Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? 08:52 - Jul 21 with 10029 viewsPey

It's been almost two months we secured promotion to the PL.

Although I am happy we renewed contracts with Faurlin, Green and Hill and can understand we also have room for Zamora I think we should have assembled our squad more than we have up to now getting into pre season games.

Yes, we got Ferdinand which was on the cards for a long time, but Fernandes and Co stated in a Press conference they made two lists with targets for both scenarios either staying in the Championship or promoting to the PL ahead of the Wigan game.

Now I don't want us to pay over the top wages and make the same mistakes under the Hughes reign one would have expected we had done some business by now.
My choices were F. Campbell and G. Thorne.

Hoping we will sign Caulker and that Ajax striker today so they can start to gel with the squad and play games together.
The proces of gelling a team together must not be underestimated and is vital before the season starts, don't want to see a opening season again like Swansea at home where it looked players never played together before.

COYRrrrrss

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 09:09 - Jul 21 with 6020 viewsRangersDave

I think it's always disturbing when we talk about signing players but don't!

This has the makings of being a last minute "in the car park" thing again, and is my greatest fear.

We need a team together now to gel pre season, not 3 days before the campaign begins again when they are total strangers, otherwise we will get mullered.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 09:09 - Jul 21 with 6018 viewseghamranger

They are off to Germany today. Would have been good if those signings went there too. Less than 4 weeks till the Hull game and it's annoyed most of us.

Love TF but why take to twitter and say he is going to concentrate on making new signings when only Rio has come in and he was practically confirmed before the World Cup!!!!
[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 9:11]
No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 09:12 - Jul 21 with 5990 viewsWestbourneR

Let's be honest it's been dismal so far. To have only signed one player, and a veteran on a one year deal, is pathetic. We need to fill the squad out asap and I don't want it to be the Spurs team from 4 or 5 years ago.

IMO there is absolutely no good reason why we shouldn't have signed George Thorne for that kind of money, it's a no brainier. We should have Tom Ince by now too.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 09:30 - Jul 21 with 5913 viewsDiscodroid

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 09:12 - Jul 21 by WestbourneR

Let's be honest it's been dismal so far. To have only signed one player, and a veteran on a one year deal, is pathetic. We need to fill the squad out asap and I don't want it to be the Spurs team from 4 or 5 years ago.

IMO there is absolutely no good reason why we shouldn't have signed George Thorne for that kind of money, it's a no brainier. We should have Tom Ince by now too.

agree 100%

its like the cast of 'duty free' with our 'h' as kieth barron on a jaunt to germania.

perhaps the players are all having their flu jabs to protect them from the harsh , unforgiving and bitterly cold summer months that lay ahead, or possibly having their varicose veins removed as its giving them 'jip'

2 months down the line and a near 36 year old and hardy perennial flashing young blade and benjamin button doppleanger zamora in the bag!

praise the lord.
for tonight , we dine in the championship.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 9:34]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 09:33 - Jul 21 with 5899 viewsPey

Think no one wants us to repeat last transfer period either with those panic loans.....

Doyle, Maiga, Keane never gelled or settled.
No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 09:35 - Jul 21 with 5886 viewskensalriser

Right that's it. They can't do this to us any more. I'm off to Loftus Rd with a suicide pack on my back.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 09:45 - Jul 21 with 5843 viewsdaveB

last year we signed Austin 2 days before the season started. Phillips 2 weeks into the season and O'Neil, BAE, Carroll and Niko on deadline day and that worked out ok in the end.

We'll sign loads of players this window, we always have a panic we've signed no one then as soon as the window shuts we moan we've signed too many
No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 09:51 - Jul 21 with 5816 viewsDiscodroid

i think in this case its slightly different, i havent got the list to hand but we have released 10 plus players inc loans back to their parent clubs from last seasons squad.

imo we have a few weeks to go until the opener with a far weaker squad as it stands than last season.

a squad that hardly set the championship alight last season.

the last two premier campaigns have started with humiliating home thrashings which set the tone for the rest of the season.

i would suggest we are ill equipped to reverse that form going into our first game.

we will pay for our chronic lack of pace and energy, without morrison we look , as if its possible, to have even less movement in the team.

and being linked( rightly or wrongly) to every 33 + year old has been does nothing for the moral of support or our perception to potential incoming younger players

was any other premier club in for rio, ??? or was it just , for example, the 'huston isotopes' or the 'honk kong ramfkers XI'.

