Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andy Delort? 17:35 - Aug 12 with 9793 viewsowza

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/qpr-transfer-news-harry-redknapp-consid

"Harry Redknapp is weighing up whether to thwart a host of Championship clubs trying to sign French striker Andy Delort.

Brentford, Charlton and Leicester have all been following the 22-year-old, who plays for Tours in the French Second Division and scored 24 goals in that competition last season, finishing the campaign as joint top scorer.

Charlton were thought to be leading the race for Delort, for whom they were said to be prepared to pay up to £2.4million. The striker has little experience in the French top flight and bringing him to play at a higher level in another country would represent a significant gamble."

Probably not much in it but I can assure you this man is incredible, folowed him since January, not only does he score an incredible amount of goals, he works off the ball aswell. Charlton have a steal if they get this man. It is a gamble but it could turn out to be one of the masterstrokes of the season. Would definitely take him over the injury prone Sigthorsson who I don't rate at all.

[Post edited 12 Aug 2014 17:35]
Andy Delort? on 17:51 - Aug 12 with 7479 viewsDiscodroid

bit underwhelmed by that one, a french division two striker that charlton are after..

were either getting desperate or its a load of lazy journo old bollox like the one with nedum leaving us today .

reckon its the latter.

i hope anyway.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Andy Delort? on 18:04 - Aug 12 with 7399 viewsowza

Andy Delort? on 17:51 - Aug 12 by Discodroid

bit underwhelmed by that one, a french division two striker that charlton are after..

were either getting desperate or its a load of lazy journo old bollox like the one with nedum leaving us today .

reckon its the latter.

i hope anyway.

Understandable response.

Would prefer Deeney as its less of a gamble but 10 mil is a way too much I think.

I think it Delort would be worth it as I think he is a real talent that can score goals at prem level - followed him since a while back.

But its probably just lazy journalism as you say, hope not. Got to get some striker in tho considering scum are going for Remy.
Andy Delort? on 18:12 - Aug 12 with 7334 viewsHAYESBOY

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/118736/andy-delort

Can I claim ITK?

Smells like a trout farm in here

Andy Delort? on 18:13 - Aug 12 with 7332 viewsMatch82

If Remy is staying then this is the kind of signing we should be going after. A young player, who has ability but knows he'll have to prove himself to get in the first team. Fine with him as our primary backup (with Zamora as the last-15-minutes change of tactic option)

If Remy does go, I'd rather get someone in who is more proven.
Andy Delort? on 18:18 - Aug 12 with 7305 viewsDWQPR

Signing this guy is no bigger gamble than keeping Charlie Austin. Both have done well in the second tier of their national leagues and neither have played in the top league. If he fails then fine we get our money back selling him, if he does well his value increases. Buy him I say.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Andy Delort? on 18:19 - Aug 12 with 7301 viewsowza

Andy Delort? on 18:13 - Aug 12 by Match82

If Remy is staying then this is the kind of signing we should be going after. A young player, who has ability but knows he'll have to prove himself to get in the first team. Fine with him as our primary backup (with Zamora as the last-15-minutes change of tactic option)

Totally agree mate.

People like Delort are the sort of players that have the ability, passion and that arrogance to step up to the prem and prove themselves. Whereas this Sigthorsson are injury prone, not actually great goalscoring record and still a lot of money. Delort only 3 million.

Would be happy with a home grown partnership of Austin and Deeney but the asking price is too steep IMO.
Andy Delort? on 18:22 - Aug 12 with 7281 viewsqprewan

Andy Delort? on 18:13 - Aug 12 by Match82

If Remy is going then we are going to need 2 more strikers, we can't possibly go into the season with just Austin and Zammora plus one other.this guy sounds like a good option for a 3rd choice striker, young with some pedigree and lots to prove. As I said in another post a lot of our best buys were young unproven players; Stainrod from Oldham, Byrne from York, Ferdinand from Hayes, Impey from Yeading etc So come on let's have a little gamble...
Andy Delort? on 18:28 - Aug 12 with 7242 viewsDiscodroid

Andy Delort? on 18:19 - Aug 12 by owza

Totally agree mate.

People like Delort are the sort of players that have the ability, passion and that arrogance to step up to the prem and prove themselves. Whereas this Sigthorsson are injury prone, not actually great goalscoring record and still a lot of money. Delort only 3 million.

