, but given the choice i'm sure the vast majority of British folk would still prefer our players to conduct themselves with some honour and integrity. That's why we don't like diving.
Krul behaviour on 09:01 - Jul 7 with 2808 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Definitely unsporting. Stepped way over the line.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Krul behaviour on 09:17 - Jul 7 with 2785 viewsted_hendrix

It'll be interesting if the exact same situation crops up in Holland's next game, extra time then penalties.
Those Dutch people are just so crazshy and orange.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Krul behaviour on 13:39 - Jul 7 with 2685 viewsR_from_afar

I totally agree. It was pathetic and the ref was weak to allow him to do it and escape punishment.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024