[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 10:03]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Login to get fewer ads

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 10:04 - Jul 21 with 5762 viewsA40Bosh

I would suggest that those who fear that the club are not doing enough to sign the "right sort" of premier league players for knock down prices, contact the club owners and senior operations management team and ask them to either come back off holiday now and start trying to sign some players by tomorrow morning, or get them to explain to you why we have not signed 6 players by the 21st July.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/transfers/

In reality how many confirmed transfers involving players we could realistically get or indeed would want have been confirmed amongst the 92 UK clubs so far?

It's not like everyone else is out doing loads of business.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 10:09 - Jul 21 with 5718 viewsDiscodroid

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 10:04 - Jul 21 by A40Bosh

I would suggest that those who fear that the club are not doing enough to sign the "right sort" of premier league players for knock down prices, contact the club owners and senior operations management team and ask them to either come back off holiday now and start trying to sign some players by tomorrow morning, or get them to explain to you why we have not signed 6 players by the 21st July.

In reality how many confirmed transfers involving players we could realistically get or indeed would want have been confirmed amongst the 92 UK clubs so far?

i already have .yet to receive a response.

and unless someone informs me to the contrary this is a qpr forum where such issues are to be discussed

it seems both Burnley and leicester and even our play off defeated rivals have improved their squads and not one of their new signing needs the use of an otterman to store his incontinence pants in overnight.

i think the squads gone backward not forwards.

sorry but the bunting remains' in the loft ' , rio and bobbys signings have yet to convince me to climb the rickety stairs.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 10:21]

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 10:11 - Jul 21 with 5708 viewsHollowayRanger

id have had sidwell as well to go along side barton in central midfield

--------------green---------------
simpson caulker Ferdinand yun
----------barton sidwell---------
hoilett------ince--------m,phillips
------------Austin-------------

would have been a good little side add hooper defoe(loan) and maybe better fullbacks if money available

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 10:15 - Jul 21 with 5698 viewsCFW

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 10:04 - Jul 21 by A40Bosh

Sorry but where have you been recently? Liverpool have spent big, Arsenal have made a big signing as have Chelsea and City. Think we can forget these teams as we are not going to be able to compete but what bothers me is teams like Wet Spam, Hull, Palace etc have already bought players and have (on paper) improved squads already. These are the teams we need to compete with next season if we are to stay up.
No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 10:16 - Jul 21 with 5684 viewspaulparker

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 09:45 - Jul 21 by daveB

last year we signed Austin 2 days before the season started. Phillips 2 weeks into the season and O'Neil, BAE, Carroll and Niko on deadline day and that worked out ok in the end.

We'll sign loads of players this window, we always have a panic we've signed no one then as soon as the window shuts we moan we've signed too many

Dave , we got lucky in the end, we were pony for most of the season in a very poor championship , don't let that Play off win gloss over what was a disorganised mess of a season
Austin & Phillips good signings no doubt
but, at the start of the year H put his trust in BZ & AJ who in his words would tear this division a new one we all knew they would last 10 games , we ponced around not signing any strikers until the inevitable happened with Austin, we then end up with keane & maiga ,
we have signed Ferdinand & Zamora when we were all told that QPR wouldn't be a graveyard for signings, we are linked with Davies & Collison who have the legs of my dear old Nan, someone even said we were linked to poulson !!! feck he is about 62
in the meantime we have missed out on, Ince, Frazier Campbell, Thorne , Bryson, Cresswell, Poyet, billy Jones, you have west ham & West Brom signing young exciting strikers from abroad, Newcastle are doing good business with dutch & French players
were the hell have our scouts been ?? Disco is right they just scan the rothmans football league book 2005
do we really want to be signings players on the 31st aug , I can see it now, kane,crouch, van der vart & sully muntari ,
all the talk of TF not making the same mistakes are just that , talk

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 10:18 - Jul 21 with 5678 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Everytime I read this one I get Herman's Hermits in my head.

