Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lower back pain 11:09 - Sep 9 with 5737 viewsTheChef

Any tips to help with this?

I was fine this morning till I bent down to get a bowl for my cereal at which point something in my lower back went twang! Sitting down at my desk is OK but as soon as I try to stand up the pain comes through again - feel like a 90 year old! I popped a couple of ibuprofen but otherwise that's it.

Any help appreciated!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Lower back pain on 21:11 - Sep 11 with 711 viewsLblock

Lower back pain on 11:32 - Sep 10 by Pommyhoop

+ 1..
Christ L Block sounds nasty. Was the bleed from your use of the pain killers in your stomach lining?. Honest question I've heard they can cause ulcers and that..

Long and short was that the Naproxen was slowly killing me! I was fcuking furious with my quacks as I had previous issues with Diflonec which was flagged on my notes but a locum prescribed me the yellow perils with no PPIs.
I actually stopped taking them a week or so before I collapsed as I thought they were giving me heart palpitations but by then the damage was done. I didn't know and thought the tiredness, being unwell and light headedness was due to my back which was by then beyond agony.
So I'm at the Yeovil game after a night out on the Friday limping around a mates Birthday celebration; it's an early start as it's another mates Birthday. I had a good few drinks but they went straight to my head and even though I felt properly lagging my back was at nuclear levels.
That Monday I collapsed and after investigations it was emergency surgery and they discovered a delafoy lesion which is basically an ulcer that has ripped open and I was bleeding into myself to a big level. It turned out the palpitations weren't that at all, it was my stomach lining eroding causing reflux pain

So kids..... Don't take NSAIDs without PPIs and if you feel any gullet pain STOP and go to the quacks!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Lower back pain on 21:45 - Sep 11 with 686 viewsTacticalR

Christ!

Air hostess clique

Lower back pain on 22:48 - Sep 11 with 665 viewslondonscottish

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Lower back pain on 09:25 - Sep 12 with 624 viewsTheChef

Lower back pain on 19:33 - Sep 11 by KERMITQPR

I know it sound silly but i always got lower back problems when i dont hydrate properly!!

Drink Water!!! Lots of it

I normally drink like a fish!

Cheers also for the tip about the Bodi Tek, looks like a useful bit of kit so I have decided to get one.

Saw the physio last night, back feels a little easier today - got my stretches to do so hopefully will be in a better place for my next appointment on Tuesday.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Lower back pain on 10:04 - Sep 12 with 612 viewshovehoop

Lower back pain on 19:33 - Sep 11 by KERMITQPR

I know it sound silly but i always got lower back problems when i dont hydrate properly!!

Drink Water!!! Lots of it

Don't think it's silly. A friend claims the same thing. Discs are supposed to hydrate and dehydrate daily. Supposedly we get shorter as the day progresses! I've read it's possible to get unhealthy discs back to good health. Though my physio sniffs at the idea some.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024