Would be happy with a home grown partnership of Austin and Deeney but the asking price is too steep IMO.

im coming round to your way of thinking sir..someone mentioned stainrod.. a bit of flair in there...lets roll the dice.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2014 18:29]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Login to get fewer ads

Andy Delort? on 18:33 - Aug 12 with 7202 viewsGloucs_R

Haven't we all been asking for raw gems from the lower leagues for a while now?

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Andy Delort? on 18:38 - Aug 12 with 7190 viewsBklynRanger

Then it is agreed!

Andy Delort? on 18:42 - Aug 12 with 7166 viewsowza

Andy Delort? on 18:33 - Aug 12 by Gloucs_R

Haven't we all been asking for raw gems from the lower leagues for a while now?

Charlie Austin, Andy Delort, Paul-Georges Ntep, Nahki Wells (in the past), Isaac Layne to name a few.

Of course there has to be a line, we are in the premier league now but I think a lot of those could step up. We are all confident in Charlie and people like Delort could do the same IMO, a unique finisher with a confident attitude. Surely would be worth it as a 3rd choice striker at least?! We need players that can put the ball in the net, I think Delort can at prem level, but with all this Remy speculation, we don't want to be left short by deadline day, thats for sure. Thats when the panic buys like Crouch, come into play.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2014 18:45]
Andy Delort? on 19:13 - Aug 12 with 7058 viewsTheBlob

Andy Delort? on 18:12 - Aug 12 by HAYESBOY

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/118736/andy-delort

Can I claim ITK?

In order to claim that you've got to run it past His Holiness Pope Watford.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Andy Delort? on 19:18 - Aug 12 with 7033 viewsWatfordR

Andy Delort? on 19:13 - Aug 12 by TheBlob

In order to claim that you've got to run it past His Holiness Pope Watford.

Excommunicated!

Andy Delort? on 19:39 - Aug 12 with 6944 viewsLoft1979

Andy Delort? on 18:18 - Aug 12 by DWQPR

Signing this guy is no bigger gamble than keeping Charlie Austin. Both have done well in the second tier of their national leagues and neither have played in the top league. If he fails then fine we get our money back selling him, if he does well his value increases. Buy him I say.

Compare to Dwight Gayle? Or the much ballyhoo'd Steve May
Andy Delort? on 20:28 - Aug 12 with 6835 viewsganjR

Diafra Sakho (Ligue 2 player of the year) is the striker I'd love at this club. £5m tops.
Actually read a really good article about Delort. Journalist was in the home end of his last game for his current club. Good read. I'll try dig it up if its more than a rumour.
Andy Delort? on 20:46 - Aug 12 with 6763 viewsowza

Andy Delort? on 20:28 - Aug 12 by ganjR

Diafra Sakho (Ligue 2 player of the year) is the striker I'd love at this club. £5m tops.
Actually read a really good article about Delort. Journalist was in the home end of his last game for his current club. Good read. I'll try dig it up if its more than a rumour.

Yes indeed Diafra Sakho won Ligue 2 player of the year just in front of Andy Delort in 2nd place.

Both would be brilliant signings and I think the French league produces some real talent who ultimately are available on the cheap because the clubs are quite poor in the lower divisions.

And yes it would be great if you could find that article about Delort?! I would be really interested in reading, cheers mate.
Andy Delort? on 20:51 - Aug 12 with 6738 viewsadhoc_qpr

Andy Delort? on 20:46 - Aug 12 by owza

Yes indeed Diafra Sakho won Ligue 2 player of the year just in front of Andy Delort in 2nd place.

Both would be brilliant signings and I think the French league produces some real talent who ultimately are available on the cheap because the clubs are quite poor in the lower divisions.

And yes it would be great if you could find that article about Delort?! I would be really interested in reading, cheers mate.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2719311/West-Ham-agree-sign-Me

Sakho looks like he's off to West Ham for £3.5m.

I think a player like Delort is worth a gamble at the price, it could pay off big time and if it doesn't we haven't really lost much.
Andy Delort? on 20:52 - Aug 12 with 6737 viewsganjR

Andy Delort? on 20:46 - Aug 12 by owza

The other player I've seen very little of, but looks impressive, that you will know more about than me is Jeff Louis (Haitian AM), Celtic were linked with a £1.7m move for him which seemed cheap?

