Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... 09:49 - Oct 14 with 7396 viewsM40R

Attention those who don't look often at the other site:
http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/showthread.php?183723-The-Secret-Footba

If true, a thought provoking read.
The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 09:54 - Oct 14 with 4944 viewsJamie

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/the-secret-footballer/21936/harry-re

Direct link for those who don't want to give fantasy island hits.
The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 10:02 - Oct 14 with 4910 viewswestberksr

if the gambler mentioned is the guy i know; some of his betting was more than eye opening. would turn you grey/bald at the very thought of some of his losses; often 6 figures over a weekend.

the fact that Arry loves the horses is neither here or there and doesn't impede on his ability to manage; mainly because he's just a shit manager!
The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 10:07 - Oct 14 with 4894 viewsbob566

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 10:02 - Oct 14 by westberksr

if the gambler mentioned is the guy i know; some of his betting was more than eye opening. would turn you grey/bald at the very thought of some of his losses; often 6 figures over a weekend.

the fact that Arry loves the horses is neither here or there and doesn't impede on his ability to manage; mainly because he's just a shit manager!

its Paul Merson, ........................right?

Didn't he play under arry at pompey?
The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 10:42 - Oct 14 with 4785 viewsTacticalR

I see he doesn't believe in 'laziness' as an explanation for events at QPR.

Air hostess clique

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 10:52 - Oct 14 with 4751 viewsJigsore

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 10:42 - Oct 14 by TacticalR

I see he doesn't believe in 'laziness' as an explanation for events at QPR.

yeah, key point for me in that article is that the players aren't lazy per say but they can't give it their all when they don't know what they're doing

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 12:01 - Oct 14 with 4582 viewsAntti_Heinola

Why does Dave Kitson keep saying he's anonymous? It's so easy to work out who he is from his book - what's the point anymore?
Decent article though, but can't agree the players aren't good enough. And even then, there's no excuse for the insipid displays most weeks.

Bare bones.

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 12:04 - Oct 14 with 4570 viewsNorthernr

The players may not be good enough, but they're better than this.

Far too kind on the half-arsed job Redknapp is doing. "had his wings clipped by Tony Fernandes" is a crock of sht. We spent more than the other promoted clubs, and most of the bottom half of last year's Premier League. Again. He's been allowed to entirely replace a perfectly good back four.

This is how it's going to be isn't it? If it keeps going as it is, we go down, Redknapp leaves, he'll be on every television sofa going giving it the big "wewll it was 'ard you know, caming up fru the play offs in a World Cap year, didn't get the playas in quickly enough, I left it to the board and playas came in late so we couldn't get them fit. I wanted the boy Borini and Jermain Defoe but we couldn't do those deals, I wanted Crouchy but Stoke wouldn't let 'im go, watchya gonna do? We didn't have gowls in are team. Borini would have got us 10-11 goals. Jermaine wiwll getchu 15 or 16 ya know? We needed those deawls over the line you know. It was 'ard."

This post has been edited by an administrator
The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 12:06 - Oct 14 with 4558 viewskingsburyR

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 12:04 - Oct 14 by Northernr

The players may not be good enough, but they're better than this.

Far too kind on the half-arsed job Redknapp is doing. "had his wings clipped by Tony Fernandes" is a crock of sht. We spent more than the other promoted clubs, and most of the bottom half of last year's Premier League. Again. He's been allowed to entirely replace a perfectly good back four.

This is how it's going to be isn't it? If it keeps going as it is, we go down, Redknapp leaves, he'll be on every television sofa going giving it the big "wewll it was 'ard you know, caming up fru the play offs in a World Cap year, didn't get the playas in quickly enough, I left it to the board and playas came in late so we couldn't get them fit. I wanted the boy Borini and Jermain Defoe but we couldn't do those deals, I wanted Crouchy but Stoke wouldn't let 'im go, watchya gonna do? We didn't have gowls in are team. Borini would have got us 10-11 goals. Jermaine wiwll getchu 15 or 16 ya know? We needed those deawls over the line you know. It was 'ard."

This post has been edited by an administrator

But we did manage to entice Rio!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Login to get fewer ads

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 12:10 - Oct 14 with 4550 viewsNorthernr

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 12:06 - Oct 14 by kingsburyR

But we did manage to entice Rio!

