Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry on Malky. 12:23 - Aug 23 with 5284 viewshighlandbill

Embarassing to see Harry give support to MM. Sometimes he should keep it shut. Mackay has been caught in the headlights and will probably never manage again (and rightly so).
There is too much "lads" stuff in football with wink wink nudge nudge attitudes in private while being a paragon in public. Kick it out!

At my age I should not be doing this!

Harry on Malky. on 12:42 - Aug 23 with 4282 viewsSpiritofGregory

True but this could ruin Malky's career yet rapists and women beaters are able to return to football once they've done there time which is usually never enough.
Harry on Malky. on 12:49 - Aug 23 with 4268 viewshighlandbill

Spirit..What you say is true and should also be sorted but it doesnt justify MacKays actions either.Atkinson has never been able to crawl back nor should Malky.

Harry on Malky. on 13:00 - Aug 23 with 4229 viewsTheBlob

Since when do private texts and emails get published legally when obtained under duress ie. breaking into someone's gaff?
I think we should all be alarmed by this - and none of this "end justifies the means" crap.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2014 13:01]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Harry on Malky. on 13:01 - Aug 23 with 4225 viewsSpiritofGregory

Harry on Malky. on 12:49 - Aug 23 by highlandbill

Spirit..What you say is true and should also be sorted but it doesnt justify MacKays actions either.Atkinson has never been able to crawl back nor should Malky.

Thing is, it won't be sorted out.

Surely raping someone is worse then a few private racist and sexist comments? This is a measure of political correctness gone mad.
Harry on Malky. on 13:05 - Aug 23 with 4212 viewshighlandbill

Come on! What is correct about abusing chinese,women & gays? Two wrongs dont make a right.Your slip is showing...

Harry on Malky. on 13:05 - Aug 23 with 4207 viewsSpiritofGregory

Harry on Malky. on 13:01 - Aug 23 by SpiritofGregory

Thing is, it won't be sorted out.

Surely raping someone is worse then a few private racist and sexist comments? This is a measure of political correctness gone mad.

To think, the slime ball chairman of Cardiff is acting like some kind of public servant when it's nothing more then a revenge attack.
Harry on Malky. on 13:09 - Aug 23 with 4199 viewsSpiritofGregory

I think that I can also add murderers on to the list.
Harry on Malky. on 13:25 - Aug 23 with 4165 viewsElHoop

I don't think that Harry supported him. He said that what he did was very wrong but that it shouldn't be the end of him, which is what most people seem to think from what I've heard. In the real world people do bad things and they have to learn from them and life goes on.
Login to get fewer ads

Harry on Malky. on 13:28 - Aug 23 with 4156 viewsAntti_Heinola

Harry on Malky. on 12:42 - Aug 23 by SpiritofGregory

True but this could ruin Malky's career yet rapists and women beaters are able to return to football once they've done there time which is usually never enough.

To be fair, SOG, the vast majority of fans would not want say, Marlon King or Hughes playing for their club either and at Sheff U most fans don't want Ched Evans back either, but at a lower league level managers and clubs believe they can get it under the radar.

I suppose the problem with racist or homophobic views is that an apology is not really enough, because it's a bit meaningless. Are you apologising for being racist/homophobic/sexist? Or for the texts? Or for the act of sending the texts? (or saying it, in Big Ron's case). Players probably don't want to play for a racist manager, for example. I doubt they'd want to play for a rapist or a murderer either, but I can't think of many managers like that, can you?

The damaging thing today is that Moody sent a text saying that a player wouldn't play for one club because the manager is a racist, and Moody said 'lucky he hasn't met you'. Which could be in jest, of course, but judging by the texts... hmmm.

I certainly wouldn't want Malky near our club, not because he sent the texts, but because of the beliefs he seems to have. Me and my friends during the world cup sent some pretty xenophobic texts to each other (although no country was left out - including England) based on national stereotypes and we'd argue we sent them in an ironic way, taking the p!ss out of idiots like Richard Keys, but where's the line? I'm not sure!

If it ruins Malky's career, I'm afraid that he only has himself to blame. I'm not going to feel sorry for him.

What Harry said yesterday was classic footballer-speak - nonsensical platitudes that have made him look like a fool. I'm sure Malky's family are suffering, and I'm sure rapists are worse than Malky, but what the fk has that got to do with anything? He really should learn to keep his mouth shut. Unlikely now, sadly.

Bare bones.

Harry on Malky. on 13:33 - Aug 23 with 4149 viewswood_hoop

Harry on Malky. on 13:00 - Aug 23 by TheBlob

Since when do private texts and emails get published legally when obtained under duress ie. breaking into someone's gaff?
I think we should all be alarmed by this - and none of this "end justifies the means" crap.

Have to agree with you Blob, if you think that anyone in the public arena dosn't have views that counter the postions they are in then Mourino really is the 'chosen one'

Malky commited a massive mistake in transmitting his thoughts where it was recorded and could very easily been made public, they were very crass and unworthy the comments he made and will no doubt suffer serious consequences, rightly so for a position where any predjidice can be considerable handicap to doing the job well.

I also have certain predjices that I keep to myself, have learnt that sometimes these can be wrong and am willing for it to be proved wrong, but until that time comes if ever it is far better that some thoughts are kept in my head, I do however try my damndest not to let them interfere in my day to day living with those around me, and certainly not in my working life.
Harry on Malky. on 13:48 - Aug 23 with 4118 viewsjamois

The issue with the owner of the LA Clippers was an interesting one. Whilst the guy is clearly a w*nker, again we have the issue of nothing being private anymore and people being tried and judged in public when they're shown to not be paragons of virtue, much like any other focker on the planet. I'm not sure I like the precedents that are being set here.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Harry on Malky. on 13:56 - Aug 23 with 4097 viewsHayesender

I'm deleting half of my sent and received text messages

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Harry on Malky. on 16:20 - Aug 23 with 4032 viewsTheBlob

Harry on Malky. on 13:48 - Aug 23 by jamois

The issue with the owner of the LA Clippers was an interesting one. Whilst the guy is clearly a w*nker, again we have the issue of nothing being private anymore and people being tried and judged in public when they're shown to not be paragons of virtue, much like any other focker on the planet. I'm not sure I like the precedents that are being set here.