Here's the article mate:

http://provenquality.com/andy-delorts-farewell-tours/
Andy Delort? on 20:56 - Aug 12 with 6717 viewsganjR

Andy Delort? on 20:51 - Aug 12 by adhoc_qpr

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2719311/West-Ham-agree-sign-Me

I think a player like Delort is worth a gamble at the price, it could pay off big time and if it doesn't we haven't really lost much.

Cheers for that adhoc.
He'll be a real steal for them, although I can see Big Sam messing him up there.
I'm a bit gutted about that, really feel we're missing a trick there.
Andy Delort? on 21:01 - Aug 12 with 6699 viewsowza

Andy Delort? on 20:51 - Aug 12 by adhoc_qpr

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2014/diafra-sakhos-move-to-west-ham-falls-t
No mate in the last few hours West Ham have pulled out the deal after the tried to 'lower their offer'. Metz were not happy to say the least.

Would prefer Delort myself but these powerful, french talents are all available at relatively cheap prices with not much too lose.
Andy Delort? on 21:05 - Aug 12 with 6687 viewsadhoc_qpr

Andy Delort? on 20:56 - Aug 12 by ganjR

Cheers for that adhoc.
He'll be a real steal for them, although I can see Big Sam messing him up there.
I'm a bit gutted about that, really feel we're missing a trick there.

Actually i posted too soon, looks like the move has fallen through!

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2014/diafra-sakhos-move-to-west-ham-falls-t

West Ham tried to change the terms to a loan at the last minute.
Andy Delort? on 21:06 - Aug 12 with 6683 viewsowza

Andy Delort? on 20:52 - Aug 12 by ganjR

The other player I've seen very little of, but looks impressive, that you will know more about than me is Jeff Louis (Haitian AM), Celtic were linked with a £1.7m move for him which seemed cheap?

Here's the article mate:

http://provenquality.com/andy-delorts-farewell-tours/

Ahhh yes the one from Nancy, he is very good, i admire him. £1.7 million?! thats a steal. Reminds me of when Newcastle signed Moussa Sissoko for £1.5 million, I wonder what his value in now haha?!

Gutted about Diafra Sakho?! http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2014/diafra-sakhos-move-to-west-ham-falls-t

Andy Delort? on 21:13 - Aug 12 with 6653 viewsganjR

Andy Delort? on 21:06 - Aug 12 by owza

Ahhh yes the one from Nancy, he is very good, i admire him. £1.7 million?! thats a steal. Reminds me of when Newcastle signed Moussa Sissoko for £1.5 million, I wonder what his value in now haha?!

Gutted about Diafra Sakho?! http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2014/diafra-sakhos-move-to-west-ham-falls-t

Cheers lads,
:D

Admittedly, I doubt none of them are on our radar. :(
The Louis 'rumour' was a sky sports understands job, so probably rubbish.
Andy Delort? on 21:24 - Aug 12 with 6613 viewsowza

Andy Delort? on 21:13 - Aug 12 by ganjR

Cheers lads,
:D

Admittedly, I doubt none of them are on our radar. :(
The Louis 'rumour' was a sky sports understands job, so probably rubbish.

Thats the problem and its a real shame. All the other premier league clubs will jump straight to the front of the queue unless we hurry up and make a move for one of them.

I would be truly gutted if we end up with someone like Sigthorsson because he is injury prone, goalscoring record not even that impressive and has a lazy attitude. Also stalled over wage, what ambition is there from him to play in the premier league?! We seem all set for him apparently now. Who knows? Maybe 'arry might pull a rabbit out the hat and maybe go for Delort or Sakho.
Andy Delort? on 21:29 - Aug 12 with 6590 viewsadhoc_qpr

Andy Delort? on 21:24 - Aug 12 by owza

Thats the problem and its a real shame. All the other premier league clubs will jump straight to the front of the queue unless we hurry up and make a move for one of them.

I would be truly gutted if we end up with someone like Sigthorsson because he is injury prone, goalscoring record not even that impressive and has a lazy attitude. Also stalled over wage, what ambition is there from him to play in the premier league?! We seem all set for him apparently now. Who knows? Maybe 'arry might pull a rabbit out the hat and maybe go for Delort or Sakho.

With Sigthorsson though at least we know the club has been looking at him for a while (we tried to get him in January).

Hopefully we have done our homework and are confident he is the right kind of player/character.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024