Who was going to retire but as he was going to move to London anyway to be closer to his family and QPR is in London he thought he might as well.
The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 12:16 - Oct 14 with 4516 viewslondonscottish

That;s waht jumped out at me

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 12:17 - Oct 14 with 4512 viewsessextaxiboy

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 09:54 - Oct 14 by Jamie

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/the-secret-footballer/21936/harry-re

Direct link for those who don't want to give fantasy island hits.

Thanks . I was going to swerve it .

Its a decent and fair article IMO

I have not always sung his praises but IMO we need to get Taraabt fit and on the pitch from the start .

Fer Mutch , Barton and Nico can all do a job but we need someone to take the game to the opposition maybe at the tip of a diamond behind Charlie and Vargas.

We lost our direction when we abandoned 3 at the back without giving it a real go under Hoddles coaching .

Its not surprising that Isla Ferdinand and Traore are the ones out of form when they came here to play that way .
The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 12:35 - Oct 14 with 4432 viewsDiscodroids

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 12:10 - Oct 14 by Northernr

Who was going to retire but as he was going to move to London anyway to be closer to his family and QPR is in London he thought he might as well.

i remember being stalked by 'david' the impassive, emotionless android from prometheus on here for days when i questioned who we had to beat off with a shitty stick to clinch 'Rio's services, such as they are.

despite repeating many, many, many times that we did, he could not name me one premiership side that we fought off in a bloody coup d'etat for harold pinters signature.

can you imagine the talks we had with him.

much like the patti labelle / micheal mcdonald video for 'on my own' or the scene from 'heat' with pacino and de niro , we were probably never in the same room as him..

harold on the blower from Ascot and 'Rio' from the man booker awards ceremony, an oily 'swiss tony' agent twixt the two , having lunch in the ivy.

i fully expect 'Rio' to follow in the path of the girl who got shot by the taliban to win next years 'nobel peace prize'
http://www.carryon.org.uk/sounds/kenny_stop_messing_about.wav
[Post edited 14 Oct 2014 12:42]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 12:46 - Oct 14 with 4371 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 12:17 - Oct 14 by essextaxiboy

Thanks . I was going to swerve it .

Its a decent and fair article IMO

I have not always sung his praises but IMO we need to get Taraabt fit and on the pitch from the start .

Fer Mutch , Barton and Nico can all do a job but we need someone to take the game to the opposition maybe at the tip of a diamond behind Charlie and Vargas.

We lost our direction when we abandoned 3 at the back without giving it a real go under Hoddles coaching .

Its not surprising that Isla Ferdinand and Traore are the ones out of form when they came here to play that way .

The idea that this is still about formations and personnel is the very thing that's holding the team back. That's what Harry thinks as well, which is why we change formation and personnel every week.
Actually, it's the entire attitude, the whole plan (if there is one), the coherence of the team, the pattern of the play. It's so much more fundamental than just who plays and in what position. Gerry touched on that in the Open All Rs podcast when he talked about how to play against the big teams these days.

Bare bones.

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 12:48 - Oct 14 with 4367 viewsYorkRanger

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 12:35 - Oct 14 by Discodroids

i remember being stalked by 'david' the impassive, emotionless android from prometheus on here for days when i questioned who we had to beat off with a shitty stick to clinch 'Rio's services, such as they are.

despite repeating many, many, many times that we did, he could not name me one premiership side that we fought off in a bloody coup d'etat for harold pinters signature.

can you imagine the talks we had with him.

much like the patti labelle / micheal mcdonald video for 'on my own' or the scene from 'heat' with pacino and de niro , we were probably never in the same room as him..

harold on the blower from Ascot and 'Rio' from the man booker awards ceremony, an oily 'swiss tony' agent twixt the two , having lunch in the ivy.

i fully expect 'Rio' to follow in the path of the girl who got shot by the taliban to win next years 'nobel peace prize'
http://www.carryon.org.uk/sounds/kenny_stop_messing_about.wav
[Post edited 14 Oct 2014 12:42]

It makes a fair point about Les Ferdinand. Club legend perhaps but another PR signing. Hopelessly under qualified for the role he has been brought in to do.
The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 12:51 - Oct 14 with 4344 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 12:48 - Oct 14 by YorkRanger

It makes a fair point about Les Ferdinand. Club legend perhaps but another PR signing. Hopelessly under qualified for the role he has been brought in to do.

isn't it a similar role to one held by Sherwood at Spurs before he was manager?