Not worrying yet but I hope we sign someone this week.

Looking on the bright side. It is physically impossible to be as gash as we were last time..

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 10:19 - Jul 21 with 5678 viewsCFW

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 09:45 - Jul 21 by daveB

Think you are wrong - not arguing about times of the signings but think we are in a completely different place and got away with these late signings because we were in the Championship playing against some poor teams and won with some inept performances.

We are now in with the big boys and that will not hold water. Unless we have a balanced squad in place way before the close of the transfer window we are in trouble. We will get beat in our first four/five games and the pressure will build and playing catch up for the rest of the season.
No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 10:20 - Jul 21 with 5670 viewsDiscodroid

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 10:16 - Jul 21 by paulparker

Dave , we got lucky in the end, we were pony for most of the season in a very poor championship , don't let that Play off win gloss over what was a disorganised mess of a season
but, at the start of the year H put his trust in BZ & AJ who in his words would tear this division a new one we all knew they would last 10 games , we ponced around not signing any strikers until the inevitable happened with Austin, we then end up with keane & maiga ,
we have signed Ferdinand & Zamora when we were all told that QPR wouldn't be a graveyard for signings, we are linked with Davies & Collison who have the legs of my dear old Nan, someone even said we were linked to poulson !!! feck he is about 62
in the meantime we have missed out on, Ince, Frazier Campbell, Thorne , Bryson, Cresswell, Poyet, billy Jones, you have west ham & West Brom signing young exciting strikers from abroad, Newcastle are doing good business with dutch & French players
were the hell have our scouts been ?? Disco is right they just scan the rothmans football league book 2005
do we really want to be signings players on the 31st aug , I can see it now, kane,crouch, van der vart & sully muntari ,

amen brother!

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 10:21 - Jul 21 with 5668 viewsizlingtonhoop

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 10:18 - Jul 21 by Metallica_Hoop

Everytime I read this one I get Herman's Hermits in my head.

Not worrying yet but I hope we sign someone this week.

Looking on the bright side. It is physically impossible to be as gash as we were last time..

Derby managed to be worse..
No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 10:27 - Jul 21 with 5647 viewsdaveB

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 10:16 - Jul 21 by paulparker

I think we should wait and see, looks like we'll sign Caulker and Icelandic man this week as well. We tried for Bryson and am sure we'll get others. I want us to get the right players in and if thats today or next month then I'm not really bothered.

Last season may have been pony in your eyes, I thought we did ok, could certainly have been better but was the best finish to a season I've ever seen.

We'll see how exciting these strikers at West Brom and West Ham are in a few months, a lot of money for unproven players
No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 10:36 - Jul 21 with 5587 viewspaulparker

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 10:27 - Jul 21 by daveB

I think we should wait and see, looks like we'll sign Caulker and Icelandic man this week as well. We tried for Bryson and am sure we'll get others. I want us to get the right players in and if thats today or next month then I'm not really bothered.

Last season may have been pony in your eyes, I thought we did ok, could certainly have been better but was the best finish to a season I've ever seen.