Back to machiavellian tactics and ......

Harry on Malky. on 16:20 - Aug 23 with 4032 viewshighlandbill

Hi Antti, I agree,my point about Harry was not to slag him off but point out how stereotypicaland uneccessary his comments were. Of course rape and murder is worse but the main issue is that MM's views have been exposed and show him to be the type of person who is concealing views which would cause massive problems in a dressing room.
He has been outed as a racist & bigott-- end of story.

Harry on Malky. on 16:26 - Aug 23 with 4023 viewsTheBlob

Harry on Malky. on 16:20 - Aug 23 by highlandbill

Hi Antti, I agree,my point about Harry was not to slag him off but point out how stereotypicaland uneccessary his comments were. Of course rape and murder is worse but the main issue is that MM's views have been exposed and show him to be the type of person who is concealing views which would cause massive problems in a dressing room.

"outed".
There we go again - the end justifies the means.

Harry on Malky. on 16:43 - Aug 23 with 4002 viewsterryb

Breaking in to someone's gaff?

I understood that they had a search warrant. Therefore seizing & investigating the mobile phone would have been very legal.

Whether they are allowed to use something that was not relevant to the original search may be another matter.
Harry on Malky. on 16:58 - Aug 23 with 3980 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Harry on Malky. on 12:42 - Aug 23 by SpiritofGregory

And racists: John Terry. I don't quite see what your point is

It's got to be Yarg

Harry on Malky. on 17:03 - Aug 23 with 3964 viewsAntti_Heinola

Harry on Malky. on 16:20 - Aug 23 by highlandbill

totally agree mate

Bare bones.

Harry on Malky. on 17:05 - Aug 23 with 3954 viewsClive_Anderson

Harry on Malky. on 13:05 - Aug 23 by highlandbill

Come on! What is correct about abusing chinese,women & gays? Two wrongs dont make a right.Your slip is showing...

While he's clearly an idiot, I don't see how him sending private texts to someone is abusing chinese, women and gays if the person receiving them doesn't fall into those categories.

What also worries me is it has gone from being unacceptable to air certain views in public to now being unacceptable to even air them in private. It isn't long before merely thinking them is going to be enough to get you into trouble.
Harry on Malky. on 17:16 - Aug 23 with 3931 viewsTheBlob

Harry on Malky. on 16:43 - Aug 23 by terryb

Breaking in to someone's gaff?

I understood that they had a search warrant. Therefore seizing & investigating the mobile phone would have been very legal.

Whether they are allowed to use something that was not relevant to the original search may be another matter.

Oh very legal,Statutary Right Of Entry shouldn't include this.
And by what feeble excuse was the High Court Order obtained?
Breaking in - all but in name.

Harry on Malky. on 18:26 - Aug 23 with 3862 viewsWatford_Ranger

Me and my mates have sexist and racist banter, if you can call it sexist and racist, all the time. I guess I should never work again either.
Harry on Malky. on 18:33 - Aug 23 with 3848 viewsWeaverQPR

More importantly who owns the falsies?

@WeavQPR

Harry on Malky. on 18:58 - Aug 23 with 3826 views1MoreBrightonR

Here's what baffles me and this has nothing to do with what Mackay texted and the rights and wrongs of that...how the hell did Cardiff's private investigators get a warrant to search their houses!?

Can you imagine your employers legally searching your house!? I don't get how this was legally allowed.
Harry on Malky. on 20:53 - Aug 23 with 3719 viewsHayesender

Harry on Malky. on 18:58 - Aug 23 by 1MoreBrightonR

Here's what baffles me and this has nothing to do with what Mackay texted and the rights and wrongs of that...how the hell did Cardiff's private investigators get a warrant to search their houses!?

Can you imagine your employers legally searching your house!? I don't get how this was legally allowed.

My employers (royal mail) can legally search my house

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Harry on Malky. on 21:08 - Aug 23 with 3696 viewsAntti_Heinola

Harry on Malky. on 17:05 - Aug 23 by Clive_Anderson

While he's clearly an idiot, I don't see how him sending private texts to someone is abusing chinese, women and gays if the person receiving them doesn't fall into those categories.

What also worries me is it has gone from being unacceptable to air certain views in public to now being unacceptable to even air them in private. It isn't long before merely thinking them is going to be enough to get you into trouble.

I think you're missing the point Clive.

What you have here is a manager in charge of a football club, made up of all different colours and creeds. That's going to be the same wherever you go in Britain. Clearly he didn't mean for those views to be made public, but how that happened is essentially irrelevant to Malky's personal case. Can you imagine any players wanting to play for him knowing what they now know? I certainly would not want to work for a manager who held those views and made comments like he has done. So as a Chairman you have to bear that in mind when appointing someone.

What I'm saying is, if you were Chairman of a club now who could attract Mackay, and you believe this to be a bit of an overreaction, you might be tempted to hire him. But when you come to ask your squad what they think? I think you'll find the majority of players would not want to work for him now. And that's what it comes down to. You might, as Chelsea have done, be able to accommodate a wrong 'un in a squad, but a manager? Nope, sorry, not going to happen.

It's not about causing offence in the texts, is it? It's about the *kind of person who sends them* - do you see the distinction?

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024