Bare bones.

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 12:59 - Oct 14 with 4314 viewsdaveB

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 12:48 - Oct 14 by YorkRanger

how do you get qualified for the role unless you do it?
The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 13:03 - Oct 14 with 4305 viewsYorkRanger

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 12:51 - Oct 14 by Antti_Heinola

isn't it a similar role to one held by Sherwood at Spurs before he was manager?

Not sure, but if it is its not necessarily a recommendation...
The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 13:04 - Oct 14 with 4296 viewsYorkRanger

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 12:59 - Oct 14 by daveB

how do you get qualified for the role unless you do it?

I agree Dave in broad principle, I'm just not sure we need a Trainee at this juncture.
The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 13:19 - Oct 14 with 4237 viewsBasingstokeR

What qualifications do you need to be a "Head of Football Operations" to be able to say Ferdinand is under-qualified?

The background on the "secret footballer" link looks a bit like Dave Kitson itself.
The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 13:53 - Oct 14 with 4141 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 13:03 - Oct 14 by YorkRanger

Not sure, but if it is its not necessarily a recommendation...

Agree with that it's just that Sherwood had no qualifications for that even, and barely any to be a top flight manager, yet plenty of people on here think he'd be a good choice to manage our club.

Bare bones.

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 14:25 - Oct 14 with 4070 viewsbaz_qpr

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 12:01 - Oct 14 by Antti_Heinola

Why does Dave Kitson keep saying he's anonymous? It's so easy to work out who he is from his book - what's the point anymore?
Decent article though, but can't agree the players aren't good enough. And even then, there's no excuse for the insipid displays most weeks.

Read all the books and follow the column, always thought it was Kevin Phillips, If I remember correctly the guy in the book talks about playing in non league, going raving and taking pills with his mates when he went non league. Dates tally, location tallies career tallies
The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 15:18 - Oct 14 with 3987 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 14:25 - Oct 14 by baz_qpr

Read all the books and follow the column, always thought it was Kevin Phillips, If I remember correctly the guy in the book talks about playing in non league, going raving and taking pills with his mates when he went non league. Dates tally, location tallies career tallies

No, it's definitely Dave Kitson. If you read the book, I'm surprised you came up with Kevin Phillips. Without mentioning the name Pulis he very clearly details a public spat they had with each other in the papers while he was at Stoke which was easily verifiable. He also says he never had an England cap, which rules out Phillips. And if you read into how he describes his play, it's obvious he's a big front man. And I love KP, great player and all that, and I know footballers like to speak platitudes on TV etc, but is the bloke you've probably seen interviewed loads of times on the telly really the sort of bloke who's write the sort of stuff SF does?
[Post edited 14 Oct 2014 15:25]

Bare bones.

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 15:26 - Oct 14 with 3970 viewsbob566

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 15:18 - Oct 14 by Antti_Heinola

No, it's definitely Dave Kitson. If you read the book, I'm surprised you came up with Kevin Phillips. Without mentioning the name Pulis he very clearly details a public spat they had with each other in the papers while he was at Stoke which was easily verifiable. He also says he never had an England cap, which rules out Phillips. And if you read into how he describes his play, it's obvious he's a big front man. And I love KP, great player and all that, and I know footballers like to speak platitudes on TV etc, but is the bloke you've probably seen interviewed loads of times on the telly really the sort of bloke who's write the sort of stuff SF does?

seen alot of people say they think its danny murphy.
The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 15:54 - Oct 14 with 3889 viewsJamie

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 15:18 - Oct 14 by Antti_Heinola

Or alternately a few football writers profiting off the opinions & anecdotes they can't put their name to.
The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 16:06 - Oct 14 with 3863 viewsdaveB

Back on Rio the Palace Chairman was on talk sport a few weeks ago saying they tried to sign Ferdinand as Pullis wanted him but they couldn't get it agreed and he choose us instead.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024