We'll see how exciting these strikers at West Brom and West Ham are in a few months, a lot of money for unproven players

every signing is a risk Dave, but those lads would have been scouted for a while
west ham have done some excellent business so far so have Newcastle , so have Hull
even palace with Campbell and sigardson , these are our rivals in staying up
for all the talk of Caulker are we really that sure he will sign , because im not
the Ajax bloke seems ok , but we need at least 2 strikers, 3 midfielders and another CB IF Caulker doesn't come ,
we have a reasonable set of fixtures to start with, and we need to get off to a good start
team bonding is essential, we cannot be signings 5 players on transfer deadline day
its madness

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 10:45 - Jul 21 with 5558 viewsdaveB

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 10:36 - Jul 21 by paulparker

every signing is a risk Dave, but those lads would have been scouted for a while
west ham have done some excellent business so far so have Newcastle , so have Hull
even palace with Campbell and sigardson , these are our rivals in staying up
for all the talk of Caulker are we really that sure he will sign , because im not
the Ajax bloke seems ok , but we need at least 2 strikers, 3 midfielders and another CB IF Caulker doesn't come ,
we have a reasonable set of fixtures to start with, and we need to get off to a good start
team bonding is essential, we cannot be signings 5 players on transfer deadline day
its madness

We'll see how good those signings for our rivals are, all sound good on paper but see how they pan out.

As I say I'd wait and see what we end up with before worrying, I don't think we should be signing 5 players on deadline day but that's the problem when you are in the playoffs, you are weeks behind everyone else. I reckon we'll have at least 3 more players before the season starts probably more
No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 10:48 - Jul 21 with 5539 viewsQPR_John

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 09:51 - Jul 21 by Discodroid

i think in this case its slightly different, i havent got the list to hand but we have released 10 plus players inc loans back to their parent clubs from last seasons squad.

imo we have a few weeks to go until the opener with a far weaker squad as it stands than last season.

a squad that hardly set the championship alight last season.

the last two premier campaigns have started with humiliating home thrashings which set the tone for the rest of the season.

i would suggest we are ill equipped to reverse that form going into our first game.

we will pay for our chronic lack of pace and energy, without morrison we look , as if its possible, to have even less movement in the team.

and being linked( rightly or wrongly) to every 33 + year old has been does nothing for the moral of support or our perception to potential incoming younger players

was any other premier club in for rio, ??? or was it just , for example, the 'huston isotopes' or the 'honk kong ramfkers XI'.

[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 10:03]

"was any other premier club in for rio"

I believe so
No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 10:48 - Jul 21 with 5535 viewsrobith

WHAT DO WE WANT?

Loads of young, amazing, but somehow completely unheard of players who've all been rigorously scouted and are desperate to play for QPR (for some reason)

WHEN DO WE WANT IT?

Yesterday
No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 10:52 - Jul 21 with 5519 viewsMetallica_Hoop

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 10:21 - Jul 21 by izlingtonhoop

Derby managed to be worse..

Yeah but that team was über-gash. Just had a look at that squad.

Lewis Price in goal (who) and Claude Davis worth having a look at that team makes ours look like City.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 10:53 - Jul 21 with 5519 viewsJonDoeman

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not?

It Is What It Is !!

No Signings today = Disturbing or Not? on 10:56 - Jul 21 with 5500 viewsHunterhoop

I'm relatively happy we haven't signed lots of players yet!

tbh, I sort of hope we don't sign many players before Aug 31st.

I'd like Caulker and Sigurdsson. Both fit the bill, young, hungry, something to prove and resale value. If Remy is definitely off, then I'd like us to get Deeney too. That would give us a decent 3 strikers plus BZ.

As yet, I'm not sure we can say one way or another whether lessons have been learnt or not.

Clive's article about Ferdinand is spot on. It's not the route I want us taking and I'd rather we hadn't but it may actually work out as there are differences to Bosw*nker, et al.

I'm reserving judgement.

I am still a little worried we're going to see "Crouchy", Van Der Vaart, Defoe, etc, etc, pitch up on deadline day, which is exactly what I don't want to see. That would undoubtedly show no lessons have been learnt and HR was irresponsible in not getting us prepared in advance.

However, sign Caulker and Sigurdsson this week, stick with the rest of the squad, maybe with one more striker and midfielder signed ahead of the season, providing they fit the bill, and I'll be happy.

Let's wait and see. Calling for us to be doing loads of deals now misses the point about previous mistakes as much as leaving it late. We shouldn't overhaul the team that came up. It didn't work last time, even if that was done late.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024