Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF 13:06 - Aug 1 with 8039 viewsbloberts

I'm not at all bothered if he leaves to a top 6 PL team, or a top foreign club. However if he moves to a team like Newcastle I will lose the faith, selling our best player to a team who we're competing against? It's making me mad just thinking about it...

Poll: Who did you vote for as player of the season?

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 13:09 - Aug 1 with 6001 viewsNorthernr

Can he play in the play off final though?
If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 13:13 - Aug 1 with 5969 viewsPommyhoop

If he go's to Toon it wil be 15 mil right?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 13:14 - Aug 1 with 5975 viewsbloberts

Hahaha love that 😂😂😂

Poll: Who did you vote for as player of the season?

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 13:14 - Aug 1 with 5974 viewsrongould

Why would you want to keep paying enormous wages to a player who has made it very clear that he does not want to play for us whatever league we are in?
If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 13:16 - Aug 1 with 5962 viewsJuzzie

It's completely player-power these days. It doesn't matter what a Manager or Chairman can do. Let's face it, we've got naff training facilities and an aeging stadium. We, the fans, may love Loftus Road but it means nothing to a footballer.

As daveB said, we're not eaxactly the prettiest girl in the room.
If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 13:16 - Aug 1 with 5962 viewsGloucs_R

Poll: Are we staying up?

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 13:21 - Aug 1 with 5921 viewsMytch_QPR

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 13:14 - Aug 1 by rongould

Why would you want to keep paying enormous wages to a player who has made it very clear that he does not want to play for us whatever league we are in?

I agree with you Ron, but ultimately he may have no choice (that's assuming no other club is currently coming in with an acceptable bid and matching his salary expectations). It's down to HR and the rest of the squad to get his head sorted and have him focused and ready.

The original post raises an interesting point about Newcastle - whichever team has Remy in the team is likely to finish higher, and they are one of the teams we are likely to be slogging it out with in the bottom half of the table. If he was determined to go there then it's pointless getting him into a sulk and making him stay, but I would like to think we'd have a replacement lined up.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 13:22 - Aug 1 with 5909 viewsPommyhoop

I know I know .he's worth at least 47 mil when you look at c'nts like Andy Carrol and Soldado and litle Joey Allen. But youve just got to let it go ..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 13:23 - Aug 1 with 5915 viewsPhildo

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 13:09 - Aug 1 by Northernr

Yes but only as a false nine
If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 13:23 - Aug 1 with 5914 viewscyprusmel

I think that if Newcastle want him they have got to meet the buy out clause which for them I think is 15 million pounds, he would still have no champions league football and would be tied to them for the duration of his agreed contract. If on the other hand he stayed with us he would under the terms of his existing contract still be free to go to a top six club if they wanted him in January or next summer. I hope he stays because he is a top quality striker and I think he did his best to keep us up last time he was here. You can understand him not wanting to play in the championship with QPR when the world cup was the following year and he was looking for a place in the French world cup squad.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2014 13:25]
If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 13:29 - Aug 1 with 5863 viewsR_from_afar

I see where you are coming from but do we really want yet another costly player knocking around who doesn't want to play for us? Better to cash in and get someone who is focused and motivated.

I say that as someone who would be over the moon if Remy committed to the Rs totally and started banging in the goals for the blue and white hoops.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 13:33 - Aug 1 with 5847 viewscyprusmel

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 13:29 - Aug 1 by R_from_afar

I see where you are coming from but do we really want yet another costly player knocking around who doesn't want to play for us? Better to cash in and get someone who is focused and motivated.

I say that as someone who would be over the moon if Remy committed to the Rs totally and started banging in the goals for the blue and white hoops.

