Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Messi - best player at WC says . . . FIFA 09:12 - Jul 14 with 3174 viewsTearsOfaClown

FIFA . . . That explains it . . .

According to the BBC website,
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/2014/top-scorers
He was joint bottom on 40% for shots on target.

Did not feature in the final and seems to stroll around in other matches.

But the hidden agenda of FIFA pulls another turkey out of the hat.
Messi - best player at WC says . . . FIFA on 09:15 - Jul 14 with 3166 viewssimmo

Adidad sponsored Golden Boot.

Adidas sponsored golden boy.

FIFA - shameless.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Messi - best player at WC says . . . FIFA on 09:31 - Jul 14 with 3125 viewskensalriser

Not even his team's best player. Oh well.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Messi - best player at WC says . . . FIFA on 09:34 - Jul 14 with 3118 viewsToast_R

He had that award sewn up a year ago.

Personally I'd have given it to one of the Germans maybe their goalkeeper. Outstanding.
Messi - best player at WC says . . . FIFA on 10:07 - Jul 14 with 3067 viewsCHUBBS

Financial politics in football gone mad,i can think of 3 goalkeepers who deserve it more than him just for starters.
The whole set up is so corrupt that it barely gets questioned,when it does it gets an astonished deflection whilst the gravy train just keeps chugging along.
Messi looked embarrassed collecting the damn thing.
Messi - best player at WC says . . . FIFA on 10:11 - Jul 14 with 3054 viewsdaveB

I thought he had a decent game last night, every time they got him on the ball in the final third he made things happen but the Argies played far too deep and didn't get him on the ball enough.

No way player of the tournament (Rodrigez or the German keeper for me) but I thought he had a decent tournament.
Messi - best player at WC says . . . FIFA on 10:18 - Jul 14 with 3036 viewsmakaveli1882

4 goals from midfield 1 assist 1 plus 1 penalty in semi final shoot out , rubbish player
Messi - best player at WC says . . . FIFA on 11:58 - Jul 14 with 2969 viewskensalriser

No one's saying he's rubbish Maka, just that he's not player of the tournament. Which he's not.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Messi - best player at WC says . . . FIFA on 12:23 - Jul 14 with 2929 viewsDylanP

Messi - best player at WC says . . . FIFA on 11:58 - Jul 14 by kensalriser

No one's saying he's rubbish Maka, just that he's not player of the tournament. Which he's not.

I was thinking about this question coz I was also baffled by it. I suppose he was the most important player to his team. Argies made it to the final and came relatively close to winning it because of him. Without him they were fairly pedestrian -- well organized at the back but not much to write home about. With him they had a chance to win the world cup. For Germany, there were many players who had great tournaments, but no one player stood out as the reason they were successful.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Login to get fewer ads

Messi - best player at WC says . . . FIFA on 12:25 - Jul 14 with 2925 viewsdaveB

I think the simple reason he got it was because FIFA wanted to hand it out to someone in the final and they were either too dumb or too drunk to think of anyone else on the pitch to give it too. Messi looked embarrassed by it all
Messi - best player at WC says . . . FIFA on 12:40 - Jul 14 with 2896 viewssimmo

Messi got best player and apparently Pogba got young player. You could have picked those before the tournament even started as obvious candidates, even though performances of others were far better. Messi and Pogba were good, but some people were brilliant.

Robben, Rodriguez, Mascherano, Muller, Schweinsteiger, Neuer, Kroos, Ochoa, Shaqiri, Benzema, Lahm all had better tournaments than Messi IMO.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024