RFA

If he stays with us it is in his own interest to play well and score goals to get the move to one of the top clubs that he really wants. I wouldn't doubt his commitment to the cause if he stayed and like you I would love to see him along side Charlie if only for a short period of time.
If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 13:35 - Aug 1 with 5829 viewsNov77

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 13:43 - Aug 1 with 5781 viewsEastR

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 13:35 - Aug 1 by Nov77

ah but will it be enough to stop the banshees wailing, the hand wringing and the grinding of teeth....?

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 13:52 - Aug 1 with 5734 viewsPinnerPaul

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 13:35 - Aug 1 by Nov77

Which is what Ian Taylor said on Tuesday.
If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 15:31 - Aug 1 with 5518 viewsHollowayRanger

20 goals in 40 preimership games

for qpr and newcastle

he's quality

i hope he stays and plays 38 games for us and keeps that strike rate going

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 15:40 - Aug 1 with 5493 viewsadhoc_qpr

If Remy goes for less than his release clause i'll be annoyed, but if a club matches that and the player agrees terms there isn't much TF can do about it.

I'm far more angry about the training ground and the pie in the sky stadium.
If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 16:12 - Aug 1 with 5413 viewsMatch82

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 13:09 - Aug 1 by Northernr

We don't need him. Gotta a good feeling that Zamora's going to come up big...
If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 16:14 - Aug 1 with 5408 viewsQPR442

I wish people would stop saying that he doesn't want to play for us! He has never said that and has only ever said he wants Champions league. He has said however that he wanted to play in London so unless Arse/Pal/Spam/Spurs/Fools/Brent/orient/Chels come in for him we do stand a good chance of him coming back.

No disrespect to Newcastle but other than the odd crying fan on Sky and the 52K gates they really are a poor option. The odd night out with a few lasses and a bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale is not exactly a game turner is it?
If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 16:19 - Aug 1 with 5383 viewsSpiritofGregory

No way will Remy want to go to Newcastle even if they meet the release clause. They have nothing to offer him. If he doesn't go to a more successful club before the window shuts, he'll go in January or next season.

There is no world cup, we are in the premier league and he still has time to wait for the move that he craves.

If we have him until January or next season that would be a massive bonus for us because he is a top class finisher and team player.
If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 16:35 - Aug 1 with 5352 viewstimcocking

Hey? Nothing to do with Tony if he wants to move to a bigger club.

If he wants to leave, good riddance imo.
If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 16:37 - Aug 1 with 5350 viewsWeaverQPR

Whatever TF says expect the opposite to happen. He talks out of his poop shoot.

@WeavQPR

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 16:38 - Aug 1 with 5348 viewsjamois

I think the title of this thread is a bit silly. Most of the reasons are outlined above. TF has done so much for us, and continues to try to do so, yet if a frenchie that (potentially) doesn't want to play for us chooses to move on, you will lose faith in our chairman

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 00:23 - Aug 2 with 5185 viewsThaiHoop

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 15:40 - Aug 1 by adhoc_qpr

If Remy goes for less than his release clause i'll be annoyed, but if a club matches that and the player agrees terms there isn't much TF can do about it.

I'm far more angry about the training ground and the pie in the sky stadium.

"If Remy goes for less than his release clause i'll be annoyed, but if a club matches that and the player agrees terms there isn't much TF can do about it"

EXACTLY! (and before anyone says it's TF's fault for putting said release clause in, there is no way he would have joined us in the first place without it)
If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 00:58 - Aug 2 with 5160 viewsrsonist

At 27 and with the ambitions that he has I don't think there's any chance of Remy ever "settling down" with us and really becoming part of the club.

However if it's a choice between us and Newcastle we can continue to offer a marriage of convenience. Rather than go up north again and make a stricter commitment to a superficially bigger club where he'll still not ever get into the Champions League, he can stay with us another year, score the goals that establish us in the Prem and then if a proper big club comes back in for him he can leave for the right price as previously arranged. Win-win.

I suppose he might be worried that we'll be that much worse compared to Newcastle (who have signed some very decent players this summer in fairness) that we'll make him look bad even despite his talents...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024